Ralph Wilson

I know Buddy Nix recently coined this phrase after he was hired and In his talking with the media about rebuilding the Bills he stated something like " I don't want to hear about the labor pains, just show me the baby"

I'm thinking he stole that line from Ralph Wilson who has been saying that to his Buffalo Bills treasurer & CFO Jeffery Littmann for decades, just show me the money...err baby!

You simply can't ignore the fact that this owner has tried to do everything he can to save money in the entire history of the team. While he did pay for big marque players like OJ, Kelly, Smith...but then players like Jason Peters and Pat Williams were undrafted and therefore didn't seem worth of such a high pay increase so they were moved along. The team paid big bucks to Langston walker and Derrick Dockery for the O line and kept them when they played 1/2 way decently, the O line coach changed and their performance fell and they were released. Every move the team makes seems to be about saving money and keeping costs down, unless the player is a fan favorite or owner favorite.

You need to take into consideration that although the Bills have been mediocre the last decade winning wise, they have made the owner a bunch of money and sold countless amounts of jerseys and merchandise. Every year the games are sold out and the stadium filled with glossy eyed fans thinking this could be the season they go back to the SB.

So tell me, what real incentive does this man have to pay for a big name coach? Never mind the fact that a proven winning head coach could easily turn this team into a winner like Chuck Knox did, but because it would also cause all the players to be suddenly recognized as good and they all would want more money, thus it is far easier and cheaper to keep the team on the verge of being good as long as the fans keep coming. P.T. Barnum used to say, ""there's a sucker born every minute""

Wanna make a difference and create some real change, stop buying merchandise, stop buying tickets. Stop supporting mediocre!

I think the merchandise sales must be flagging. Bills gear is definitely not prevalent in public in the rochester area at least.

But to your point, I think people need to consider that NFL owners are a fraternity. They compete on the field, but they also compete on the ledger. I think Ralph wants to win, but I think sometimes the bottom line is an alluring consolation prize that sometimes gets in the way of building. The Bills seem to have taken the "we can finish 4th without so and so" a bit too far the past 5-6 years.

I know Buddy Nix recently coined this phrase after he was hired and In his talking with the media about rebuilding the Bills he stated something like " I don't want to hear about the labor pains, just show me the baby"

I'm thinking he stole that line from Ralph Wilson who has been saying that to his Buffalo Bills treasurer & CFO Jeffery Littmann for decades, just show me the money...err baby!

You simply can't ignore the fact that this owner has tried to do everything he can to save money in the entire history of the team. While he did pay for big marque players like OJ, Kelly, Smith...but then players like Jason Peters and Pat Williams were undrafted and therefore didn't seem worth of such a high pay increase so they were moved along. The team paid big bucks to Langston walker and Derrick Dockery for the O line and kept them when they played 1/2 way decently, the O line coach changed and their performance fell and they were released. Every move the team makes seems to be about saving money and keeping costs down, unless the player is a fan favorite or owner favorite.

You need to take into consideration that although the Bills have been mediocre the last decade winning wise, they have made the owner a bunch of money and sold countless amounts of jerseys and merchandise. Every year the games are sold out and the stadium filled with glossy eyed fans thinking this could be the season they go back to the SB.

So tell me, what real incentive does this man have to pay for a big name coach? Never mind the fact that a proven winning head coach could easily turn this team into a winner like Chuck Knox did, but because it would also cause all the players to be suddenly recognized as good and they all would want more money, thus it is far easier and cheaper to keep the team on the verge of being good as long as the fans keep coming. P.T. Barnum used to say, ""there's a sucker born every minute""

Wanna make a difference and create some real change, stop buying merchandise, stop buying tickets. Stop supporting mediocre!

as a very young boy i learned that you NEVER tell a man what to do with his money or time - you should have known this

You know what? If Ralph thinks like this board, then we will never get better. Because none of us can stand the rebuilding process for more than 5 minutes before we have to fire everyone. So Harvey can spot the incompetence 3 games in? Well wowie zowie, ain't he special! I bet no one else got that sense losing by 20+ points. Yessiree, Bob, can't pass this dog poop past you, can we? I mean Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey must be blithering idiots if they can't see it.

PTR

They are, in their current positions

Buddy Nix might be the very best college scout in America, and bring in some great talent if given a few years. The thing is he has already shown us he is lame at being a GM for 2 very clear and concise reasons. Cornell Green and Chris Kelsay. Not to even mention the fact that the team ignored specific positions that were screaming for upgrades all off season. QB-WR-RT-LT-OLB

Chan Gailey might very well be a very good offensive coordinator if given proper direction under a good head coach, but he has already shown us he can't evaluate a QB by watching film, something even rookie head coaches can do.Plus he hasn't built a running game whatsoever, if not for Fitz running around slinging the ball this team would be in even worse shape offensively.

The thing that made Jauron so horrible with an offense is he believed that the QB should win the games for him, his plan was to throw a QB into an offense no matter how raw he was and he was expected be able to make all the plays to keep the ball moving. Teams like the Ravens and Falcons OTOH believe that they should run the ball to set up the pass and only rely on the QB to manage the game, this philosophy has worked very well for Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan. Chan Gailey seems to share the same idea that Jauron had because he hasn't even tried to mount a running attack. That Miami game he had Trent Edwards in the shotgun formation 75% of the offensive plays. The QB had around two seconds to get the ball out or he was sacked, even when he did get the ball out he was still getting hit., Then when he did try and run the ball the RB was getting hit in the backfield as soon as he touched the ball. This tells me he didn't setup the protection schemes or the blocking schemes. The offense this year is actually worse then last years.

PTR, you entered this season with nothing but confidence and telling everyone that this years team simply had to be better because they fired Dick Jauron and brought in an offensive mind. You need to admit that you were somewhat shocked that the Bills are this bad offensively, I know I am.

The mere fact that Gailey went into the season with complete confidence in Trent Edwards as the Bills starting QB, doesn't upgrade the O line at all, and gets rid of two starting receivers, then he cuts the guy after only two games... this shows me that he is basically clueless how to run a team on his own

I look at Denver with a young head coach in Josh McDaniel's who's QB is leading the NFL in passing, that's right... Kyle Orton is the leading the passer in the NFL. I can't help but wish the Bills had a young brilliant coach like him.Then I look at the Jets and see what Marty's son, the Jets OC has done for Mark Sanchez, and can't help but want to see that guy in Buffalo helping the next young QB the Bills get.

Perhaps you are happy with what you have seen so far, I'm not. I don't need to see the last four games repeating over and over all season to eventually help me determine what I already know. If this team wins any games at all it will be because Fitz is carrying them and making all the plays. Like I stated in an eariler post I could be wrong... and would love it to have Gailey prove me wrong... however logic dictates to me that he won't.

You know what? If Ralph thinks like this board, then we will never get better. Because none of us can stand the rebuilding process for more than 5 minutes before we have to fire everyone. So Harvey can spot the incompetence 3 games in? Well wowie zowie, ain't he special! I bet no one else got that sense losing by 20+ points. Yessiree, Bob, can't pass this dog poop past you, can we? I mean Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey must be blithering idiots if they can't see it.

PTR

Just rememeber under this braintrust Kelsay got 4 yr 24 million dollar extension. That says it all. The guy is our worst defender but a nice guy to have in the clubhouse. Why not just have made him a coach?????????????????

Mediocre? Why does everyone keep using that term to describe the Bills? I would be happy with a mediocre team. This team is 0-4!!! That's not even close to mediocre!!

I do agree with you and have been saying the same thing for the last 4 years.......STOP PAYING FOR CRAP. don't spend on SEASON TIX, EXPENSIVE JERSEYS (horrible ones at that), and ANYTHING WITH A BILLS LOGO ON IT. You send the message of $ to Ralph. To him it's ok to keep things going just the way they are. No need to field a winner when he has steady cash coming in from the faithful.

I use this analogy......if Mars started making your favorite candy bar, Snickers, with human sh**, and they did nothing to mask the taste or smell,......would you continue to buy it?

Bon Apetite, Ralf Wilson apologists