22 starters...

Ok, so there are 22 starters on both sides of the ball. These are the ones on our team that i would consider legitemate starters.

1) Lynch ( Jackson, spiller)

2) Eric wood

3) Andy Levitre

4) Lee Evans

5) Kyle Williams

6) Jarius Byrd

7) Donte Whitner- yes i went there!

8) Terrence Mcgee

9) Leodis Mckelvin

10) Paul Pozlusny

In other words, we have 12 holes to fill pn this team. Of course, that is to be ELITE. To even be competitive again, i say maybe 6, if it includes QB.

Ok, so there are 22 starters on both sides of the ball. These are the ones on our team that i would consider legitemate starters.

2) Eric wood

3) Andy Levitre

4) Lee Evans

5) Kyle Williams

6) Jarius Byrd

8) Terrence Mcgee

9) Leodis Mckelvin

10) Paul Pozlusny

In other words, we have 12 holes to fill pn this team. Of course, that is to be ELITE. To even be competitive again, i say maybe 6, if it includes QB.

I know it's crazy to say, but several of these guys are reaches. Certainly Wood and Levitre have yet to demonstrate they're more deserving of starting spots this season than Demetrius Bell. McKelvin looks great and then gets exposed -- not what I'd like as a starter when we run man coverage. Whitner really looks worse than George Wilson to me and certainly Bryan Scott so I don't see that at all.

2) Eric wood

3) Andy Levitre

4) Lee Evans

5) Kyle Williams

6) Jarius Byrd

8) Terrence Mcgee

9) Leodis Mckelvin

10) Paul Pozlusny

Then ask yourself this, how many of them are starters on a playoff team? I'd say about half of them, mainly from our secondary. This team is in a huge hole personnel-wise.

Then ask yourself this, how many of them are starters on a playoff team? I'd say about half of them, mainly from our secondary. This team is in a huge hole personnel-wise.

Not quite right. The best playoff teams have maybe 6 or 7 Pro Bowl players. Other playoff teams have 3 or 4 of them. The rest of their players are average to above average "filler". So most of our players he listed could start on a playoff team. The problem is we have the filler but none of the All Pro players.

The secondary would look alright IF they could generate anything resembling a pass rush. There is no pressures, let alone sacks. It is conventional wisdom that you can't run a 3-4 without 4 outstanding LB's, look to Pittsburgh and Baltimore for proof!!

you can't run a 3-4 without 4 outstanding LB's, look to Pittsburgh and Baltimore for proof!!

Yes. Back when the Bills ran 3-4 and had a good D, they had:

-Bennett

-conlan

-Talley

They also had an all universe DE that typically tied up 2 O-linemen on every down.

The SS should not be the leading tackler with the amount of running from the Jets today.