Maybin and Gholston

Im convinced both these guys should give up the charade of being pro football players and go open a Ballys Fitness Center somewhere.

BTW, congrats on finding out what a terrific QB Fitz is.

I am convinced he is the real deal.

One of my work buddies, an avid Bills fan, is not convinced Fitz is the answer at QB.

He is hoping Bills take Mallet.

My comment to him is the my NYJ would still be 5-1 or maybe 6-0 if they had Fitz.

Looks to me like you had a franchise QB already on the roster and Chan was smart enough to see it and dump Edwards.

This should free the Bills to pursue a top defensive pick in next years draft.

If Chan can build a defense Buff will be competetive much sooner than most people think.

I am an old AFL fan and actually prefer when the Bills, Raiders and Jets play well. (as long as NYJ win our matchups)

Best of luck going foward.

Long Island Phil

Edited by Long Island Phil

Im convinced both these guys should give up the charade of being pro football players and go open a Ballys Fitness Center somewhere.

One of my work buddies, an avid Bills fan, is not convinced Fitz is the answer at QB.

My comment to him is the my NYJ would still be 5-1 or maybe 6-0 if they had Fitz.

Looks to me like you had a franchise QB already on the roster and Chan was smart enough to see it and dump Edwards.

If Chan can build a defense Buff will be competetive much sooner than most people think.

I am an old AFL fan and actually prefer when the Bills, Raiders and Jets play well. (as long as NYJ win our matchups)

Long Island Phil

The only problem is, Gholston is proving that he is a serviceable player on a top 5 defense in the league. If he were on our team, he'd probably start.

Also, if the Gholston situation says anything, perhaps there still is hope?

The only problem is, Gholston is proving that he is a serviceable player on a top 5 defense in the league. If he were on our team, he'd probably start.

Also, if the Gholston situation says anything, perhaps there still is hope?

I know the words Gholston and seviceable player are currently being used in the same sentence by some people right now but trust me when I say he is a total bust. I have watched every second of playing time this waste has gotten since he was drafted. He has no pro game at all. He has an ineffective bull rush and nothing else. When that doesnt work he just quits. I say he is a bigger bust than Maybin based on being picked 6th vs 11th. You say he might start for the Bills and that might be true, but believe me he would still stink.

Yes clearly that is what maybin is going to do - retire tomorrow and forfeit tons of money and open a gym.

Yeah thats right, a gym, pictures of them by the door all muscled up, no wait, what?, you actually thought i was seriously ..............oh never mind now you've confused me.

I, for one, can appreciate where Phil is coming from. Gholston, based on the games I have watched this season, is at the Maybin level of bust. The only place that we can place hope in Maybin is the oft-mentioned fact that he would be a senior this year if he hadn't come out. It seems that they both are superior athletes with inferior football sense. As a former college player, I can say that I have seen enough of these types around to know that it isn't as though a switch is about to come on and these guys will suddenly understand all they lack and be able to put that comprehension into play. Miracles do happen, but I expect the disappearance of both these players to occur once their current contracts expire. CFL anyone?

Yes clearly that is what maybin is going to do - retire tomorrow and forfeit tons of money and open a gym.

Clearly he could. His contract was $15 million up front, he already has. Only $400,000 this year for a salary. There is not that much to forfeit. Also explains why the Bills keep him. No salary to clear if he sticks around

Long Island Phil

As always, you are simply one class act! :thumbsup:

The thing is, Maybin is bad beyond my comprehension. We have serious, major problems at LB and this kid can't even get on the field. I will grant you that Gholston is a shipwreck, and would be even worse if not surrounded by very talented players.

As for Fitz, he is pretty good. I am thinking that Mallett might have hall of fame talent and would be hard to pass on, unless you are Dick Jauron and see a small defensive back on the horizon. :)

I am thinking that Mallett might have hall of fame talent and would be hard to pass on

:o

Wow, Bill...what exactly has this guy done that you feel this way about him? I just don't get it. He's a big, skinny kid with a strong arm. But what big game has he ever won? How many times has he taken his team on his shoulders and gutted out a big win? What exactly does he have in terms of football ability that surpasses what a dope like Ryan Leaf had? Some of you guys see an NFL caliber QB...but all I see is the love child of Forrest Gump and Lurch.