Bills Bar in the Atl

AtlBills

Hey, I am in town as well (north of you, in Cumming). I have DirecTV so I typically stay at home. But one year I was downtown on a Sunday and so I went to the Bills Backers bar in Midtown. When I went, they said they were moving away from the Hudson Grille but I see their website says they are still there.

Bills Backers of ATL

The experience wasn't too bad - plenty of TVs with most but not all dedicated to the Bills game. Pretty good crowd - I went on my own and pretty quickly got in with a bigger crowd (buying a drink or two for your fellow Bills fans does wonders!)

Hope that helps.

I don't know about any Bills bars up in Alpharetta, but if you want to go to a great Bills bar right in the city, there's the Hudson Grille. The whole upstairs of the place is for Bills fans, the food is good, and the drinks are great too!

Sorry don't have more info for you...

word...

i'm in ATL for a few weeks and have been catching the games at the Taco Mac in Sandy Springs. It's not a Bills bar but they have all the games on.

where is hudson grille?

Midtown. 942 Peachtree Street.

Isn't everything in Atlanta on Peachtree Street?

Edited by FightClub

I'm an active member of the Bills Backers ATL and participate and help with most of the activities.

We meet at Hudson Grille Midtown, and not just for Bills games. We've been with them for years, and they treat us very well. If you ever want to catch a Sabres game some weeknight, they will put it on for you. Heck, we've even gone in for Bisons games! Great staff, great management over there.

The Hudson Grille management organized and arranged the Sabres Road Crew night last year. Rick Jeanerette, Darcy Riger, and Lindy Ruff showed up and hung out with the fans at the bar all evening.

When the Bills played in Atlanta last season, we did a party on the Wednesday before with Billy Shaw, Chris Brown, and the Murph in attendance.

Even with the Bills sucking, we've still been getting about 100 people each week (had 350+ for the opener).

Great place to watch the games.

I highly recommend, and have even begged board members, to come on down.

Free Valet parking.

Molson beer specials. Genny Cream Ale on tap. Wing sauce from Anchor Bar. They even added a Beef on Weck to their menu.

:thumbsup:

Edited by DrDankenstein

I'm an active member of the Bills Backers ATL and participate and help with most of the activities.

We meet at Hudson Grille Midtown, and not just for Bills games. We've been with them for years, and they treat us very well. If you ever want to catch a Sabres game some weeknight, they will put it on for you. Heck, we've even gone in for Bisons games! Great staff, great management over there.

The Hudson Grille management organized and arranged the Sabres Road Crew night last year. Rick Jeanerette, Darcy Riger, and Lindy Ruff showed up and hung out with the fans at the bar all evening.

When the Bills played in Atlanta last season, we did a party on the Wednesday before with Billy Shaw, Chris Brown, and the Murph in attendance.

Even with the Bills sucking, we've still been getting about 100 people each week (had 350+ for the opener).

Great place to watch the games.

I highly recommend, and have even begged board members, to come on down.

Free Valet parking.

Molson beer specials. Genny Cream Ale on tap. Wing sauce from Anchor Bar. They even added a Beef on Weck to their menu.

:thumbsup:

maybe i will come check you guys out this weekend and see what it's like

can you ride Martha to the Hudson? is it close to the midtown station?

it is, no exaggeration, 50 yards from the Midtown Marta station. Exit on Peachtree Place, walk up to Peachtree, and its right there.

there is a Taco Mac across the street.

with regards to Taco Mac, they pawn themselves off as a "Buffalo" restaurant. They mention the story of the owners being from Buffalo, they have sandwiches named after streets in Buffalo.

But I have never been treated shittier while trying to simply watch a hockey game, than the last (and what will be the last) time I was at a Taco Mac. Requested the Sabres playoff game, and they wouldnt put it in because of some baseball BS. That's the end of that.

This is cool I usually go to the taco mac in sandy springs I never knew there was a whole bills type bar i'll definitely attend. Can i wear my mcgahee jersey or is that outlawed? Thats the only bills jersey i got I think i need to upgrade..LOL..

haha, wear whatever jersey you want. last week i wore my ted's hot dog shirt, so whatever ya got will work!

I'll be sure to bump this thread this weekend, and if anyone wants to come over and say hi, please do. and if you want to avoid me at all costs, understood too. :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDankenstein

This is cool I usually go to the taco mac in sandy springs I never knew there was a whole bills type bar i'll definitely attend. Can i wear my mcgahee jersey or is that outlawed? Thats the only bills jersey i got I think i need to upgrade..LOL..

I was just there vs the Lions. they only had the Bills on one of the smaller tv's which kinda sucked but at least it was on.

I might go check out the Hudson this weekend, rumor i hear is that they have Blue and Blue light which seems to be impossible to find in ATL

What ever happened to The Buffalo Club of Atlanta? They used to meet at the Sidelines in Marietta on Lower Roswell Road. They used to get a pretty big crowd there. I stopped going though because I found the crew at the Cheyenne Grill (now moved down to Hudson) more fun.

Now I have a kid so I don't go to either. I just stream 103.3 The Edge and get chores done around the house. Boooooo.

I was just there vs the Lions. they only had the Bills on one of the smaller tv's which kinda sucked but at least it was on.

I might go check out the Hudson this weekend, rumor i hear is that they have Blue and Blue light which seems to be impossible to find in ATL

We have a Labatt special of 22oz cans!! :thumbsup:

it is, no exaggeration, 50 yards from the Midtown Marta station. Exit on Peachtree Place, walk up to Peachtree, and its right there.

there is a Taco Mac across the street.

with regards to Taco Mac, they pawn themselves off as a "Buffalo" restaurant. They mention the story of the owners being from Buffalo, they have sandwiches named after streets in Buffalo.

But I have never been treated shittier while trying to simply watch a hockey game, than the last (and what will be the last) time I was at a Taco Mac. Requested the Sabres playoff game, and they wouldnt put it in because of some baseball BS. That's the end of that.

yeah, I've also heard that it was started by some guys from Buffalo. And they're another one of those places with a Buffalo/wing logo, since wings are supposedly their claim to fame. Wouldn't you think that they could have figured out the right wing sauce recipe? Their sauce is not very good, and at the very least, it's not "authentic" Buffalo-style sauce. But, they do sell beef on weck on Wednesdays. Not Charlie the Butcher or Schwabl's, but they're passable.

Buffalo's Cafe in the northern 'burbs of Atl (almost the same logo as Taco Mac)have very good authentic sauce. They also have damn good bleu cheese dressing.

Unfortunately, they've been getting cheap with the wings. Typically wings are bought by restaurants by the pound, even though they're sold to customers by the piece.

What this means is that if they buy the tiny wings, they can get more wing pieces for the same dollar. I've had a couple wings that were barely 2 inches long. I asked the server if the bird was just hatched!! Also, it's a shame that the wing cooks still haven't figured out that it's not cooking the snot out of the wings that makes them crispy, but rather draining them properly. Can't tell you how many times I've asked that they be a little crispy, and they either come to the table as usual (rubbery skin), or they cook them until they're burnt to a crisp with all the tenderness fried right out of them.

BTW, I believe Galla's @ 4849 Peachtree Road, in Chamblee still has a good Bills crowd. Owned by a Buffalo guy. Lots of Bills stuff on t he walls. Authentic Buffalo-style wings, pizza, fish frys, beef on weck. http://www.gallaspizza.com/

Sidelines in Marietta used to host a Bills crowd. Don't know if they still do.

DrDankenstein Who are you?!!!!!!!? lol... PM me your name I prob know you. sorry I got to this post late... I have been going to this bar for about 4 years (used to be at cheyennegrille)... Watch all the game there... It's great trust me worth the drive... Here are some random videos all from this year I put up. I have a good bit from last week's win. They are from my phone so sorry about the quality. http://www.youtube.com/user/tbssimpson?feature=mhsn#p/u/5/kNmtAxj0Ks4

BBA face book

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/BillsBackersofAtlanta

Come on down... No prob on the jersey wear it anyways... Which style is it? I will be in ummm let me think... I will make it my Lynch light blue throwback jersey. I look out for ya.

Hey, I am in town as well (north of you, in Cumming). I have DirecTV so I typically stay at home. But one year I was downtown on a Sunday and so I went to the Bills Backers bar in Midtown. When I went, they said they were moving away from the Hudson Grille but I see their website says they are still there.

Bills Backers of ATL

The experience wasn't too bad - plenty of TVs with most but not all dedicated to the Bills game. Pretty good crowd - I went on my own and pretty quickly got in with a bigger crowd (buying a drink or two for your fellow Bills fans does wonders!)

Hope that helps.

We were just moving to Hudson... it was the same management as the old place we were at (chayanne grill) they just moved to the new location being the Hudson.

yeah, I've also heard that it was started by some guys from Buffalo. And they're another one of those places with a Buffalo/wing logo, since wings are supposedly their claim to fame. Wouldn't you think that they could have figured out the right wing sauce recipe? Their sauce is not very good, and at the very least, it's not "authentic" Buffalo-style sauce. But, they do sell beef on weck on Wednesdays. Not Charlie the Butcher or Schwabl's, but they're passable.

Buffalo's Cafe in the northern 'burbs of Atl (almost the same logo as Taco Mac)have very good authentic sauce. They also have damn good bleu cheese dressing.

Unfortunately, they've been getting cheap with the wings. Typically wings are bought by restaurants by the pound, even though they're sold to customers by the piece.

What this means is that if they buy the tiny wings, they can get more wing pieces for the same dollar. I've had a couple wings that were barely 2 inches long. I asked the server if the bird was just hatched!! Also, it's a shame that the wing cooks still haven't figured out that it's not cooking the snot out of the wings that makes them crispy, but rather draining them properly. Can't tell you how many times I've asked that they be a little crispy, and they either come to the table as usual (rubbery skin), or they cook them until they're burnt to a crisp with all the tenderness fried right out of them.

BTW, I believe Galla's @ 4849 Peachtree Road, in Chamblee still has a good Bills crowd. Owned by a Buffalo guy. Lots of Bills stuff on t he walls. Authentic Buffalo-style wings, pizza, fish frys, beef on weck. http://www.gallaspizza.com/

Sidelines in Marietta used to host a Bills crowd. Don't know if they still do.

I have been to Galla's once and it was good... smaller place, it wasn't a game day so i dnk about sunday bills crew but I am pretty sure Hudson has more bills fans just being the BBA for the last many years.

DrDankenstein Who are you?!!!!!!!? lol... PM me your name I prob know you. sorry I got to this post late... I have been going to this bar for about 4 years (used to be at cheyennegrille)... Watch all the game there... It's great trust me worth the drive... Here are some random videos all from this year I put up. I have a good bit from last week's win. They are from my phone so sorry about the quality. youtube.com/user/tbssimpson?feature=mhsn#p/u/5/kNmtAxj0Ks4

BBA face book

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/BillsBackersofAtlanta

HAHAHA we DEFINITELY know each other seeing as how that was my table you were standing behind in those videos. I'm Wes, I was wearing the blue Zubaz Logo tshirt in that clip, standing next to Eric (with the leather helmet). Now who are YOU?!? :thumbsup:

BIG BIG fan of Gala's. Best place for Buffalo style pizza and subs in all of the south. Also, Barker's Red Hots in Marietta. They serve Sahlens, same setup as ripped off from Ted's, open flame grill, etc. They also sell Sahlens by the pound or 5lb bag!

Edited by DrDankenstein

Hope to see you guys at the bar today. Ill have my red "Spiller Time" shirt on if anyone wants to stop by.

95altima, Im sure Ill see you there.

Just a quick question Dr...it is a family friendly bar correct? I have a 12 yr old son who is coming with us, some sports bars that allow smoking do not allow children. thx

Just a quick question Dr...it is a family friendly bar correct? I have a 12 yr old son who is coming with us, some sports bars that allow smoking do not allow children. thx

Yep, very family friendly. We usually have a couple of kids around your son's age each week. Smoking outside on the patio.

The Bills game is shown upstairs on the big screen.

Edited by DrDankenstein