Places to watch the game in Vancouver?

Rubes

Tried this in the other forum, but not much action there.

I'm going to be in Vancouver this weekend on business, so just wondering if there happens to be a collection of Bills fans there who get together to watch the game. I'll be staying downtown near the convention center, so any ideas would be appreciated!

Feel free to respond here or PM me.

Edited by Rubes

hmm, a bunch of drunk doctors spending the night at the ballet, starting again at 10 am to watch football..recipe for trouble if I ever heard of one :thumbsup:

Wish I could help, only spent one weekend in Vancouver, and that was with kiddies. Whistler?? i might have some ideas on sports bars at least.

hmm, a bunch of drunk doctors spending the night at the ballet, starting again at 10 am to watch football..recipe for trouble if I ever heard of one :thumbsup:

Wish I could help, only spent one weekend in Vancouver, and that was with kiddies. Whistler?? i might have some ideas on sports bars at least.

You know it, man. Wish there would be more partying than expected, but you never know. I'm not even sure how much I can get away for the game. Who knows, by the time I get out it will probably be the end of the first quarter with the game already decided. :wallbash:

Thanks for the suggestions, BB...

You're going to BC and you really want to spend 3+ hrs watching the Bills? Man, I dont get that at all. I'd rather spend the day in the RCMP museum than watch this mess of a team. PLEASE find something (ANYTHING) else to do. Pulling crab grass is better. Doing my neighbors fat wife would be better. I simply cant think of a better way to totally blow 3+ hrs of my life. I dont care if they win by 21 points. The season is gone and rooting for this abortion of a team cannot be anyone's idea of time well spent. Think it over bro. As they say in the Indian Jones movie..."You have chosen...poorly."

Rubes - BTW - I highly recommend this place for eats Chambar They pair Belgian food with Belgian beer. It's a pefect place to go with three or four others as they will split bottles of beer for tasting and much of the menu is offered as small plates so you can share. There are many other outstanding choices.

Edited by BuffaloBill

I will say this year is definitely a different year in terms of making the effort to watch the team. I probably can't anyway given business obligations, but if there was a strong, committed group that gathered every week at a nearby place, I'd still consider it -- getting together with Bills fans from different places is more fun and worthwhile than the game itself anyway.

Though I will say my first night here was pretty damn good. Went to a small Japanese restaurant called Guu. Unfreakingbelievable, and cheaper than anything you can get in the states.