Was Easley on track to be the #2 receiver this season before his injur

DUFF

I was born in Buffalo, but now live in "eagles country" so I don't make it to training camp or practices anymore, but prior to the season I was watching practice/training camp highlights on OBD and it seemed like he was making huge plays with all 4 quarterbacks (brown being the 4th at the time). I know that it was just practice, but he was one of the few wrs to make the highlight reel on almost a daily basis. So to make a short story long i have 2 questions.....

1. did he have a shot to be the #2 reciever this year (talent wise...i don't mean was it an "open competition")

2. is he still on our roster???

Thanks!

He is on Injured Reserve.

He looked good early, but it's very hard to say what he would have looked good when the real bullets started flying. I doubt he would have been #2 to start the year, and probably not at all this year unless he really blew up. But I think it's safe to say he has an outside shot at the #2 spot in the future.

I was born in Buffalo, but now live in "eagles country" so I don't make it to training camp or practices anymore, but prior to the season I was watching practice/training camp highlights on OBD and it seemed like he was making huge plays with all 4 quarterbacks (brown being the 4th at the time). I know that it was just practice, but he was one of the few wrs to make the highlight reel on almost a daily basis. So to make a short story long i have 2 questions.....

1. did he have a shot to be the #2 reciever this year (talent wise...i don't mean was it an "open competition")

2. is he still on our roster???

Thanks!

I don't think he had a shot at #2. Look at Nelson, he was doing great in preseason & is nowhere near #2. I think he was on the same level talent wise as what Nelson showed, but got hurt. If he had remained healthy then he would have beaten out either Nelson or Jones.

He's on injured reserve.

Since there is no real #2 now he would have had a shot. In fact since Nelson, Johnson, and Jones would not make most NFL rosters he could have easily won the #2 spot(although historically rookie WR's do worse than even rookie QB's). The Stevie Johnson fan club has all but dried up. I have been of the opinion that Roscoe should get most of the reps at #2 but that comes with it's set of problems as well. Personally I would line him up on the line of scrimmage and dare the CB to man up on him. With his quickness and shiftiness I would think he has a chance to break free more often than get handcuffed at the LOS. Also since he isn't so much a burner or long strider starting him behind the LOS doesn't really help much IMO.

Since there is no real #2 now he would have had a shot. In fact since Nelson, Johnson, and Jones would not make most NFL rosters he could have easily won the #2 spot(although historically rookie WR's do worse than even rookie QB's). The Stevie Johnson fan club has all but dried up. I have been of the opinion that Roscoe should get most of the reps at #2 but that comes with it's set of problems as well. Personally I would line him up on the line of scrimmage and dare the CB to man up on him. With his quickness and shiftiness I would think he has a chance to break free more often than get handcuffed at the LOS. Also since he isn't so much a burner or long strider starting him behind the LOS doesn't really help much IMO.

Roscoe was #2 quite a bit against the Pats*. 5 receptions, 83 yards