Inventions

haus

Hey guys. I just posted this in the Bills message board by accident and tried to erase, my apologies. Anyways, Just wondering if any of you all had experience in what steps to take if you had an idea but no money to get things started. I have a few nice ideas but not quite sure how to advance them. A patent would be nice but then again I am barely sliding by with my curent monthly bills. Appreciate your input.

Since there are over 6 million patents, a lot of research is necessary. Also you can't just write one yourself. You do need a patent attorney to word it so that it won't get rejected if it is actually novel.

If it gets challenged and your notes have the word "obvious" or obviously" in them, that's the kiss of death. You can't patent the obvious. When I was in biotech, they drilled that into our heads .

Hey guys. I just posted this in the Bills message board by accident and tried to erase, my apologies. Anyways, Just wondering if any of you all had experience in what steps to take if you had an idea but no money to get things started. I have a few nice ideas but not quite sure how to advance them. A patent would be nice but then again I am barely sliding by with my curent monthly bills. Appreciate your input.

Patents are both expensive and time consuming. Click below (or copy and paste into your browser if the link isn't working), might give you some ideas for getting stimulus money. A friend of mine's sister got like 5K to start a candle company, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and her candles are ugly, if she got money it can't be that difficult. Good Luck.

http://www.governmentgrants.com/business-grants/business-start-up-grants