[closed]Marshawn Didn't Fit the Image

Marshawn Lynch never fit the image the franchise wanted.

Marshawn's image was perceived by some as thuggish. He has gold teeth and long hair. He is intimidating and threatening to sheltered suburbanites. He has had some off the field issues, and his whole persona does not fit into the overall image that the front office marketing machine is trying to create for this franchise.

CJ Spiller is more All-American. He has a winning smile and less tattoos. He rates higher on the Character charts, and his persona feels safer and less dangerous.

Good luck in Seattle, Marshawn! They are a more open-minded people up there.

Marshawn's image was perceived by some as thuggish. He has gold teeth and long hair. He is intimidating and threatening to sheltered suburbanites. He has had some off the field issues, and his whole persona does not fit into the overall image that the front office marketing machine is trying to create for this franchise.

CJ Spiller is more All-American. He has a winning smile and less tattoos. He rates higher on the Character charts, and his persona feels safer and less dangerous.

They're all a bunch of Liberal, Coffee drinking, Meth Heads 'up there'

--Hope I didn't offend any coffee drinkers. :oops:

Ok, I rarely post, I admit, I'm a bit of a watcher. But...seriously, are you considering Marshawn a good dude? This guy didn't give a **** about Buffalo or you. Spiller is all about "yes sir" and "no sir". Not that he is a conformist, but rather, a gentleman. This man will respect the tradition of 4 AFC titles and try to build upon that tradition. I am embarrassed that we should accept anything less.

Image doesn't matter. Committment to winning and dedication to this team matters. MaGahee wanted out, goodbye. Lynch wanted out, goodbye. Fred wants to be here! Spiller wants to be here! Those are the people you build around. People who are willing to take on the challenge of helping to turn a down team around instead of looking for a way out at the first sign of adversity. This team needs to find a core of players to build around. Hopefully, Nix/Gailey are in the process of weeding out those players that have no desire of being in that core group.

Or, in less moralistic tones, Marshawn didn't fit the offensive scheme Gailey has in mind moving into the future.

In a lot of ways, Marshawn was somewhat of an albatross for this organization. Yes, he has those off-field issues hanging over his head. But as a player, Marshawn had to be get time on the field. You don't let a first round pick ride the pine. I'll even give you that so far, he looked like the toughest back out there. But if having to game-plan to play Marshawn is detrimental for the development of the rest of Gailey's offense, then it's time to let him go. Also consider his contract situation and his desire to leave Buffalo (compounded by his unhappiness at having to split carries 3 ways).

At least this isn't a Willis McGahee situation. I have no illusions that this year will be anything more than a rebuilding season, but I'll give Chan the benefit of the doubt--for now. Let him develop his team the way he sees fit.

All true, the guy is a gangster wannabe. I hope he is the leagues leading rusher and that 2012 pick will be better than 2011. This move is a great relief in many ways; 1. It shows that the front office was really trying to trade him for atop pick and not just for any low pick 2. They weren't blowing smoke about improving the roster 3. Way too many backs splitting carries making them ineffective.

That about says it all. Good luck Marshawn - please don't 'torch us' when we play you guys in 2012.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.