354-396-8 says it all

notwoz

Why are people surprised or angry that the Bills are losing? Look at their overall record -- it's under .500. I haven't done the math, but with a record of 354=396-8, it looks like the team's average record is 7-9 a season. Why would current ownership change anything at this point?

The team we love is a losing proposition. We just have to deal with it, because none of us is in a position to change anything.

Just my two cents.

That's correct, the Jets have sucked a lot over the years. However, there is one big difference between the Bills and the Jets. The Jets have a super bowl trophy.

But my point remains, why are we surprised that the Bills suck? There is nothing in the team's history that suggests we should be shocked by yet another lousy season.

Why are people surprised or angry that the Bills are losing? Look at their overall record -- it's under .500. I haven't done the math, but with a record of 354=396-8, it looks like the team's average record is 7-9 a season. Why would current ownership change anything at this point?

The team we love is a losing proposition. We just have to deal with it, because none of us is in a position to change anything.

Just my two cents.

I agree with you completely. I've been a fan since 63 and think the Superbowl Years were but an aboration, and only due to Bill Polian. The Bills have never been winners, and are unlikely to change anytime soon. Even the "great Marv", retired with a losing record overall. Except for Saban and Chan, all the other coaches had losing records as well.

That's correct, the Jets have sucked a lot over the years. However, there is one big difference between the Bills and the Jets. The Jets have a super bowl trophy.

But my point remains, why are we surprised that the Bills suck? There is nothing in the team's history that suggests we should be shocked by yet another lousy season.

The Jets won that trophy so long ago half their fan base wasn't even born. The bills 2 AFL championships a few years earlier are just as valid.

In football the past does not necessarily predict the future (SAINTS). If you were a Jet fan, would you be posting on their board the teams overall record? That way the fans would know to stop wasting their time, because their overall record dictates the future is hopeless.

I agree with you completely. I've been a fan since 63 and think the Superbowl Years were but an aboration, and only due to Bill Polian. The Bills have never been winners, and are unlikely to change anytime soon. Even the "great Marv", retired with a losing record overall. Except for Saban and Chan, all the other coaches had losing records as well.

Before Polian and after they have sucked. The common factor? Ralph Wilson. Only when this guy is out of the picture does this franchise really have a chance to turn around. Thank God we had Polian for a few years or this team would NEVER have won a superbowl and you can take about 7-8 of those winning seasons off the overall record.

In football the past does not necessarily predict the future (SAINTS). If you were a Jet fan, would you be posting on their board the teams overall record? That way the fans would know to stop wasting their time, because their overall record dictates the future is hopeless.

Just like those mutual fund warnings: Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Go Bills!!!!

The Jets Bills won that their trophyis so long ago half3/4s their fan base wasn't even born. The bills Jets 2 ANFL championships a few years earlier are later is just as valid.

I made a few adjustments to your first paragraph. However, I still don't know what your point is.

As for your second paragraph, the past means a lot, as Santayana famously said. ("Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".) However the Jets are winning now and their fans have high expectations, so ancient history means nothing. But the Bills are not winning, and they haven't been winning for a while, and most importantly, haven't shown any signs of changing their losing ways. Nonetheless, I am tired of reading comments expressing "outrage" over the Bills mediocre performance over the past 10 years, because the Bills have been mediocre for most of their 50-year history.

You are correct: Past performance does not guarantee future results. But so far the Bills have shown no real signs of change. Consequently, we can have no realistic expectation that the future will be any different from the past.

I'd love to see the Bills win a Super Bowl before I die (I'm 59 so the meter is running). But unless the current management structure somehow learns how to turn things around for the better, I'm not holding my breath.

What I'm saying is that there's no reason to go ballistic because the team sucks. We all knew the team would suck and many of us hoped to see some signs of improvement (and hope) for next year and beyond. But the team's 0-2 start should not be a surprise.

Yes, the Saints anemic record historically is an indication that they will never win :rolleyes:

The Saints, unlike the Bills, have made changes to improve their chances of winning. Hey at the rate they're going, they might even win the championships! :flirt:

Just my two cents.

Because some of us have been Bills fans for longer than the past two years. in 2000 their overall record was ~.490, which is pretty solid for most professional sports franchises. In the past 10 years their record has dropped to .4671, which isn't all that bad, but a pretty dramatic drop considering most of those seasons were between 7-9 and 9-7. Yours is such a pointless post. So do you suggest that we stay at a mediocre level of play? This team was 1-2 wins from championship caliber in the early 90s for several years. Sorry if you just woke up as a Bills fan but a lot of us know that there is potential with this team to go places as long as they are in the NFL. I'm not going to deal with mediocrity and neither are any of the life long Bills fans on this board. Get Bent.

Because some of us have been Bills fans for longer than the past two years. in 2000 their overall record was ~.490, which is pretty solid for most professional sports franchises. In the past 10 years their record has dropped to .4671, which isn't all that bad, but a pretty dramatic drop considering most of those seasons were between 7-9 and 9-7. Yours is such a pointless post. So do you suggest that we stay at a mediocre level of play? This team was 1-2 wins from championship caliber in the early 90s for several years. Sorry if you just woke up as a Bills fan but a lot of us know that there is potential with this team to go places as long as they are in the NFL. I'm not going to deal with mediocrity and neither are any of the life long Bills fans on this board. Get Bent.

My point is why is everyone bent out of shape because the Bills have not shown anything so far this year. It shouldn't come as a surprise. In 2000, according to your statement, the Bills had a losing record. Ten years later, they still have a losing record. I'm not suggesting the Bills stay mediocre, If, at the end of the year, the Bills show signs of improvement, then great. But until then, why all the hysterics? If you think I should get bent becuase I think people should get a grip and see what happens, then go F**K yourself.

Just my two cents.

well maybe you should have added a little more than just your two cents - perhaps put in another 62 cents and then you could have shown all 32 teams' overall record and then see where the bills fit in.

using a single statistic to prove or disprove a singular point-of-view is the reason why the saying "you can make ststistics prove anything" exists.