22 years ago today

bills44

Was at that game - ran out onto the field - never experienced anything like that before.

The only other game that comes close to that feeling was the Sabres-Rangers playoff game where Drury tied the game with 7 seconds left and then Max won it in OT. I probably would have run onto the ice if it was possible.

Too bad they didn't include the regulation series where Freddie Smerlas blocked the kick. I jumped out of my seat for that, even though Smerlas hasn't been too kind to the team in recent years, I always felt that play gave him some vindication for being a poster child for the 2-14 years. It's also strange seeing Bennett wearing 55, got so used to him in 97 during the Superbowl years and after. Glad also the Don Criqui was doing the game, who better to have than a WNY guy in the booth. Thanks for posting!

no doubt. that was the was a huge block. you knew it was on when smerlas did his thing.

polian brought dogs out the next year! i remember the news showed on security guy at this game waving everyone down. beginning of a hell of a great time for bills fans. anyone who went through the post chuck knox era knows that this team we have now is far from the worst. still, when we make it back, it might feel just as sweet.