week 7 NFL TV maps

FluffHead

It looks like Albany has the next 2 Bills games. After that it will be tougher to get Bills games in Albany. Here's how the November & beyond schedule looks for Albany tv:

Nov 7th-No way, Jets are at Detroit the same time.

Nov 14th-Decent chance. Game would be on Fox & they have the doubleheader. The only game they could put on instead is Minnesota @ Chicago.

Nov 21st-No way, Houston is @ Jets.

Nov 28th-No way, Jacksonville is @ Giants.

Dec 5th-Decent chance, unless the Bills are so bad Ch 6 wants to show the 4:05 Oak @ SD game to avoid direct competition with the Giants. Have to hope the favre hype puts us over the top.

Dec 12th-? NE is @ Chicago the same time & the Bills/Cleveland game may only be showed in Cleveland.

Dec 19th-Looks good, all competition is from other geographic area. Still have to overcome the network's urge to show Peyton Manning instead of the Bills @ Miami.

Dec 26th-No way, Jets @ Chicago same time-only hope is if the game gets flexed (The Jets, not the Bills silly)

Jan 2nd-Definite, @ Jets.

I couldnt really tell on my iPhone but is the bills game going to shown on the west coast... Especially wondering about Las Vegas.... If somebody would be so kind to tell me that.

On regular TV, no. But in Vegas, you can go to a sports book and watch any game you want.

Wouldn't all the Jets fans in Albany and nearby Patriots want to see their only other AFCE competition Miami Dolphins play?

No. Especially considering the Jets fans will be watching the Jets on Fox the same time the Bills are playing.

The Jets have top priority & the Bills 2nd priority in this market. When there isn't a conflict with the Jets, we usually get the Bills.

I already looked at the extended listings on WRGB's website so I know what they're showing through next week's games.

Slight Subject Change: How is the viewership of the SU Orangemen in Albany? Big win yesterday!

Oh, wait! Doesn't WRGB broadcast well into New England? Do the fans there really want to see Buffalo?

I don't have a clue about Syracuse's following. I know one guy who is a big Syracuse fan, but that's it.

The next 2 weeks, CBS has the doubleheader today & NE will be the 4:15 game, next week NE is on Fox at 4:15.

For whatever reason, probably because the state via SUNY & state employers has transplanted more people from WNY, the Bills are a lot more popular here than the Patriots. Ch 6 slants their programming more to the Albany area than Western Mass. The Bills, Jets, & of course, Giants are on the radio here. It's been about 20 years since the Patriot games have been on the radio here. If there were enough Patriot fans, the Patriots would be on. There aren't & they're not.

The last time the Bills played NE, the Giants were on CBS & Albany didn't have the game.

So far this season, I haven't had to go to a bar yet because I went to the NE game & all other road games have been on home TV through the KC game next week.

Well, the SU Orangemen win over #20 West Virginia yesterday is being savored by all football fans here in Syracuse. Feels great!

They have SU fans in Binghamton, Rochester & Buffalo. I never understood why there's so few in Albany.

It probably has something to do with the proximity to New York City. I can go to professional sports pretty easily from here. Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Nets (before the Newark move), Jets, Giants, and 3 hockey teams. (I can even go to Boston for more if NYC isn't enough) The closer you get to NYC, the more professional sports trumps college sports. I grew up in the NY metro area & I don't think I ever watched a college game in high school. I had too many pro teams around to care about college sports. There is no major college football team around NYC. Rutgers & Hofstra are about the only ones I can even think of, hardly big time programs. The Ivy league schools don't draw a lot of attention from a casual fan.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

That's what's so good about living here in Syracuse.

Not only do we have SU Orangemen football but we have SU Orangemen all sports. Basketball, lacrosse, etc.

Then, drive west to Orchard Park to see a professional football team.

I don't know if there's many Buffalo Sabres fans here, though.