My heart just breaks for my favorite team.

Tipster19

There's not anything that I can say for them. No excuses, no alibis, no justification. They are a flat out mess. There's nothing to feel positive or hopeful about. I can bash them right now like so many others. I could throw a fit and angrily disown them but that will never last. I did come to this conclusion after this debacticle though and that is I really don't care who owns this franchise, who coachs them or who the players are anymore. I've come to realize that this, this, this team?/franchise?/organization? or whatever you want to call the Buffalo Bills, is me. I can't get away from them just like I can't get away from myself. I'm not mad at them, I'm not even embarrassed by them anymore. I don't know why, I'm just not. I can't and won't make any excuses for them this week, or in the future, around the watercooler. I'll just listen and let them say whatever they want, I won't even get upset. Matter of fact, when the trashing is done I'll just shrug my shouilders and even agree with the hecklers. It doesn't matter. The Bills embodies who I am, who a lot of us are, if we like it or not. I've always supported them thru thick or thin, the good times and the bad times and this is the worse that I can ever remember them being. It just doesn't matter, I'm still here and so will many of you too. So I encourage the faithful to pull your chin up and just persevere because that is EXACTLY what this franchise gave/taught us if nothing else. It's what we do best.

Excellent post, I feel exactly the same way! I decided to write off this season and now I watch for the joy of the small and few triumphs of the games. The only thing I have to say when people give me a hard time about my Bills is, I've been a fan for the last 25 years and I'll cheer them on next year too! :beer:

There's not anything that I can say for them. No excuses, no alibis, no justification. They are a flat out mess. There's nothing to feel positive or hopeful about. I can bash them right now like so many others. I could throw a fit and angrily disown them but that will never last. I did come to this conclusion after this debacticle though and that is I really don't care who owns this franchise, who coachs them or who the players are anymore. I've come to realize that this, this, this team?/franchise?/organization? or whatever you want to call the Buffalo Bills, is me. I can't get away from them just like I can't get away from myself. I'm not mad at them, I'm not even embarrassed by them anymore. I don't know why, I'm just not. I can't and won't make any excuses for them this week, or in the future, around the watercooler. I'll just listen and let them say whatever they want, I won't even get upset. Matter of fact, when the trashing is done I'll just shrug my shouilders and even agree with the hecklers. It doesn't matter. The Bills embodies who I am, who a lot of us are, if we like it or not. I've always supported them thru thick or thin, the good times and the bad times and this is the worse that I can ever remember them being. It just doesn't matter, I'm still here and so will many of you too. So I encourage the faithful to pull your chin up and just persevere because that is EXACTLY what this franchise gave/taught us if nothing else. It's what we do best.

I'm ahead of the curve as far as emotional attachment to this team. I think about 3 years ago I started to become detached. 30 plus years of crap football is enough. I still want them to win for sure, but I don't care anymore when they lose. What is particularly bad about the current situation is that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. We have a clueless owner who hires bargain basement coaches and management that no other real NFL team would hire. Until someone other than Ralph owns this team nothing is ever going to change. He only ever spent money on one coach Chuck Knox. I don't know the details of his hire of Polian but I'm willing to bet he got lucky with that one because he wasn't bright enough to keep him. I feel sorry for anyone who lives and dies with this thing.