Call of Duty: Black Ops

Wooderson

For those who have enjoyed the Call of Duty series, Black Ops hits stores on Tuesday November 9th. I heard a rumor that Zombies will be making it's return in this version. Here's a pretty cool trailer for the game, featuring some celebrities.

For those on Xbox, my gamertag is- ahovfreak.

Site: http://www.callofduty.com/hub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pblj3JHF-Jo

Just an FYI, the original creators of COD were fired, and it was an entirely new design team that created this game. Just something I though I would add.

I'm still going to buy the game the day it comes out.

The heads of infinity ward were fired. (COD4 and MW2). Treyarch made this game and WAW.

They take turns making every other game to give them a two year work cycle.

IMO treyarch is a lot better at making maps and providing support after the game comes out. IW made 3 dlc packs for their last 2 games combined. Treyarch made 3 for WAW alone. And those were all new maps (unlike MW2 which used rehashed maps from COD4), and included new maps and content for zombies each time.

Getting mine tonight after work, HuuugeBills for anyone on PS3. :thumbsup:

Pre-ordered from Amazon with free release day delivery and $20 credit! Looks sweet-PS3: saturk

I feel like I've come across that name before at some point... or did you use it here as a username?

Anyway, I pre-ordered mine from best buy last week. I might have to wait until wednesday to pick it up though. At least that way it'll be one day longer until I have no life at all.

shrader5 on PS3. I might actually look to add any PS3 people from here. A few Buffalo people in the game would be a good thing.

Edited by shrader

I feel like I've come across that name before at some point... or did you use it here as a username?

Anyway, I pre-ordered mine from best buy last week. I might have to wait until wednesday to pick it up though. At least that way it'll be one day longer until I have no life at all.

shrader5 on PS3. I might actually look to add any PS3 people from here. A few Buffalo people in the game would be a good thing.

Don't know if I've ever used that tag on these boards but I've had "saturk" since I've owned my PS3. Maybe you kicked my ass on MW2? lol! Add me

Don't know if I've ever used that tag on these boards but I've had "saturk" since I've owned my PS3. Maybe you kicked my ass on MW2? lol! Add me

I was awful at that game, so I doubt it. I enjoyed the team based stuff though, so I'll keep coming back for more deaths.

only got to play MP for about 10 minutes since i got booted off of the TV so my kid could watch her "shows" lol! But so far so good. Definitely plays more like World at War so it's taking me, at least, more time to get used to it. Visually, really nice and the audio is impressive-seems much more realistic. Only played a few boards and they seem huge and maze-like. More to come...

To all the folks that have it, please post a review so I know whether I should bother picking it up tomorrow

It's a Call of Duty game. If the sound of that appeals to you then you can't go wrong.

Spoilers:

Plus its got JFK, Nixon, and Castro fighting zombies. How the hell can you go wrong with that?

I like it so far. I have no idea what to unlock though.

Yea same here. I like the idea of needing dollar amounts to unlock the perks/weapon attachments that you want, it's a cool concept. I'm still getting used to the multiplayer, but the solo campaign is really cool so far.

Alright, 2 days in and here are my thought on the MP so far:

The maps are HUGE, definitely going to take some time to learn the best routes, and best spots.

Killstreaks don't add on to one another. A predator missile used to guarantee a harrier strike. Now only kills by your gun/ equipment count towards your killstreak. This is good and bad. Good because you're not getting killed by 3 chopper gunners every match, but bad because you will be getting killed by 3 RC cars every match. The enemy team will also have a spy plane up more most of the match, so Ghost is a good perk to use in slot 1.

Grenades and noobtoobs have a much smaller radius than in MW2, so they aren't as big of a problem (also no danger close).

The currency system is a little weird to me. I have no idea which guns are good (most haven't been in a COD game before.). But you can't try them before you buy them. So you have to spend 2000 on a gun, and 1000 for any attachment. Pretty expensive early on. And if the gun sucks, you're SOL, that money is gone.

The knife distance is pretty ridiculous IMO. It seems to be about a half commando, and as always whoever is host has a clear advantage. Pretty annoying.

The dogs are back and WAY more annoying. They kill you in one hit (bite on the ankle = death?), yet they can take three blasts from my spas without dying...

Speaking of the spas, the shotguns are back to their WAW uselessness. Example, yesterday I'm playing domination. Some guy is trying to cap the b flag, from roughly 4-5 feet away I hit him with a blast dead center... hit marker. Get used to hit markers if you want to use a shotgun, they are plentiful.

The snipers are pretty bad (awful actually). To prevent the quickscopes from MW2, now when you zoom in, the reticule zooms in on a random spot. You have to adjust every single shot a lot more than before. Either you hardscope, or you don't snipe.

The wager matches are fun, but I hate the fact that have to put up money before you know if you're on a good connection. Last night I start a match, they take my money, and I'm on a one bar...

Overall, if you like COD you'll like this. But it does have it's problems.

Edited by Huuuge Bills