Ralph Wilson

I know Buddy Nix recently coined this phrase after he was hired and In his talking with the media about rebuilding the Bills he stated something like " I don't want to hear about the labor pains, just show me the baby"

I'm thinking he stole that line from Ralph Wilson who has been saying that to his Buffalo Bills treasurer & CFO Jeffery Littmann for decades, just show me the money...err baby!

You simply can't ignore the fact that this owner has tried to do everything he can to save money in the entire history of the team. While he did pay for big marque players like OJ, Kelly, Smith...but then players like Jason Peters and Pat Williams were undrafted and therefore didn't seem worth of such a high pay increase so they were moved along. The team paid big bucks to Langston walker and Derrick Dockery for the O line and kept them when they played 1/2 way decently, the O line coach changed and their performance fell and they were released. Every move the team makes seems to be about saving money and keeping costs down, unless the player is a fan favorite or owner favorite.

You need to take into consideration that although the Bills have been mediocre the last decade winning wise, they have made the owner a bunch of money and sold countless amounts of jerseys and merchandise. Every year the games are sold out and the stadium filled with glossy eyed fans thinking this could be the season they go back to the SB.

So tell me, what real incentive does this man have to pay for a big name coach? Never mind the fact that a proven winning head coach could easily turn this team into a winner like Chuck Knox did, but because it would also cause all the players to be suddenly recognized as good and they all would want more money, thus it is far easier and cheaper to keep the team on the verge of being good as long as the fans keep coming. P.T. Barnum used to say, ""there's a sucker born every minute""

Wanna make a difference and create some real change, stop buying merchandise, stop buying tickets. Stop supporting mediocre!

I know Buddy Nix recently coined this phrase after he was hired and In his talking with the media about rebuilding the Bills he stated something like " I don't want to hear about the labor pains, just show me the baby"

I'm thinking he stole that line from Ralph Wilson who has been saying that to his Buffalo Bills treasurer & CFO Jeffery Littmann for decades, just show me the money...err baby!

You simply can't ignore the fact that this owner has tried to do everything he can to save money in the entire history of the team. While he did pay for big marque players like OJ, Kelly, Smith...but then players like Jason Peters and Pat Williams were undrafted and therefore didn't seem worth of such a high pay increase so they were moved along. The team paid big bucks to Langston walker and Derrick Dockery for the O line and kept them when they played 1/2 way decently, the O line coach changed and their performance fell and they were released. Every move the team makes seems to be about saving money and keeping costs down, unless the player is a fan favorite or owner favorite.

You need to take into consideration that although the Bills have been mediocre the last decade winning wise, they have made the owner a bunch of money and sold countless amounts of jerseys and merchandise. Every year the games are sold out and the stadium filled with glossy eyed fans thinking this could be the season they go back to the SB.

So tell me, what real incentive does this man have to pay for a big name coach? Never mind the fact that a proven winning head coach could easily turn this team into a winner like Chuck Knox did, but because it would also cause all the players to be suddenly recognized as good and they all would want more money, thus it is far easier and cheaper to keep the team on the verge of being good as long as the fans keep coming. P.T. Barnum used to say, ""there's a sucker born every minute""

Wanna make a difference and create some real change, stop buying merchandise, stop buying tickets. Stop supporting mediocre!

This is a very interesting post.

Right now it looks like Rosemary's baby.

Ralph will open his wallet for players (frequently even overpaying for the wrong ones), but for whatever reason does not believe in investing in top front office talent. No offense to Evans, but I wish it were possible to dump the $9mm or so we pay him and instead invest it in the front office.

Meanwhile, the Patriots* continue to reload.

Meh, from what I remember babies take 9 months to come out. They might walk and talk by 2,2 and a 1/2 years. We are still making the baby. The baby is not due yet.

This baby has been overdue for the last TEN YEARS!! Perhaps you haven't been paying attention this decade, but the Bills have stunk for a good ten years and have been the Patriots little B word all that time.

This owner just did it again, has the wool pulled over everyone's eyes by hiring a new GM & HC, never mind the fact that the team is 0-4 and the worst team in the league, new is better right? Perhaps you want to give this HC and GM another 3 years to see if they know what they are doing, just like the Bills have done with the past 4 regimes, I don't think most of the fans can stand another 3-5 years of rebuilding at the end of a ten year rebuild. Perhaps it is Gailey & Nix's plan to lose this year in order to get a franchise QB, what they fail to realize is that most head coaches and GMs that take their teams 2-14 usually don't stay employed long anymore.

I get the fact that the Bills needed to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find this GM and HC simply because nobody wants to work for this owner for obvious reasons.What the owner needs to realize is...does he want to end his legacy in Buffalo as a loser...and pass on while his beloved Buffalo Bills are the laughing stock of the league?

As I see it this owner has 2 clear choices to improve the team asap, fire Gailey / Nix, and while you still can and hire Marty S, then and the end of this season let him hire his son away from the Jets as OC and be the eventual replacement HC, and or move Marty to GM / consultant at that time. The guy knows football inside and out, knows players, and is a supreme motivator... OR.. wait until the season is over and throw the GM & HC job at Bill Cowher. Either or, then stand back and let them do their job with no interference.

P.S. I know this post is an exercise in futility, I just can't stand watching this team go from mediocre to competently inept and the joke of the league,I had to post anyway I just don't get how the owner of the team can put up with it.

Yes. Let's fire Nix and Gailey 5 weeks into the season. I'm sure every qualified candidate will be climbing over each other to get an interview at One Bills Drive. Maybe Jerry Sullivan can head the search committee. Nothing says commitment to winning like cleaning house after 5 weeks.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yes. Let's fire Nix and Gailey 5 weeks into the season. I'm sure every qualified candidate will be climbing over each other to get an interview at One Bills Drive. Maybe Jerry Sullivan can head the search committee. Nothing says commitment to winning like cleaning house after 5 weeks.

PTR

Yeah, if you think it was hard finding a coach this time, fire Chan Gailey mid-season and the Bills will have to scour the high schools for their next coach.

Yeah, if you think it was hard finding a coach this time, fire Chan Gailey mid-season and the Bills will have to scour the high schools for their next coach.

First of all I did give two alternatives, only one of which was to fire them now, or at some point during the season. The reason I make that statement is because I've seen enough ineptitude over the years to recognize it early. In 3 games out of four this team wasn't even competitive at any level, all three phases were horrid. Not just the QB, not just the running game but the entire offense, special teams and defense. I don't see them getting better and if by the 1/2 way point the team is win-less this post might carry more meaning. In the Patriot game the Bills were never a threat to win that game although they did come out and compete.

The thing is Marty Schottheimer publicly stated he wanted the Bill HC job badly,and more then likely still does. The owner Ralph Wilson then said when he heard about Marty wanting the job that he wasn't "comfortable" with hiring him. I'm not certain if that was Buddy Nix's influence because of his association with Marty at San Diego or if it was pure Wilson. Regardless, the guy has a proven track record of taking bad teams and turning them into playoff teams in a short time. Hiring Marty S this year could change the mentality of the team from losing to winning THIS YEAR. Plus like I stated the bills could hire Martys son as OC next year and the guy would take the job to be with his father. Thus hurting the Jets and helping the Bills at the same time, How many losses is enough?

The second alternative was to hire Bill Cowher at the end of this season, but the only way he would take the job is to have power to choose his players and run the team his way. So make him head coach and GM and pay him accordingly, it might just be a good enough offer for him to take it. This only works if the owner gives him the proper freedom to build the team correctly.

I could be completely wrong about Gailey and Nix, the team could turn things around and go 12-4 .....Yea, and I could also win mega millions and get a date with Megan Fox :flirt:

Edited by Harvey lives

Just for the record, Nix didn't coin that phrase. It's an old saying that has been around for a long long time.

Right now it looks like Rosemary's baby.

Ralph will open his wallet for players (frequently even overpaying for the wrong ones), but for whatever reason does not believe in investing in top front office talent. No offense to Evans, but I wish it were possible to dump the $9mm or so we pay him and instead invest it in the front office.

Meanwhile, the Patriots* continue to reload.

The reason is quite simple. He has to overpay for lesser talent because NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY, COACH OR MANAGE IN BUFFALO. It's not hard to understand.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I still have faith in Nix/Gailey. What they need is a bit of time. Vince Lombardi couldn't turn the group we have now into a playoff contender overnight.

The question I have is where the heck is Doug Whaley? I was excited when we brought him in. Does he have any say at all? At least he's been around a winning culture long enough to know what it takes.

I still have faith in Nix/Gailey. What they need is a bit of time. Vince Lombardi couldn't turn the group we have now into a playoff contender overnight.

The question I have is where the heck is Doug Whaley? I was excited when we brought him in. Does he have any say at all? At least he's been around a winning culture long enough to know what it takes.

Regardless of the front office we have, we still fail to address our true needs. They make the same mistakes over and over, what does that tell you. Front office isnt making the decisions. Ralph is the common denominator behind the seasons making personnel decisions. The problem is that he thinks he knows football but he doesnt.

Fans forget 90 year olds can't make babies anymore....

Hey, you never know: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-476980/Worlds-oldest-father-21st-child-90.html

The world's oldest father has done it again, fathering a child for at least the 21st time, at the age of 90.

Indian farmer Nanu Ram Jogi, who is married to his fourth wife, boasts he does not want to stop, and plans to continue producing children until he is 100.

You know what? If Ralph thinks like this board, then we will never get better. Because none of us can stand the rebuilding process for more than 5 minutes before we have to fire everyone. So Harvey can spot the incompetence 3 games in? Well wowie zowie, ain't he special! I bet no one else got that sense losing by 20+ points. Yessiree, Bob, can't pass this dog poop past you, can we? I mean Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey must be blithering idiots if they can't see it.

PTR