Pass Blocking Looked Good

Put it on another thread, but during the bye week I think the coaches worked with the o-linemen to keep their feet moving and give up more ground to stay in front of their assignment. In past games, seems like O-linemen stopped moving after they engaged their blocks and the pocket was wide and close to the line of scrimmage. Yesterday the pocket was narrower and the tackles dropped way off the line of scrimmage but didn't let their guy get by them. The o-line definitely seemed more mobile with their pass protection to me.

Competent QB play will make the line better.

Gumby's rule of thumb: Quarterbacking makes the line. The line does not make the quarterback.

Wow, Gumby's got two posts and already a rule of thumb. Nonetheless there is some truth to it. Good QB's make a line better but you still have to say our tackles kept some pretty fierce DE's and LB's off of Fitz. They line is much bett4er w/o Green. I've been saying all along, don't lose with veterans and folks who are not part of the plan. Play the kids and so far, they are developing.