PLEASE come out Andrew Luck

Mallett does that just about every week.

Did Luck - down by 14 with just under 3 minutes to play - throw a horrible pass on first down at the Oregon 11 yd line, and the Ducks INT and subsequent TD-drive kill any hopes of the Cardinal coming back to tie in the last 2 minutes?

Maybe you call it 'greatness' - but that's a choke, in my book.

I didn't call it "greatness."

Luck this, Luck that...maybe he'll be great, maybe he won't, but you know what, even though it's apparent that the majority here don't want to hear it......we need to have a look at, ready for this; Brian Brohm first of all. The kid deserves the chance, almost certainly will get it, and just might surprise.

You're right - didn't mean to put words in your mouth. All you said was that he threw for a bunch of yards against a ranked team. All I said was, big deal - with the game on the line and the ball on the Oregon 11, he choked.

341 yards on the road against a ranked team is more than "a bunch of yards." So he threw an int at the 4th quarter- big deal- he did more than enough to win the game if his defense could've stopped Oregon.

341 yards on the road against a ranked team is more than "a bunch of yards." So he threw an int at the 4th quarter- big deal- he did more than enough to win the game if his defense could've stopped Oregon.

Good point. Fitz did more than enough to beat New England, the Jets, and Jacksonville - if only our defense could have stopped them. So I guess we're all set at QB.

Good point. Fitz did more than enough to beat New England, the Jets, and Jacksonville - if only our defense could have stopped them. So I guess we're all set at QB.

Whatever, dude. Just responding to your ludicrous argument that Luck is a "choker" based on one throw.

I agree that it's too early to make definitive statements about Andrew Luck, but in addition to the arm, poise, decision-making etc., he plays with a good deal of controlled fire. Set forth below is a link from last night's Stanford win over USC where he decleats a defender after a Stanford fumble.

The Rams didn't really secure both sides of the ball and find success with Trent Green, a veteran pickup. They were terrible with their free agent retread and almost imploded until they scored huge finding an NFL rookie to turn things around.

We should want to find the Kurt Warner franchise qb rooke sensation, not some retread. That strategy rarely works.

I mean, what quality veteran do you want? Matt Hasselbeck? Groan.

Where did I say the Rams secured both side of the ball? My Rams point was getting a vet QB that can play the scheme of the OC (reading is fun-da-men-tal).

Not sure what rookie your talking about...but they picked up M. Faulk, Zimmerman,T. Green and K. warner in one off-season before this they were as bumbling as our home-team.You ask what vet QB, hell who knew of T. Green or M. Hasselbeck before their previous QB coaches/ OC got the chance to HC. My point is just because your a good college player does not mean you'll have success in the NFL, too many examples to list. You guys here amaze me with the unknown unproven rookie/player being better than players that have already adjusted to the league...If OBD is gonna go the prize rookie QB route, they better well be ready to pony up the coin for some quality vet lineman and btw the league is moving away from the stationary QB (blitz pkg expose them all too well). This rookie better be able to move his feet & keep focused down field or he'll be shell-shocked like so many others.

While Luck may look good, Nix stated that the Bills will be looking to draft players with a lengthy collegiate resume. QBs are especially prone to ups and downs in college, so the longer the resume and body of work the better your chances are of finding consistency. I would be opposed to drafting any QB in the 1st round, simply due to the fact that the likelihood of drafting a QB who can be successful at the NFL level with such a high investment such as a top 5 pick (which I'm sure we'll have) should be spent on the O-line, unless Bell really develops and demonstrates his ability to be a high quality LT. Again, look at the Dolphins a few years ago, Jake Long, the Browns with the third overall pick, Joe Thomas, both guys have gone to the Pro Bowl, and Thomas has gone a couple times. Detroit took a QB, and they can't keep him healthy due to protection issues, and with Bradford, we're only four games in and while he looks good in some respects the Rams also spent their last several high draft picks on offensive and defensive linemen. In 2005 it was an OT, 2007 and 2008 it was two DT, and then in 2009 it was their LT, THEN they picked their QB. I'm certainly not saying that the Rams are the franchise by which we should model ourselves, but if they are able to finally turn things around it will be a five year plan of using most of their high draft choices on the trenches, even this year in the 2nd round they took an O-lineman.

Point is that this franchise NEEDS a long-term answer to QB but this league is riddled with QBs who have been successful and not taken in the 1st round. I'm NOT saying that we shouldn't spend a high draft choice on a QB such as in the 2nd round, but I also think that you may find a great QB anywhere in the draft and that you just have to realize that this team NEEDS nearly everything and it is a TEAM game, so I am also ok with being patient and seeing in the next 2 drafts where the best QB can come from assuming we're drafting offensive line, defensive line, and LBs and using the FA pick ups for things like TE and WR. Hate to say it, but another successful franchise has done just that, the Patsies. Anyways, right now, there's NO QB that has me salivating at the thought of throwing in the Red, White, and Blue.

Just as a supplement to this post some of the QBs that were NOT taken in the 1st round and are starting (some doing well, and some not) are the following: Tom Brady, Chad Henne, Joe Flacco, Jake Delhome, Matt Schaub, David Garrard, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel, Tony Romo, Kevin Kolb, Aaron Rogers, Brett Favre, Jimmy Clausen, Drew Brees, Matt Hasselbeck, and (for this week) Max Hall for the Cardinals. There are some pretty good players in this bunch, you may want to pay attention to these!

I agree with you totally but these guys were picked in round 1.