Derek Sherrod

The Big Cat

I saw him a few weeks ago for the first time buring our bye week. I was unimpressed.

FWIW the announcers did comment that they met and talked with the Bills scouts who were in town to scout the guy. They said the Bills had him graded out as a RT. So I doubt we see him in the top 5.

- From everyone I have seen I dont see a top flight LT. Sherrod is a RT, Carimi is a RT too, Love same thing, that kid from Colorado wasnt very good at all. I havent seen much of Costanza from BC, he is the only one I havent watched a lot, but he was getting owned vrs NCs Quinn. Quinn is a top prospect, but Id like a top LT prospect to block EVERYONE he faces in college handidly. This is the year to add a top RT in the 2nd or 3rd, not at LT in Rd1

Edited by Thoner7

Sherrod shouldn't be going in the top 3.

Agreed. I don't see an Olinemen worth taking in the entire first round this year. Bottom line, we need Andrew Luck to declare for the draft. IMO and most experts he is the only bonafide franchise quarterback in this years draft.(although potentially looks like deep qb class too) While the D-line class looks the deapest in recent years. If we remain with a top 3pick we could possibly pull off a great draft.

for example.

round1pick1 QB Andrew Luck

round2pick1 whatever defensivelineman with first round value slips to this spot

round3pick1 OT Marcus Cannon 6'6 350

I would be happy with this kind of outcome.

I go back and forth on this so much......

I dont know why I do this but each and every week I hope that Ryan Mallett shows enough to convince me that if Luck really does come out we lure some team to take what will be a starting NFL QB and in turn give us a treasure test of quality draft picks.....

The ONLY way we get this team back into the grooves of the track is to restock the team with actual NFL talent...this is the thing. I think Buddy Nix is a FINE evaluator of draft talent.....suppose a trade down allowing someone else to take luck got us

- Ryan Mallett

- A starting RIGHT OT. I Think D. Bell is just fine where he is....somebody like Carimi at ROT....Wood to Center.....Wang to RG....Howard and Wrotto backing up.

- A DE who can actually get to the QB out of the 3-4 alignment

- A productive tight end who wont miss blocks

- A athletic outside linebacker who can actually hold the edge on the defense.

So what if Ryan Mallett is Drew Bledsoe reincarnet......when Drew was getting good OL protection he was a fine QB.......he went to a super bowl even though he lost it....

I go back and forth on this so much......

I dont know why I do this but each and every week I hope that Ryan Mallett shows enough to convince me that if Luck really does come out we lure some team to take what will be a starting NFL QB and in turn give us a treasure test of quality draft picks.....

The ONLY way we get this team back into the grooves of the track is to restock the team with actual NFL talent...this is the thing. I think Buddy Nix is a FINE evaluator of draft talent.....suppose a trade down allowing someone else to take luck got us

- Ryan Mallett

- A starting RIGHT OT. I Think D. Bell is just fine where he is....somebody like Carimi at ROT....Wood to Center.....Wang to RG....Howard and Wrotto backing up.

- A DE who can actually get to the QB out of the 3-4 alignment

- A productive tight end who wont miss blocks

- A athletic outside linebacker who can actually hold the edge on the defense.

So what if Ryan Mallett is Drew Bledsoe reincarnet......when Drew was getting good OL protection he was a fine QB.......he went to a super bowl even though he lost it....

I figure any OT we'd draft--at least as a rookie--would man the right side, a la rookie Michael Oher (I think?).

CBS has him rated as the top overall OT. I don't think we'll have the first pick next year, I think we take this kid somewhere 2-5.

He looks tough.

You don't think the Bills will have the first pick next year? Um...why? :blink:

Secondly, even if the Bills do pick 2-5, (but I'm unfortunatley pretty convinced they will "hold onto" the number 1 pick and be "on the clock" the minute the regular season ends, as whoever will be calling that game will inevitably mention), how on earth do you think the Bills can afford to not pick their franchise QB number one? Even Ralph Wilson has stated they "need a quarterback" a few weeks ago.

The Bills will draft Luck with the number one pick in the 2011 draft, unless Luck decides to stay in college. I will stand by this prediction from now until draft day next April. It's just too obvious a need in my humble opinion, especially seeing how well Stafford, Ryan and even Bradford already this rookie season, have played as recent overall Number One draft picks. Andrew Luck has been favorably compared to being as ready as any of those guys were coming out of college. Remember back heading into the 1986 season. Bill Polian had holes to fill all over the roster, but nothing really started until he signed Jimbo about 5 minutes after the USFL closed up shop. Nix doesn't have anything close to that kind of stress to deal with in order to get his Jim Kelly into Buffalo. All he has to do is instruct his guy to hand the slip of paper up to the commish with Luck's name on it.

As bad as our DL is, Luck and a top T in Rd2 is my priority. We need to protect our new QB and I am not relying on Wrotto/Hoard/Green :sick:

Love or Carimi WILL be there at 33. I like Carimi and his run blocking but he looks limtited athletically and gets his weight over his toes and gets off balence. Love I like a lot too. If you watch Ark close enough you would notice they use him as a swing T. When they run right, he plays RT, when they pass or run left, he plays LT. Not every single time but most of the time. That gets him experience all over and shows how dominant he is in teh SEC. I think he may be goen before 33 but if not I want him to be our RT in 2011.

PS Bamas LT Carter is awesome. I would love to have him as our RG and move Wood to Center. He is a great pass blocking LT in college and a nasty rn blocker. Him at G could be a match amde in Heaven.