My Rebuilding Plan

Virgil

First, let me say that I think Gailey has a plan and I want to see it. However, I don't think this group of guys can execute his plan. For me, the only way I can stomach watching this team is if I know that every game is a try-out for these guys and many of them will be gone next year. With that, here is what I would like to see.

All the rookies or 2 year vets need to be in the games. This includes Brohm. If the other guys have a problem with it, see ya. We need to know who should stay and who should go. It's time to blow it up. We can't assume we can patch this anymore. We aren't talking about QB's here that have fragile brains, we are talking about getting in reps for these newbies.

Before the trade deadline: See what we can get for Evans, Lynch, Poz, and Whitner. I'd say Kelsay too, but clearly there is a love affair for that guy in the FO. I have nothing against any of them. But Evans is only a deep threat and we need a true #1. Lynch, sorry but Spiller is the future here. Poz, I love him and I have his Jersey, but we seem to play better without him and there is just something to that. Whitner, just tired of hearing him talk. If not for those reasons and you like them, then send them somewhere where they have a chance to win.

Offseason: If your QB isn't there in the draft again, which maybe he's not. Then get a WR. I'm thinking about the Colts here. We have our RB, we need out QB and WR. Hopefully, one of them is there for us. We need to built it from the ground up again and we need an identity.

That's really all I got. We need to bring in FA's on the line. We pry need to overpay. We have tanked our previous drafts and, while some of you hated this one, besides the Calloway pick, I disagree. I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt to the new regime.

I know, i'm the crazy fan who expects to draft Peyton next year. I'm not. I'm just a guy realizing that we need to start from scratch and use what we have to leverage that. There is no patch-work here. We suck. We suck too much to hold on to guys that aren't going to be useful when we get good again, so let's get the value before they get old or we lost them to FA anyways.

First, let me say that I think Gailey has a plan and I want to see it. However, I don't think this group of guys can execute his plan. For me, the only way I can stomach watching this team is if I know that every game is a try-out for these guys and many of them will be gone next year. With that, here is what I would like to see.

All the rookies or 2 year vets need to be in the games. This includes Brohm. If the other guys have a problem with it, see ya. We need to know who should stay and who should go. It's time to blow it up. We can't assume we can patch this anymore. We aren't talking about QB's here that have fragile brains, we are talking about getting in reps for these newbies.

Before the trade deadline: See what we can get for Evans, Lynch, Poz, and Whitner. I'd say Kelsay too, but clearly there is a love affair for that guy in the FO. I have nothing against any of them. But Evans is only a deep threat and we need a true #1. Lynch, sorry but Spiller is the future here. Poz, I love him and I have his Jersey, but we seem to play better without him and there is just something to that. Whitner, just tired of hearing him talk. If not for those reasons and you like them, then send them somewhere where they have a chance to win.

Offseason: If your QB isn't there in the draft again, which maybe he's not. Then get a WR. I'm thinking about the Colts here. We have our RB, we need out QB and WR. Hopefully, one of them is there for us. We need to built it from the ground up again and we need an identity.

That's really all I got. We need to bring in FA's on the line. We pry need to overpay. We have tanked our previous drafts and, while some of you hated this one, besides the Calloway pick, I disagree. I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt to the new regime.

I know, i'm the crazy fan who expects to draft Peyton next year. I'm not. I'm just a guy realizing that we need to start from scratch and use what we have to leverage that. There is no patch-work here. We suck. We suck too much to hold on to guys that aren't going to be useful when we get good again, so let's get the value before they get old or we lost them to FA anyways.

I don't trade Poz, nor do I like the thought of trading Evans. Whitner? I would take a veg-a-matic for him. Lynch? Debatable, but he could have brought something. Previously I was dead set against trading Lynch, so I guess I'm beginning to waffle on this a bit...

Edited by Spiderweb

Overall, I couldn't agree more! There is sooo much dead weight on this team that it is hard to find a place to start. Posluszny can play, but needs HELP around him. I also tend to want this season to be a 12 game audition for the kids. What do they really have to lose? Nix and Gailey know that this ship won't sail straight without a franchise signal caller at the helm, so what if he's matriculating at Stanford, Washington, or Arkansas!! Find out if Urbik can play guard or tackle and give Ed Wang playing time too, as we're all fed up with Cornell Green. Spencer Johnson is NOT getting it done either, so start Carrington at LDE over Stroud and Johnson with Troup in the middle more often. It takes DLinemen time to mature, so let's start the process NOW! So much could be accomplished, going forward, by swallowing tons of pride and letting it rip with players Chan and Buddy are invested in. By the way, BLOW IT UP is undeniably the way to rid this team of cancers, lack of character, and lack of talent. GO for it Bills.

Overall, I couldn't agree more! There is sooo much dead weight on this team that it is hard to find a place to start. Posluszny can play, but needs HELP around him. I also tend to want this season to be a 12 game audition for the kids. What do they really have to lose? Nix and Gailey know that this ship won't sail straight without a franchise signal caller at the helm, so what if he's matriculating at Stanford, Washington, or Arkansas!! Find out if Urbik can play guard or tackle and give Ed Wang playing time too, as we're all fed up with Cornell Green. Spencer Johnson is NOT getting it done either, so start Carrington at LDE over Stroud and Johnson with Troup in the middle more often. It takes DLinemen time to mature, so let's start the process NOW! So much could be accomplished, going forward, by swallowing tons of pride and letting it rip with players Chan and Buddy are invested in. By the way, BLOW IT UP is undeniably the way to rid this team of cancers, lack of character, and lack of talent. GO for it Bills.

The ONLY dead weight on this team is on the sidelines acting like he knows what he is doing, but couldn't be more clueless

Yea lets draft a WR with that #1 pick... I notice the Colts could have some guy walk in off the street and Payton Manning would hit him for few TD passes