QB Standings Going Into This Weekend

Astrobot

1. Andrew Luck - tore Arizona a new one, with relative ease.

2. Jake Locker - Out with broken ribs

3. Ryan Mallett - Besides Newton, most likely Jr. to declare for '11 draft

4. Cameron Newton - Passes for 4 TD's, runs for another, but it was against an over-matched Chattanooga team. New NCAA charges loom

5. Colin Kaepernick - 320 yds and 5 TD passes vs Enderle's Idaho club

6. Andy Dalton - 21/26, 355 yds and 3 TD passes against #5 Utah

7. Pat Devlin - 29/38, 318 yards, 1 passing and 1 rushing TD vs 1-8 Towson

8. Brandon Weeden - 34/42, 435 yds passing and 3 TD's in rout of Baylor

9. T.J. Yates - 24/35 439 yards passing and 3 TD's to lead UNC to close win over FSU

10. Christian Ponder 24/34, 264 passing and 3 TD's in close loss to UNC

11. Blaine Gabbert (12/30, 95 yards passing and zero TD's against the 119th ranked collegiate passing defense)

12. Ricky Stanzi - 22/33, 290 yds and 1 TD in narrow win over IU

13. Nathan Enderle - 220 yds and 3 TD's in losing effort vs Nevada; looking very average vs Boise right now

14. Nick Foles - With injury, rust, believe he will return for Senior year.

15. Terrelle Pryor - Idle

16. Greg McElroy - 21/34, 223 yds passing, 2 TD's and an INT :

he's a Jr, and short, and lefty, and not much of an arm

An accurate winner without the NFL body. Sounds like Flutie. If you ask me Rick McGlothlin should include the kid in his rankings. I think he is looking at the 09' Kellen Moore not the kid who is making all the throws this year. Not the Kellen Moore excelling in the 15+ yard pass. And McGlothlin tried to talk upon Cam Newtons problems. As long as he still plays his stock aint changing. Andrew Luck, I heard desmond howard say tonight he is the most nfl ready quarterback in the ncaa.

he's a Jr, and short, and lefty, and not much of an arm

Yes hes short, and a lefty, but not much of an arm? I disagree man. ive watched quite a few of his games this year and he seems to have a pretty good arm to me. Hes accurate and a WINNER. I wouldnt mind him at all. He definitely seems to have "It".

Doesnt matter though, I doubt he comes out this year anyways. But hes definitely in my top 5 right now

Don't think I want to draft him ahead of the third round but Newton was amazing yesterday. With his arm, too. Under huge pressure on him (meaning all of the hoopla). He has a cannon, and was ridiculously accurate. he's not Tebow or even Vince Young. He's got a great arm. But he hasn't been asked to read defenses, which is the only reason I would stay away from him. Not sure how smart he is (from his alleged actions, perhaps not very) but interviews and wonderlics could uncover whether he is or isn't. He's clearly a better college player than even Luck is.

I would draft Luck though #1 without question. And wouldn't draft newton in the first round. But he really impressed with his arm. Not even counting his running, which is ridiculous.

Yes hes short, and a lefty, but not much of an arm? I disagree man. ive watched quite a few of his games this year and he seems to have a pretty good arm to me. Hes accurate and a WINNER. I wouldnt mind him at all. He definitely seems to have "It".

Doesnt matter though, I doubt he comes out this year anyways. But hes definitely in my top 5 right now

I think we are getting too focused on "It" just because our last several guys haven't been good QBs. Trent and JP were not good QBs. They had the talent but were never good QBs and failed to become them when in Buffalo. For all the love I have for Flutie, and I am not really interested in finding a Flutie...I'm interested in finding a Rivers/Rothleisberger/Brady/Manning/Rodgers. So while I think just looking for measurables and getting stuck with Losman/Leaf/George is dumb, also over focusing on intangibles isn't a great idea, and college success doesn't always project well either.

Let's get a big strong accurate QB with a strong arm and great football sense. Luck to me seems like the obvious choice, but Mallett could be a fit too. Not so sure about anybody else in this draft, but I'm sure there is going to be a surprise or two here as well.