Most OT games in a season?

1B4IDie

I heard and saw numerous times Sunday that we tied the league record for most OT's in a regular season- which hasn't been around all that long. Guess it goes without saying that we also have LOST the most OT games in a regular season. Hell, let's set an unbreakable record and go 5-3 in OT games in 1 season. We're already used to playing 70 minutes a game!

No one seems to have an answer.

I did find this:

https://sportsdelve.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/a-historical-look-at-the-frequency-of-nfl-overtime-game/

In 2002 there were 25 OT games the most in NFL history.

IIRC, the Bills, that year, opened up with an OT loss to the Jets, won in OT, week 2 against the Vikings, and then won another OT game against the Bears in week 4 or 5...Bledsoe's first year.

Edited by Buftex

IIRC, the Bills, that year, opened up with an OT loss to the Jets, won in OT, week 2 against the Vikings, and then won another OT game against the Bears in week 4 or 5...Bledsoe's first year.

good memory, the Jets game we lost by a kick-off return in OT, the Minny game, Price was a beast and we won with a Hollis FG that barely crossed the bar (I think the ball actually touched the bar) and Travis Henry took a dump-off from Bledsoe to beat the Bears.