Lost in all the comotion

The Guy

I hope the chemistry you speak of doesn't balloon Stevie's stats too much. I can see it now, he ends up with 50 catches and 8TDs and we offer him (a 3rd or 4th WR on a lot teams) a 5yr 25mil extension. I know most people don't want to hear this, but he is the ultimate garabge time "stat-collector." He drops balls early, and makes catches late when defenses are playing a soft prevent. A real test of the new FO will be to see how they treat his inflated stats when they go about re-signing him.

I am not a huge fan of Johnson like some others here but I do think he has shown some potential. The drop on the goal line on the pass thrown behind him by Fitz was maddening - he should have had that - but the TD catch he made later in that drive was very impressive. This was not garbage time - they were still in it.

Johnson is young and makes some stupid mistakes, but he has some potential for sure. I just want to see him playing a little more level-headed. He doesn't need to cost his team with stupid penalties, and he should act like a pro.

Nelson I feel has a lot of potential. The Bills are lucky to have scooped him up from what I've seen of him.

I agree. I think Johnson has a bit of swagger about him. He plays with a chip on his shoulder which I like but he does make some stupid mistakes. Good coaching should take care of that. I have seen him drop some easy balls but then I have seen him make impressive catches. If Nelson can translate to regular season production out of what I have seen so far we might have a real talent emerging here. The great part about having a team as bad as we have is the ability to see it getting built from scratch. As a 26 year old fan I was young for the Superbowl years. I almost feel like this is my right of passage, to endure this rebuilding process lol.

We have another reciever who looked pretty good before the season began, and who might have been number 2 - and whose body type would've made for a perfect 1 reciever, moving Evans to the slot and keeping Steve at 2 spot. Evans at slot? Hey, wouldn't we take Welker's production out of him? I think he'd do better in that kind of role. Anyway, I was talking about Easley. Easley, Nelson, Evans, and Johnson. That could be a good recieving corps.

And then you multiply whatever production we've seen out these guys in the past and you assume we could get twice that with a very good QB. Yeah, that is why I say get a QB in round 1, get a couple F.A. O-linemen to fix our line, and go from there.