Should Trent Edwards succeed in JAX...

MClem06

Almost everyone on this board hates him as a QB... myself included. Some Jax fans are happy to get him and say he's going to thrive in their system with a change of scenery. I even read a comment that Trent didn't do well because "the Bills are a horrible team and have been since the late 90's"... Now not that I can disagree with that comment that we have been awful but if you don't have a QB then you are going to be awful. Look at the situation in Philly. Kolb was performing marginal and Vick came in there and he's blowing up making that team what they are.

Should Trent succeed and prove everyone wrong on this board that he can play in the NFL, we can then blame something other than the QB position for once in our lives for this team's failure to win.

November 22, 2009 - Jaguars 18, Bills 15

September 14, 2008 - Bills 20, Jaguars 16

November 25, 2007 - Jaguars 36, Bills 14

November 26, 2006 - Bills 27, Jaguars 24

September 12, 2004 - Jaguars 13, Bills 10

September 14, 2003 - Bills 38, Jaguars 17

October 18, 2001 - Bills 13, Jaguars 10

The "horrible team" has gone 4-3 against them since the "90's". :oops:

They are as delusional about Edwards as we all once were. I pity what the future holds for their team. We've been better than them this decade already and it's not going to get any better for them. :o

Trent will have success and it would not surprise me one bit to see him have a super bowl ring for being the back up on a team. We have sen that before haven't we :lol:

Your point is taken, and I have seen it made numerous times on this board, in reference to RJ. People forget, though, RJ actually started a few games, and won, on that Tampa Bay team...he was at the helm the day that Bucs team became the first in franchise history to win a game in sub-40 degree weather...so he learned something in Buffalo, on our dime! :rolleyes:

Why are we still talking about this bum? He's a terrible qb, we should all be happy that he's finally gone and that's all that has to be said. Move on...next topic

classy

That's actually one of the classiest things I've read about him on this board :)

a fourth year mostly starter who is going to suddenly succeed doesnt hold onto the ball with seconds left to get a td to tie

That's what killed it for me. I just totally lost any hope that he was going to be able to lead a succesful offense, no matter how much time or coaching he received. No guts no glory.

Why are we still talking about this bum? He's a terrible qb, we should all be happy that he's finally gone and that's all that has to be said. Move on...next topic

I agree that he is no longer a topic of interest but a bum? yea he wasn't a fit in buffalo but I think we as fans should respect the fact that he was probably one of the most professional athletes we have had in the buf and wish him good luck on future success.