Fair???

nero47

The NFL is "What have you done for me lately?". I am scanning the boards reading nonsense like "What took so long", "Maybe they could have just kept him a while longer?, "You know trade him for something, like a 7th rounder in 2020".

Gentlemen and ladies, if you don't cut the mustard at work (unless you're union), how long does the boss give you to get it right? 3 months, 2 weeks, or until Friday? If the boss has no further use for you, will be at 5:00pm today?

TE got 3 weeks of the regular season. In 2 of them he bombed. After the third it was obvious he was no longer needed.

Did the coach mislead us 3 weeks ago with his comments? Yes, a little, but he said throughout the presesaon that although he had a pecking order, no one had clearly separated themselves. Well by game three someone finally had. We weren't really going to challenge for a playoff spot, so find out what we have and be exciting. Hopefully we will.

Goodbye Trent, your demeanor will make you a good banker, but you will never be a leader.

I also seem to recall a ton of homegrown talent scouts here at TSW who attended training camp and repeatedly labeled Trent Edwards "by far the best quarterback in camp."

Yet everyone's quick to call Gailey a ****ty talent evaluator because he saw the same thing during TC and preseason.

I also seem to recall a ton of homegrown talent scouts here at TSW who attended training camp and repeatedly labeled Trent Edwards "by far the best quarterback in camp."

Yet everyone's quick to call Gailey a ****ty talent evaluator because he saw the same thing during TC and preseason.

The problem is that what the media SHOULD do is take a step back and wait to see what the bills' next move is regarding QB.. but since the story was reported they feel they have to chime in with something, and unfortunately, no it's not fair, especially because there was no massive uproar when Trent was named starter.. pretty much everyone knew "OK, this is the kid's last shot.. either he thrives or he's done"... not sure why anything is surprising at this point.

Bottom line: Trent played his way out of a job. No candy-coating that.

PTR

It was his lack of self-respect and courage that caused his dismissal. Had he shown any concern for the team, by at least attempting to do his job and not run out of bounds, he might very well still be warming the bench. He gave up, and his teammates lost confidence in their leader.