Bills/Jets - Chat room info

Fezmid

Hello. How is this different from the normal chat room?

Thank you in advance.

It's better in a number of ways. It's moderated, so if someone jumps in just to harass, we can get rid of them. It's IRC, which is easier to manage than a website - especially if you use an actual IRC client instead of the website.

Plus, the oldtimers prefer to hang out there - which instantly makes it better. ;)

It'd be nice if Scott changed the link at the top for us...

It's better in a number of ways. It's moderated, so if someone jumps in just to harass, we can get rid of them. It's IRC, which is easier to manage than a website - especially if you use an actual IRC client instead of the website.

Plus, the oldtimers prefer to hang out there - which instantly makes it better. ;)

It'd be nice if Scott changed the link at the top for us...

But isn't the chat room above only for registered posters here? Seems to me like that would be the preferred destination; I always found the IRC room to be cumbersome.

But isn't the chat room above only for registered posters here? Seems to me like that would be the preferred destination; I always found the IRC room to be cumbersome.

True - but anyone can register. And some registered folks are the ones that we've had to moderate in the past...

IRC is so much better than a web chat room.. In addition to the above, it also allows private chats between members.

• 2 weeks later...

How would you know, you're not in here? :)

LOL, why go to the chat room where you are the "Chat Nazi" and a terrible mod for booting people for having discussions about key plays because you dont agree with their side. You booted me because I was calmly responding to people directing posts to me with comments or questions about the Corner INT. You didnt say a word to all the people who would not stop ranting that we got screwed, but you booted me because you said I wouldnt let it go when all I was doing was responding to people directly talkting to me when I said the refs got the call right. In fact, you booted me saying "Sorry man, nothing personal I am just really pissed about the play"...what kind of a mod is that? Why should anyone chat there if they are not free discuss the game freely in a calm matter?

The funniest part was that you booted me after I asked you or anyone else in the room if they could conclusively say that his whole elbow was in, because if not then they cant over turn the call. Your response was "Whatever" and then you booted me. You had no intelligent response, so you boot me for having a point. Brilliant mod work there sir. You should title your chat room "Blatant homerism chat only" with a warning that the use of logic and the NFL rule book is strictly prohibited in any discussion that could disprove the Bills being screwed.

Maybe you should put your big boy pants on if you are going to be the mod of a chat room if you want people to chat there. I am not the only one who feels that way and know some others who thought that was hilarious and prefer the shout box to that now.

LOL, why go to the chat room where you are the "Chat Nazi" and a terrible mod for booting people for having discussions about key plays because you dont agree with their side. You booted me because I was calmly responding to people directing posts to me with comments or questions about the Corner INT. You didnt say a word to all the people who would not stop ranting that we got screwed, but you booted me because you said I wouldnt let it go when all I was doing was responding to people directly talkting to me when I said the refs got the call right. In fact, you booted me saying "Sorry man, nothing personal I am just really pissed about the play"...what kind of a mod is that? Why should anyone chat there if they are not free discuss the game freely in a calm matter?

The funniest part was that you booted me after I asked you or anyone else in the room if they could conclusively say that his whole elbow was in, because if not then they cant over turn the call. Your response was "Whatever" and then you booted me. You had no intelligent response, so you boot me for having a point. Brilliant mod work there sir. You should title your chat room "Blatant homerism chat only" with a warning that the use of logic and the NFL rule book is strictly prohibited in any discussion that could disprove the Bills being screwed.

Maybe you should put your big boy pants on if you are going to be the mod of a chat room if you want people to chat there. I am not the only one who feels that way and know some others who thought that was hilarious and prefer the shout box to that now.

While I would agree you didn't cross any line that I was aware of, generally the IRC chat is the better of the two, by far. Yet, I will disagree with you regarding the elbow. Yet, Corner came down on top of a player who was out of bounds and his elbow may have been moot anyway.....so any argument about the elbow was moot.

You were booted because you kept bringing up the play over and over and over. Just like crusades are not allowed on TSW, we don't want to see them in the chat room either. You came back after being booted and CONTINUED to talk about the play. You were warned multiple more times but you refused to let it go and talk about the game.

And it's hilarious that a week later, you're STILL bitching about it. :lol:

You were booted because you kept bringing up the play over and over and over. Just like crusades are not allowed on TSW, we don't want to see them in the chat room either. You came back and were warned multiple more times but you refused to let it go and continue talking about the game.

Time to let bygones be bygones gents.

You were booted because you kept bringing up the play over and over and over. Just like crusades are not allowed on TSW, we don't want to see them in the chat room either. You came back after being booted and CONTINUED to talk about the play. You were warned multiple more times but you refused to let it go and talk about the game.

Um, hate to break it to you, when I came back I did not talk about the play, I talked directly to you about the BS booting and it had nothing to do with the play. And as one poster already noted, I wasn't crossing any lines when you initially booted me, without any warning I might add. Secondly, I wasn't the one who kept talking about it...everyone else was getting in an uproar over the play and going on and on about how we got screwed. I was simply responding to OTHER people who were directly talking to me in a discussion about the play.

And there is why I had an issue...they were free to piss and moan all they wanted about the play as much and as they wanted without a single warning, including after I was gone from the chat, yet I was booted for responding to people talking to me about the play. You were fine with everyones crusade to claim a screw job the refs, including yourself who was out there posting photos and arguing the photo until you were blue in the face, but because I responded to people discussing it with me I got the boot.

I didnt have an issue with anyone agreeing or disagreeing about the play, but you had a biased issue with me because we didnt share the same opinnion and admitted such when you booted me and said "Sorry man, nothing personal I am just really pissed about the play." I would expect more from a mod is all I am saying and the only crusade that was happening was you and some others crusading that we got a screw job.

Bygones are bygones, but I just find it funny you want more people to join the chat when you run it that way. Not really the kind of place I want to chat where we cant talk freely unless you approve...no biggie, but I prefer the Shout Box over that

Edited by Alphadawg7