False start vs. neutral zone infraction

ofiba

Did anyone just see the false start call against the Packers? Julius peppers jumped offside, then quickly got back onside and the Packers pulled the old "I'm going to move because I know the penalty will go against them". To my surprise, the refs actually called it on the Packers and said something about "delayed reaction".

If they do have the ability to judge that the offense is only jumping early because they are trying to get the penalty on the D, then where was that call yesterday when Wes Welker jerked his body about 5 seconds after Maybin got back onsides?

Did anyone just see the false start call against the Packers? Julius peppers jumped offside, then quickly got back onside and the Packers pulled the old "I'm going to move because I know the penalty will go against them". To my surprise, the refs actually called it on the Packers and said something about "delayed reaction".

If they do have the ability to judge that the offense is only jumping early because they are trying to get the penalty on the D, then where was that call yesterday when Wes Welker jerked his body about 5 seconds after Maybin got back onsides?

When you play the Pats* you play "Patriette* Rules"--when in doubt, the penalty is never on them. Egads, man, haven't you been watching the NFL for the last ten plus years or so?

That said, the lack of good officiating wasn't why we lost to them this year.....

No he hadn't.

Cat I have not seen the replay, but that play was right in front of me and I am pretty sure he did. That said, I was also shocked when they called the Off PI on Gronk, looked from the stands like Scott just pulled his jersey over his head. Like someone else said, refs were not the reason we lost the game.