Our Superbowls

Every time I read about or see reference to the Bills superbowls i makes me sad to my very core.

For this reason alone I am holding out hope for the playoffs this season.

That is all.

154179[/snapback]

They don't make me sad because I enjoyed all the wins in getting there including the "Comeback." I don't think you'll see 4 in a row again or a comeback from 32 points in the 3rd Quarter. The thing that is annoying is that SOME of those guys couldn't stop partying, rise above some hurdles and at least get 1

They don't make me sad because I enjoyed all the wins in getting there including the "Comeback." I don't think you'll see 4 in a row again or a comeback from 32 points in the 3rd Quarter. The thing that is annoying is that SOME of those guys couldn't stop partying, rise above some hurdles and at least get 1

154441[/snapback]

God damn those losses were devastating. I don't even like to think about those games because in the manner in which we lost. Nothng much positve about them. And I don't want 4 in a row again if we dont win any of them.

My case may be worse than Nick.

Every time i heard about the word "superbowl", I remember the Bills Superbowls, and that makes me sad, it makes a glitch (? sp?) in my heart.

Espescially the last Bills Superbowl where we were 13-6 at halftime... very dishearting for this one.

I became almost mad too for the 3 lasts playoffs we had, which is lost every time for nearly something and for the last one i'm pretty sure we would have been to the SB (music city drama, 2 fews losts against Miami and Jacksonville)

Something sure now, i don't want to go to playoffs or SB to miserabily loose, i want a team that dominate and win it all, and for this i somewhere join ICE for his search of the Perfect(ion) Bills Team (but i still believe in Drew Bledsoe :blink: ).

I threw out the VHS tape after the game ended. I'll never watch it again.

154627[/snapback]

Whats really cruel is that one of the Bills Highlite tapes starts out with the kick sailing through the upright. A kind of "what if"

But, guys, it make the legacy bigger. It makes the prize bigger. It makes the suffering more meaningful. It gives purpose to watching the games.....

the first one is always the sweetest. And it'll happen in good time my faithful friends.

But, guys, it make the legacy bigger. It makes the prize bigger. It makes the suffering more meaningful. It gives purpose to watching the games.....

the first one is always the sweetest. And it'll happen in good time my faithful friends.

154710[/snapback]

Does anyone else agree with me that WHEN we win a SB it won't feel nearly as sweet as winning one of those four would have? I feel like I lost my football innocence during those years and winning one now wouldn't make me happy so much as it would just make me want to give a giant :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to the football world for all the crap they gave us during those years.

If that makes any sense.

Does anyone else agree with me that WHEN we win a SB it won't feel nearly as sweet as winning one of those four would have?  I feel like I lost my football innocence during those years and winning one now wouldn't make me happy so much as it would just make me want to give a giant :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to the football world for all the crap they gave us during those years.

If that makes any sense.

154751[/snapback]

So before it would have been a postive win and now it would be a negative win?

Or, rather than "Yeah!!! We are the Champs!!!" it would be "Screw all of you doubters!!! We are the Champs so eat a sock!!!"

Does anyone else agree with me that WHEN we win a SB it won't feel nearly as sweet as winning one of those four would have?  I feel like I lost my football innocence during those years and winning one now wouldn't make me happy so much as it would just make me want to give a giant :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to the football world for all the crap they gave us during those years.

If that makes any sense.

154751[/snapback]

I know exactly what you mean.

154710[/snapback]

Hell, if the Red Sox can win the World Series, the Bills can win the Superbowl. ;)

I think the worst part of the Superbowl teams is how they were labeled "losers". The core of those teams were winners - Kelly, Thurman, Bruce, Reed, Lofton, Tasker, Talley, Hull, Bennett, etc. I appreciate them more these days than I did during their prime, but even then I thought they were classy players who I would stand behind in a heartbeat. I always seem to have a hard time arguing how they were "winners" because I always get the Superbowls thrown at me. Even when I throw back the 4 consecutive AFC Champs, it's not good enough.

Even worse - my boss is a huge Dallas fan.....someone kill me. :lol:

So before it would have been a postive win and now it would be a negative win?

Or, rather than "Yeah!!! We are the Champs!!!" it would be "Screw all of you doubters!!! We are the Champs so eat a sock!!!"

154805[/snapback]

Yeah, that last part. Except I wouldn't tell them to eat a sock. Maybe I'd tell them to eat something that rhymed with sock, though.