Local Albany/Schenectady TV station disses the Bills

Albany,n.y.

In a segment called "You paid for it" Channel 6, which is a CBS station that carries a few Bills games a year talks about the Bills getting $3 million a year from NYS in order to keep them in NYS. Two local assembly members, Jim Tedisco and George Amedore, question whether in today's economic times the state should be giving the Bills the money. Tedisco then sarcastically says the Bills should be winning more games. They talked about Toronto giving the Bills money too. About the only decent part was when they mentioned that the Bills generate $ in taxes & having the Bills keeps some people in WNY employed.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

In a segment called "You paid for it" Channel 6, which is a CBS station that carries a few Bills games a year talks about the Bills getting $3 million a year from NYS in order to keep them in NYS. Two local assembly members, Jim Tedisco and George Amedore, question whether in today's economic times the state should be giving the Bills the money. Tedisco then sarcastically says the Bills should be winning more games. They talked about Toronto giving the Bills money too. About the only decent part was when they mentioned that the Bills generate $ in taxes & having the Bills keeps some people in WNY employed.

Yeah, this is exactly where Albany should start cleaning up its waste. :wallbash: :wallbash:

The max New York income tax rate is 8.97%. The Bills football payroll is 110,799,266, virtually all of them in the top bracket. That's about ten million dollars of state tax revenue right there, before you start working on all the other people the team employs, much less the broader economic benefits of the team.

I dont think NY should be paying any money for the stadium operating in a multi billion dollar industry, thats not the role of government. I also dont think the state should be taxing its citizens either, or reward laziness by operating a huge welfare state. I guess you cant have one without the other....?

Edited by Thoner7

The 3 million that NYS gives the Bills pales in comparison to the the amount of money that the state has lost to inmates within various county and state lockups that have been illegally collecting unemployment benefits. TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to criminals currently serving sentences and collecting more $$$ on OUR dime. This story aired during the same newscast. Where is the outrage from these same politicians about this $&*@. I would also imagine that Tedisco and Amedore's counterparts in the NYS Assembly and Senate that represent Western NY would have very contrary opinions on this subject.