Trade offer

BuffaloWings

I'm in a PPR league, so WRs are prime real estate. However, my RBs have taken a huge hit. Reggie Bush & Knowshon Moreno are hurt and all I have left is Marshawn Lynch, who is now on a bye.

I was offered this trade today: I would be giving up Andre Johnson for Ryan Matthews and Matt Cassel. I could use a QB since I mistakenly drafted two QBs who have a bye in the same week (we start 2 and take the better score). Cassel wouldn't be starting for me (I have Flacco & Matt Ryan), but he'd help during that bye week.

My other WRs (start 4, take the best 3) are Austin Collie, Miles Austin, Josh Cribbs, Steve Johnson, & Michael Jenkins (who is still hurt).

Should I do this? Johnson is hurt and questionable and I could still use a RB.

I'm in a PPR league, so WRs are prime real estate. However, my RBs have taken a huge hit. Reggie Bush & Knowshon Moreno are hurt and all I have left is Marshawn Lynch, who is now on a bye.

I was offered this trade today: I would be giving up Andre Johnson for Ryan Matthews and Matt Cassel. I could use a QB since I mistakenly drafted two QBs who have a bye in the same week (we start 2 and take the better score). Cassel wouldn't be starting for me (I have Flacco & Matt Ryan), but he'd help during that bye week.

My other WRs (start 4, take the best 3) are Austin Collie, Miles Austin, Josh Cribbs, Steve Johnson, & Michael Jenkins (who is still hurt).

Should I do this? Johnson is hurt and questionable and I could still use a RB.

No way. You are giving up your best player, and you aren't that deep at WR (do you really want to start Steve Johnson?).

And you are getting:

--a lame QB that you need for one week....that's crazy, pick up Fitz and someone else and live with it for one day.

--a bangup up RB that hasn't done much yet.

Instead, get on the waiver wire and find some RBs. Is Torian still out there? Fred Jackson? Michael Bush? Kevin Smith? Derrick Ward? All those guys should be getting more work than in the first few weeks due to injury/other.

Gotta agree with KD, and the reasoning can't be explained better. Not even close on that deal.

Consider adding a John Kuhn, Lagarette(sp) Blount of TB or a BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Guys who aren't getting a whole lot of attention right now, but will get goal line carries and have a chance to see their role expand. Blount being my favorite of the three.

If Torain or Bush are there, those are must-adds. Donald Brown is another guy out there who can help someone a whole lot down the road. Chris Ivory may have some value filling in in the short-term. Good luck!

Thanks, guys. I was really leaning against it, anyway, but I needed another opinion. However, I forgot to mention that I also have TJ Houshmanzadeh at WR, so my WRs are a little deeper. Still, I'm not sure if I want to give up my #1 draft pick even though he's banged up right now. A co-worker of mine told me to jump on it because Andre Johnson has a high ankle sprain and because thinks Ryan Matthews is a stud.

My league is pretty deep - 12 teams. We start 12 players (2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, TE, K, DST) and have 20 on our rosters, so it's difficult to pick up any of those guys you mentioned. Right now, the top free agent RB in our league is Earnest Graham, if that tells you anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.