Mallett, Luck or Tebow

This is kind of a dickhead response to an honest & innocent post.

Thanks for defending me on that one...Hey, I'm all for getting a young stud QB in here, but Kyle Orton is a heck of a QB and Denver may want save $$ to replenish defense. That being said, Buffalo (Jim Kelly in particular) loved Tebow. Maybe my use of the word "buttload" was inappropriate, but the kid does have a passion for the game and is a proven leader (that was his biggest selling point anyway)...passion for the game (and not just making big bucks means alot). If that makes me an extremist or a troll...so be it.

I have been watching all the highlights of Mallett and Luck (since they are apparently the 2 QB's everyone is concentrating on). Mallett has a nice arm, throws a long ball, accurate, but mobility is questionable (except for the dash up the middle for a TD with a spread offense). I watched his conference and he seems intelligent but passionless. Luck has better mobility, accurate at times, but it seemed alot of balls were underthrown on occassion or his receivers would have scored more TD's if hit on stride (rather than reaching back or diving). His conferences were intelligent, personable and he seems to have more passion for the game than Mallett (in my opinion).

Any thoughts on Tebow. The guy has shown he can grasp an NFL offense, he is quick, rugged, appears to have improved his throwing mechanics (but I'm no QB coach)...but he has a BUTTLOAD of passion for the game and has a good head on his shoulders. Jim Kelly loved this kid and with Kyle Orton, Denver may want to deal.

What I see in Mallett and Luck is two very good quarterbacks, but are they "franchise" Peyton Manning type guys?? I don't believe so. It may be better to look for a young QB with NFL experience (if Kelly liked Tebow, so do I)

well i can guarantee you any GM that needs a QB would cream in their pants to get their hands on Luck.everywhere i read they say he is the best QB prospect to come out in 10 years or since rivers.

every game i watch him play i simply cannot imagine him being a Bill this town would go nuts if we got the next Jimbo we havent had a relivent QB since Kelly.

IMO this kid is amaizing.

all i know is all we have been listening to for the last couple of years is wait until 2011 to get your QB.

Thanks for defending me on that one...Hey, I'm all for getting a young stud QB in here, but Kyle Orton is a heck of a QB and Denver may want save $$ to replenish defense. That being said, Buffalo (Jim Kelly in particular) loved Tebow. Maybe my use of the word "buttload" was inappropriate, but the kid does have a passion for the game and is a proven leader (that was his biggest selling point anyway)...passion for the game (and not just making big bucks means alot). If that makes me an extremist or a troll...so be it.

Tebow was a wasted 1st rd pick. The only people I have seen that still think he is going to be any good have been one of those 3 choices.

Throw in the phrase "BUTTLOAD of passion" and I have to question the seriousness of the poster.

Tebow was a wasted 1st rd pick. The only people I have seen that still think he is going to be any good have been one of those 3 choices.

Throw in the phrase "BUTTLOAD of passion" and I have to question the seriousness of the poster.

I didn't realize this Board was reserved for erudite and profound submissions such as yours alone. I have been a die-hard Bills fan since I was a kid growing up in Lancaster, Elma, during college and still to this day living in Upstate NY. Your ability to judge the seriousness of a poster is uncanny...perhaps it would be best for you to apply for the Guess Your Weight booth at the Erie County Fair.

I have been watching all the highlights of Mallett and Luck (since they are apparently the 2 QB's everyone is concentrating on). Mallett has a nice arm, throws a long ball, accurate, but mobility is questionable (except for the dash up the middle for a TD with a spread offense). I watched his conference and he seems intelligent but passionless. Luck has better mobility, accurate at times, but it seemed alot of balls were underthrown on occassion or his receivers would have scored more TD's if hit on stride (rather than reaching back or diving). His conferences were intelligent, personable and he seems to have more passion for the game than Mallett (in my opinion).

Any thoughts on Tebow. The guy has shown he can grasp an NFL offense, he is quick, rugged, appears to have improved his throwing mechanics (but I'm no QB coach)...but he has a BUTTLOAD of passion for the game and has a good head on his shoulders. Jim Kelly loved this kid and with Kyle Orton, Denver may want to deal.

What I see in Mallett and Luck is two very good quarterbacks, but are they "franchise" Peyton Manning type guys?? I don't believe so. It may be better to look for a young QB with NFL experience (if Kelly liked Tebow, so do I)

The concept of trading for Tebow really hurts your creditability. Its laughable at best. What would we offer? A top 5 pick? Thats really not a good idea in any stretch of the imagination.

However I do believe you are one of the few people to actually watch Luck play, because people that dont see this:

seemed alot of balls were underthrown on occassion or his receivers would have scored more TD's if hit on stride (rather than reaching back or diving)

aren't watching the games.

Luck dumps off A LOT (yeah yeah "Its the System" is the excuse) and when he has an open receiver he does under throw them often. There is this imaginary Peyton-esque Luck and then the real Luck that is a good prospect but needs another year in college, or some major NFL QB coaching to be effective.

Good news is Chan's staff seems to be good at coaching QBs.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

well i can guarantee you any GM that needs a QB would cream in their pants to get their hands on Luck.everywhere i read they say he is the best QB prospect to come out in 10 years or since rivers.

I remember most people on this board did not want Rivers because of his delivery.

I remember most people on this board did not want Rivers because of his delivery.

Yeah I find this "since Rivers" stuff funny, I guess its because in 2010 he is making an assault on Marino's record.

If we're talking 2004 draft. I would think that Eli Manning would = Luck (can't miss, NFL blood lines, consensus #1 overall) and Mallet would = Philip Rivers (Rocket Arm, immobile QB, ? about being an NFL quality QB)

For the Bill's sake I could live with Luck, Eli Manning or Mallet, Philip Rivers.

You could have a player that every single GM agrees is the best prospect ever, guaranteed to be a HOF'er, who wanted to win super bowls only for Buffalo and the wingnuts on this board would criticize him for playing in a mickey mouse conference, or not running a 4.5 or being too short, or growing up where it doesn't snow, or he only played so many games.

I didn't realize this Board was reserved for erudite and profound submissions such as yours alone. I have been a die-hard Bills fan since I was a kid growing up in Lancaster, Elma, during college and still to this day living in Upstate NY. Your ability to judge the seriousness of a poster is uncanny...perhaps it would be best for you to apply for the Guess Your Weight booth at the Erie County Fair.

?

Umm...that's great!

Sounds like a BUTTLOAD of passion for the Bills!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

The concept of trading for Tebow really hurts your creditability. Its laughable at best. What would we offer? A top 5 pick? Thats really not a good idea in any stretch of the imagination.

However I do believe you are one of the few people to actually watch Luck play, because people that dont see this:

seemed alot of balls were underthrown on occassion or his receivers would have scored more TD's if hit on stride (rather than reaching back or diving)

aren't watching the games.

Luck dumps off A LOT (yeah yeah "Its the System" is the excuse) and when he has an open receiver he does under throw them often. There is this imaginary Peyton-esque Luck and then the real Luck that is a good prospect but needs another year in college, or some major NFL QB coaching to be effective.

Good news is Chan's staff seems to be good at coaching QBs.

Yea this is true. As for the dumpoffs, he's at 8.4 yds per att. Mallett is 9.4, so unless he's doing the same thing dont see what you mean.

As for underthrowing, the guy is completing 70% of his passes which is tops(tied) for the best in the top 10 passers in NCAA.

So he's not an unpolished passer i think you are being a little picky, especially considering he is running a pro style timing offense.

There's a reason he is considered the #1 pick whenever he decides to come out, its bc the reasons you listed either dont exist or are not there to the extent you perceive them.

I'm not taking sides on this luck issue it just seems silly so many people are trying so hard to knock the kid.

If he comes out and the bills have the #1 pick they will take him, bc he will be considered the closest to a no miss pick.

Yea this is true. As for the dumpoffs, he's at 8.4 yds per att. Mallett is 9.4, so unless he's doing the same thing dont see what you mean.

As for underthrowing, the guy is completing 70% of his passes which is tops(tied) for the best in the top 10 passers in NCAA.

So he's not an unpolished passer i think you are being a little picky, especially considering he is running a pro style timing offense.

There's a reason he is considered the #1 pick whenever he decides to come out, its bc the reasons you listed either dont exist or are not there to the extent you perceive them.

I'm not taking sides on this luck issue it just seems silly so many people are trying so hard to knock the kid.

If he comes out and the bills have the #1 pick they will take him, bc he will be considered the closest to a no miss pick.

You're right if Luck is there when the Bills pick Luck is the proper pick.

What I am trying to do is set realistic expectations. There are many more posts that rhapsodize about what a beautiful QB Luck is and how he and Teddy Bruschi walk hand in hand over lakes and rivers while they discuss football strategy. When I read them, it seems very certain the poster has never watched Luck play.

He is a good QB prospect with some more to learn. He is not a guaranteed Week 1 starter in the NFL. If he comes out in the draft he has LESS RISK than the other prospects.

The good news is the Bills seem to have a pretty good QB coach. So taking a QB that does need some improvement to play in the NFL, like Luck will be a good thing.

I guess we're disagreeing to agree but it sounds like we're saying a lot of the same things just in a different way.

It just bothers me when Luck is described as a ready made QB when my eyes tell me something different and the poster is talking about things they want to see now things they're actually seeing.

You're right if Luck is there when the Bills pick Luck is the proper pick.

What I am trying to do is set realistic expectations. There are many more posts that rhapsodize about what a beautiful QB Luck is and how he and Teddy Bruschi walk hand in hand over lakes and rivers while they discuss football strategy. When I read them, it seems very certain the poster has never watched Luck play.

He is a good QB prospect with some more to learn. He is not a guaranteed Week 1 starter in the NFL. If he comes out in the draft he has LESS RISK than the other prospects.

The good news is the Bills seem to have a pretty good QB coach. So taking a QB that does need some improvement to play in the NFL, like Luck will be a good thing.

I guess we're disagreeing to agree but it sounds like we're saying a lot of the same things just in a different way.

It just bothers me when Luck is described as a ready made QB when my eyes tell me something different and the poster is talking about things they want to see now things they're actually seeing.

he aint perfect but many are considering him one of the most polished QBs in years. All picks are a gamble but this is one you make bc its low.