Andrew Luck on Jim Rome at 2PM ET

bbb

Like Ive said before, the main reason super high draft picks stay in school is to come back and win a championship. With Stanford there's virtually no chance of that happening.

With that and the other reasons cited I see Luck coming out.

Actually I'd say most players return to college because they're looking to improve their draft status. Most of them aren't considered worthy of the first overall pick like Luck, thus they have a chance to go higher, while Luck won't. I'm sure they believe winning a national championship will help them in that quest.

I think losing Roscoe is going to be a huge detriment to the offense. Week after week he's made huge catches in 3rd and long situations. With Lee Evans also being hobbled by an injury in practice this week and the running game already struggling it's very possible the offense overall doesn't keep us in games the way it has the past few weeks.

I'm just saying--- with an 0-8 team, things need to go our way in an overwhelming fashion to get off the schneid, and injuries to a major component like Roscoe Parrish decreases our chances of winning a game, IMHO.

Parrish could be a huge loss, or someone could step up in his place, like Stevie did for TO (who is having a "monster" season in Cincy, although their season is done). I think Parrish has 1 year left on his contract anyway, so it might be a good time to see what his eventual replacement has got.

Forgive me for not understanding the situation correctly and spreading misinformation. I thopught that if a they voted to lock out the players that the new CBA would be retroactive to cover the upcoming 2011 draft class. :oops:

The second article is less than a month old. And what, specifically, has changed since those articles were written?

Exactly. You'd think that the owners would tell rookies/their agents "there is no CBA so you'll get paid under the new CBA rules." But then you read articles like these.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These links are dated. No one knows what will happen for sure. When I roll this this around I come up with this:

If owners know they are going to lockout players why would they sign and pay huge money to rookies that won't play?

They don't lose anything by waiting until the Lockout is over to sign rookies, they own the rights until February.

One of the major issues in the labor negotiations is rookie salary cap, the NFLPA isn't completely opposed to some sort of rookie salary cap. So again why would a team pay the #1 pick 65+ mil in guaranteed money with a huge signing bonus then lock the players out?

Because they want him to come out after his sophomore year?

Does anyone want to write about what Luck actually said to Rome? This thread had a purpose up until the 2nd post.

I already said what he said regarding what we as Bills fans care about. What else are you looking for?

Does anyone want to write about what Luck actually said to Rome? This thread had a purpose up until the 2nd post.

I'll try to expound further. Rome said Luck was great. Luck was very humble about it..........I didn't get chance to listen after, but I'm sure the next segment was filled with emails that said "Epic interview with Andrew Luck, Romey!"

No.

You can probably write it yourself.

"I'm focused on the next game and I'm going to work real hard. I'm not worried about the NFL just worried about the next game and working real hard. My family and I will sit down and decide in the offseason, but I'm just focused on working real hard and winning on Saturday. . . .blahdy blahdy blah."

No.

You can probably write it yourself.

"I'm focused on the next game and I'm going to work real hard. I'm not worried about the NFL just worried about the next game and working real hard. My family and I will sit down and decide in the offseason, but I'm just focused on working real hard and winning on Saturday. . . .blahdy blahdy blah."

Epic interview, Romey!

Thanks, must have missed other summaries. I thought this was just another thread that started with a point and then devolved into whether Luck will declare or not.

No, as L+W=W summarized, interviews with athletes suck and you know what it's going to be going in. Especially on Rome. (That's why Tony Kornheiser is so good - he never does athlete interviews) The reason I posted this thread and then said what Luck said is because all I (and I think I can say we) care about is what his answer was going to be when Rome asked about coming out.........He sounded open to it, which is what I wanted to hear.

2011...First Overall can get upwards of $80mil + contract

2012...First Overall would be drastically less...Mort before the Draft in 2010 said contracts for the first overall spot could go down to $30-40 mill per 6-8 year contract or even lower...if there is a cap voted on before or after the next CBA!

You decide!

Do you think the Buffalo Bills are going to pay Andrew Luck 80 million dollars?