What do u consider a winning season

What do u consider a winning season? I ask this question because it refers to Merriman! Personally, if u don't get to the bowl and win your season is a wash! I don't care if you're above 500, 11-5, whatever! If u don't get that chip, it just seems like a wash to me! Especially, If that is your goal as an individual and a team! That means you failed!

So in looking at SM, and wondering what his views are, I hope he stays beyond this season! Sure the chargers are in the playoffs every year, but every year the loose! So yes, in my opionion, your season was a wash!

I'm hoping he stays and becomes a part of our rebuilding process! Cause the bills will be back and better than ever! I truly believe that! So although he has been on a team that has been in the playoffs every year, they never won the chip! And although we haven't sniffed the playoffs in 10 years, on that same token we haven't gotten the chip either!

So hopefully he will take that view and stay next season! And when we get in, WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!

Take it light on me people! This is my second post, but pls tell me your views!

What do u consider a winning season? I ask this question because it refers to Merriman! Personally, if u don't get to the bowl and win your season is a wash! I don't care if you're above 500, 11-5, whatever! If u don't get that chip, it just seems like a wash to me! Especially, If that is your goal as an individual and a team! That means you failed!

So in looking at SM, and wondering what his views are, I hope he stays beyond this season! Sure the chargers are in the playoffs every year, but every year the loose! So yes, in my opionion, your season was a wash!

I'm hoping he stays and becomes a part of our rebuilding process! Cause the bills will be back and better than ever! I truly believe that! So although he has been on a team that has been in the playoffs every year, they never won the chip! And although we haven't sniffed the playoffs in 10 years, on that same token we haven't gotten the chip either!

So hopefully he will take that view and stay next season! And when we get in, WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!

Not this season for sure.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder! With your definition of winning, it must make it hard to get through the day. What do you call a winning day, a winning career, a winning family, etc.??

The OP gives us 1 Winner and 31 "washed out" losers. It makes little sense. If the only way to win is to be "King of the Hill" than failure is something we all ought to learn to enjoy. Sure, everyone wants to win the Superbowl, but if that's the only Win that matters, most of us don't even get in the game.

This season our championship is an 0-16 season. Lets be honest, the way we draft, the coaches we hire, the scouts we dont fire, the extension of kelsay.... we DESERVE to go 0-16 as punishment for a decade of incredibly moronic decisions.

The benifit to that is if Andrew Luck declares we will have one of the best QBs in the league for 15 years. That is as big IF though, bc as how our history has shown, we will likely not draft Luck because he is the obvious best player and will take some guy who stinks. We will have our opportunity to right our wrongs though, which hopefully could turn this sad ship around.

Heres to 0-16 :beer:

Is Philly starting to rub off on you?

In a 16 game season a winning season is 9-7 as a minimum.

This year it will be sweet when we end up with a better record than Dallas!!!

Real sweet...we get "bragging rights" and they get Andrew Luck. I hope not.

To answer OP...a winning season is at least 9 MORAL victories...we just need 7 more! :wallbash:

Edited by machinegun12

I consider a winning season to be 9-7-0 or better. A ".500" season is 8-8-0. A losing season is 7-9-0 or worse. I know this one of your first posts, but I certainly hope your questions become a little more challenging in the future. :w00t::doh:

And in the "for what it's worth department"...as a Bills fan of over 40 years now, my "hopes" if you will, of the Buffalo Bills each year from UFA signing day March 1st and forward, is for them to WIN THE SUPER BOWL. After that, anything less I really don't "consider" at all. I just enjoy watching the Bills win as many games as they can, whether it be 15 or 16 during their SB appearance years, or as few as 2 in the mid-80's or possibly less then that this season. After watching this team for so many years, I could care less about categorizing non-SB winning seasons as anything either good or bad.