Stupid Maybin Question?

Here's a crazier thought provoking even more derision: Maybe something will click in this 22 year old kid and he'll realize his NFL future depends on him growing a pair and doing something different. Maybe he'll show SOMETHING someday.

Maybe. Maybinot.

THE BILLS TRIED, HE CHOSE MIAMI INSTEAD

Well to be a TE, the most important skill he will need to have is just a small one I guess, its called BEING ABLE TO CATCH THE BALL

No one knows if he can do this at all, so lets hold off on thinking he's an option at TE just because he might look physically like one

Dude, money talks. You're telling me that a CFL player is going to choose less money to play in Miami, when he could get more AND make his offseason home Miami anyways?

How can you blame Buffalo for not signing Wake? He probably chose to play in Miami instead of Buffalo. Not exactly a hard choice to make. If I remember correctly they did bring him in for a visit.

Nothing changes the scenery like a whole bunch of green ($$).

Buffalo's problem is that they like to play hardball with free agents when nobody in their right mind wants to play for the Bills.

Sure, Miami offers more distractions. Why couldn't he live there in the offseason, like most members from the 'U' do?

Naw, the Bills did not make a serious, competitive offer or else we'd have him.

And in all fairness, he was a gamble. He was a CFL phenom who actually has translated well to the NFL. I can't necessarily blame the Bills for not throwing the bank at him.

But then again...why did we throw the mint at Maybin? :devil:

Dude, money talks. You're telling me that a CFL player is going to choose less money to play in Miami, when he could get more AND make his offseason home Miami anyways?

Nothing changes the scenery like a whole bunch of green ($$).

Buffalo's problem is that they like to play hardball with free agents when nobody in their right mind wants to play for the Bills.

Sure, Miami offers more distractions. Why couldn't he live there in the offseason, like most members from the 'U' do?

Naw, the Bills did not make a serious, competitive offer or else we'd have him.

And in all fairness, he was a gamble. He was a CFL phenom who actually has translated well to the NFL. I can't necessarily blame the Bills for not throwing the bank at him.

But then again...why did we throw the mint at Maybin? :devil:

Not everyone feels that way when you are going to be making pro sports money. How do we know that Buffalo didn't offer him more money?

If you weren't from Buffalo (if you are) or a fan of a Buffalo sports team, what would you pick? Less money to play for a Miami team thats on the rise, just off a playoff season, and get to play and live in Florida, or get to play in Buffalo for Dick Jauron and the struggling Bills?

you are blaming the Bills for not going crazy and throwing the bank at a CFL player who may or may not transition over to the NFL

Here's a crazier thought provoking even more derision: Maybe something will click in this 22 year old kid and he'll realize his NFL future depends on him growing a pair and doing something different. Maybe he'll show SOMETHING someday.

It's not about desire, its about not being good at football...no matter how hard he tries, he's still going to suck.

Two problems. There is no evidence whatsoever that Maybin can block, run routes, catch a football, or anything else a TE is asked to do every play. Heck, he's not even good enough to run down the field on a kick-off for that matter. Second, it's not clear that the Bills organization even knows what the position of TE is nor why it might be a good idea to have one of them on the roster.

Nothing wrong with shooting imaginary bullets at illusional targets though. :)

Not everyone feels that way when you are going to be making pro sports money. How do we know that Buffalo didn't offer him more money?

If you weren't from Buffalo (if you are) or a fan of a Buffalo sports team, what would you pick? Less money to play for a Miami team thats on the rise, just off a playoff season, and get to play and live in Florida, or get to play in Buffalo for Dick Jauron and the struggling Bills?

you are blaming the Bills for not going crazy and throwing the bank at a CFL player who may or may not transition over to the NFL

Also of note - 3-4 olb versus a hand on the ground lineman. Might have effected his choice.

The Maybin pick is just another example in a long line of colossal busts in Tom Modrak's tenure with the Bills. I don't care if Jauron pushed for him, when you've got Orakpo and Oher on the board, you go with a proven.

I was speaking to a friend of mine down here in DC who just so happens to be a Redskins fan (go figure), and we got to talking about it. He watches more college football than I do, and asked me what were the Bills thinking by drafting Maybin? Nobody heard of him coming out of college, but everybody knew Orakpo.

I had no answer, because there is no answer besides pure stupidity.

Like drafting Whitner instead of Ngata.

Not beating Miami for the services of DE Cameron Wake.

Letting Pat Williams, London Fletcher, and Antoine Winfield walk...

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: please dont say those names i dont know how much more my head can take everytime i hear them and bang my head against the wall how did we end up with maybin they must have thrown a dart at the draft board and drafted whoever the dart hit