The 'Second Coming' (of Jim Kelly)

The Senator

As promised in APV's earlier thread (Link - If we can just lose every game for the next 3 years!), The Senator has kept his watchful eye on the local H.S football scene to ascertain just exactly how long the Bills need to continue losing every game before we finally find a ' franchise QB ' like Jim Kelly...

Bills fans, I give you Chad Kelly!!!!

Nephew of Hall of Fame Bills QB leads St. Joe's to its first League AA title since 2006

Forget about just 'losing out' for the rest of only this season - on the very remote outside chance that Andy Luck declares for the April draft - that's a crap shoot, as is Luck's guarantee of success in the NFL.

Now, if the Bills were to lose every game for the next 4 years, I'm calculating that Chad Kelly will be a red-shirt junior and come out for the 2015 draft. By then the Bills will have been stockpiling #1 overall picks since 2011, and Chad Kelly - certain to be an NFL HOFer - will be the only missing piece of the puzzle that is the Bills winning Superbowl 50 in 2016!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Just LOSE, baby!!!!! :wallbash:

As promised in APV's earlier thread (Link - If we can just lose every game for the next 3 years!), The Senator has kept his watchful eye on the local H.S football scene to ascertain just exactly how long the Bills need to continue losing every game before we finally find a ' franchise QB ' like Jim Kelly...

Bills fans, I give you Chad Kelly!!!!

Nephew of Hall of Fame Bills QB leads St. Joe's to its first League AA title since 2006

Forget about just 'losing out' for the rest of only this season - on the very remote outside chance that Andy Luck declares for the April draft - that's a crap shoot, as is Luck's guarantee of success in the NFL.

Now, if the Bills were to lose every game for the next 4 years, I'm calculating that Chad Kelly will be a red-shirt junior and come out for the 2015 draft. By then the Bills will have been stockpiling #1 overall picks since 2011, and Chad Kelly - certain to be an NFL HOFer - will be the only missing piece of the puzzle that is the Bills winning Superbowl 50 in 2016!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Just LOSE, baby!!!!! :wallbash:

I like the idea, but I just don't think I can take 4 more 0-16 seasons.

You think it's hard to project college kids to the NFL, it's even harder to project HS kids. Trent Edwards was the nation's number 2 QB coming out of HS (behind Jamarcus Russel if I recall).

I think I'll just roll with hoping for Andrew Luck.

I want Kelly. He's the real deal. Trust me. :rolleyes:

I like the idea, but I just don't think I can take 4 more 0-16 seasons.

You think it's hard to project college kids to the NFL, it's even harder to project HS kids. Trent Edwards was the nation's number 2 QB coming out of HS (behind Jamarcus Russel if I recall).

Was it just too early? You didn't see the sarcasm?

I think its a grand idea.

By Then "Mayhem" Maybin will have gained enough weight to play in the NFL.

We will have a HOFer on both sides of the ball.

Trent Edwards? Never heard of him. 0:)

Stop dreaming Senator. If you want the real deal, my son has a wicked arm and he's 5 years old. I'm not smart enough to figure out when he will declaring for the NFL, but if we "just lose" until then, I'm sure he would be happy to sign with the Bills. :thumbsup:

The 'Second Coming' (of Jim Kelly) Now, if the Bills just lose every game thru 2014...

Be careful what you wish for....please!

His post was intended as sarcasm. This is his way of (again) attempting to heap ridicule on those who would like to see the Bills lose games in order to draft Luck. The reason the Senator feels the need to ridicule those with that opinion is because he'd prefer to see the Bills pile up meaningless wins this season, instead of attaining high draft position. Thus far, I have not seen him articulate a cogent reason why he thinks meaningless wins are somehow better than adding elite-level talent through early draft picks. But he's attempting to make up for his absence of a logical point through sheer repetition.

Stop dreaming Senator. If you want the real deal, my son has a wicked arm and he's 5 years old. I'm not smart enough to figure out when he will declaring for the NFL, but if we "just lose" until then, I'm sure he would be happy to sign with the Bills. :thumbsup:

That would make him a college senior in about 2027. I'll be doing my '2027 Draft-Value Spreadsheets' this weekend - tell me, if you know, does he plan to 'red-shirt'? :D

Edited by The Senator

CK's freshman (suspended 7 games) and sophomore (dismissed from team) years were very DOH. Very cool to see him course-corrected and doing well at the new school.

Holy crap, that's a lot of JUG!!!!

Nice to see the Christian Brothers are doing their jobs well. :thumbsup:

(They make a fine brandy, too! B-) )

His post was intended as sarcasm. This is his way of (again) attempting to heap ridicule on those who would like to see the Bills lose games in order to draft Luck. The reason the Senator feels the need to ridicule those with that opinion is because he'd prefer to see the Bills pile up meaningless wins this season, instead of attaining high draft position. Thus far, I have not seen him articulate a cogent reason why he thinks meaningless wins are somehow better than adding elite-level talent through early draft picks. But he's attempting to make up for his absence of a logical point through sheer repetition.

In professional sports You play to win the game.

If it were logical that the wins were meaningless why does any team that is out of playoff contention in any sport still play?

Once you're eliminated from the playoffs then the teams should just stop playing by your logic.

Playing to win is the whole point of sport. If you don't understand that concept you should go watch Glee or play video games.

Because you play to win the game.

In professional sports You play to win the game.

If it were logical that the wins were meaningless why does any team that is out of playoff contention in any sport still play?

Once you're eliminated from the playoffs then the teams should just stop playing by your logic.

Playing to win is the whole point of sport. If you don't understand that concept you should go watch Glee or play video games.

You are thinking like a player when you should be thinking like a general manager.

Suppose that in 1997 the Colts had gone 7-9. (Instead of the 1-15 record they actually complied.) Peyton Manning would be a member of some other team. The Colts wouldn't have earned that Super Bowl ring.

Games are won or lost by the players, and your best players are acquired primarily through the draft.

Edited by Edwards' Arm