Anyone else enjoying today?

DarthICE

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I enjoy every day, but - truth be told - I'd rather be watching a Bills game on Sundays.

I agree, I prefer having the Bills play, but with that being said the rest of the games were probably easier to enjoy this past Sunday.

First day in weeks on a sunday I am not stressed, pissed and able to watch some really good, competitive football. Come on guys, I know I am not the only one feeling this way

Although I have become used to it, expecting the Bills to be the pathetic excuse for an NFL Franchise that they have become, thanks to our worthless owner, I did enjoy football more this weekend compared to when the Bills are playing. I didn't curse out loud or under my breath once all day, didn't flip the bird at the TV, or have a sore neck from shaking my head. But it all starts all over again next sunday when they play one of the NFL's top teams, who will be upset after an overtime loss, and wipe up the turf with the Bills. Gonna be ugly, but then again, aren't they all? So they have set a team record with 4 consecutive games giving up at least 30 points, what is the NFL record? We might hold that before it is all said and done too.

From 1961 through 1977, the NFL schedule consisted of fourteen regular season games played over fourteen weeks. Opening weekend typically was the weekend after Labor Day, or even two weekends after Labor Day. Teams played six, or even seven exhibition games. In 1978, the league changed the schedule to include sixteen regular season games and four exhibition games. From 1978-1989, the sixteen games were played over sixteen weeks.

In 1990, the NFL introduced a bye week to the schedule.

The "bye" in 1963 probably had something to do with assassination of Kennedy on November 22.

From 1961 through 1977, the NFL schedule consisted of fourteen regular season games played over fourteen weeks. Opening weekend typically was the weekend after Labor Day, or even two weekends after Labor Day. Teams played six, or even seven exhibition games. In 1978, the league changed the schedule to include sixteen regular season games and four exhibition games. From 1978-1989, the sixteen games were played over sixteen weeks.

In 1990, the NFL introduced a bye week to the schedule.

The "bye" in 1963 probably had something to do with assassination of Kennedy on November 22.

If I am not mistaken, there was at least one season (1993) where each team had 2 bye weeks, really trying to stretch the season to make more $$$. As far as 1963, the AFL did suspend one week becuase of the Kennedy assasination, but the NFL went ahead and played that weekend. They were still two totally different leagues back then.

Edited by billsfreak

First day in weeks on a sunday I am not stressed, pissed and able to watch some really good, competitive football. Come on guys, I know I am not the only one feeling this way

I have actually passed up chances to watch the bills play the last few weeks. If they aren't into it, I'm not pyssing away my sunday afternoons to watch them. I'm working out at the gym watching whatever games are on and doing yardwork and cleaning up stuff.

If they Bills aren't into it..I'm not all that into it.