Randy Cross calls out Lee Evans, Bills WRs

LGB

okay, I get it now...opposing teams are going to assign their best DB to Lee Evans every game so we should expect no catches from Evans every week. :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up for us. :rolleyes:

That is almost as good as hearing for years how we need another WR to pull coverage off of Evans - so the Bills go out and sign TO and Evans has his worst year ever - catching a career-low 44 passes for a career-low 612 yards and seven touchdowns last year.

The last time Evans actually worked to get open was when JP was here. Now he is coasting on his millions of dollars.

If you want to get paid like an elite WR, maybe you should try and get open, come back to the ball or try and make a play.

Question: what does 4 catches for 34 yards so far this year mean?

Answer: Evans is on track to go from 600 yards last year to 300 yards this year (with a salary cap figure of $9.87 million - do the math).

So TO comes to Buffalo and sucks for the first time in his career (until TE gets yanked). Lee Evans was productive until Trent, and now he sucks too.

To follow your theory to it's logical conclusion, It's just a coincidence that two highly productive receivers have started to suck when receiving TE's passes.

When TE sees double coverage the ball doesn't go there whether the guy gets open or not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First and formost I believe Lee Evans is good receiver. But I think he's been a bit lazy the past 2 seasons or so. I think it's just do to him being on a bad offense. When he came in here and Drew was throwing to him, he looked really good. Him and JP had a great connection too. So could it be since we already know our QB sucks. Trent Edwards is a big cause of this offense being in the SHITE hole it's in, along with the Offensive line. It goes to show you. If you don't invest in a top 15 QB and the Offensive line, you go nowhere in this league.

I listened to Randy Cross and it seemed to me he was calling out the OTHER receivers on the team to step up. Yes, he took that little jab at Evans by mentioning his salary, but what he was really saying was WHO ELSE is going to step up and be a target for Edwards.

Edited by ChasBB

I listened to Randy Cross and it seemed to me he was calling out the OTHER receivers on the team to step up. Yes, he took that little jab at Evans by mentioning his salary, but what he was really saying was WHO ELSE is going to step up and be a target for Edwards.

Yeah, that is why the thread says: "Randy Cross calls out Lee Evans, Bills WRs".

Now that Fitz is in, will we have a passing game?

Randy Cross is an idiot.

Randy Cross is a spastic retard.

(And I mean that in no way to be demeaning to retards).

He's horrible. He's a travesty. He's a mockery of broadcasting. A baffoon. A windbag...

...but Lee Evans is NOT a #1 wide out. A really good #2. But NOT a #1.

no all you guys if you watched the game yesterday would know that to blame this on the QB with the pressure he faced yesterday id ludacris.

secondly to try and blame him for not going deep is laughable.

how the hell does any QB throw it long when he is getting his as- kicked and on the ground.

you people are all IDIOTS and dont get me wrong i'm not a trent lover but really lets at least try to act like we know something about the game.

lastly edwards as much as he is hated is by far the best QB on this team.

anyone who actually attends the games or watches this team and wants to watch fitz run this team again is flat out on crack. i learned last year he is unwatchable and does not belong on any nfl team.

so we are stuck with edwards but yesterday and to a big extent the first game to blame the lack of a passing game on edwards is stupid its not his fault. no QB can throw when he is constantly under pressure or on his as-.

Out of all the negative Edwards posts, why do you pick my post to defend Edwards? I didn't mention him in the post, and I actually think he is the best QB on the team, but not very good. I agree that it's hard to throw deep when you have a linebacker on top of you, but to blame Lee Evans is ridiculous. I said that the ball doesn't come out of the QB's hands, isn't that true? I didn't say it was always the QB's fault, sometimes it's Trent's sometimes it's the O-lines, but it's definitely NOT Lee Evans fault.

Trent is not a good QB. He will not go to another team and be successful. He will have an opportunity next year, because so many teams are desperate to find a QB, but he won't be signifigantly better.

Edited by ThrowIt

Randy Cross is an idiot.

Concur with you there. Remember what else he said on Sunday? He called our DC, Herm Edwards, then George Williams. He twice referred to C.J. as B. J. I know what was on his mind.

He called the game so poorly, I felt he was watching a different game than what he was reporting on. He mixed up names, called each player the wrong name, and even mantioned Joique Bell on our offensive line.

Cross is nearly as bad as Mumbles.

Look, it's time to accept that the QB situation makes it impossible to judge the Bills receivers. Have they always been playing their best? No. But they are basically asked to run sprints whenever the Bills have the ball, because it's unlikely the ball is even gonna come out of Trents hands, no matter what the playcall. I'm sure it would be difficult for ANY player to keep their head in the game.

Lee Evans is a good receiver, open to debate how good, but he is a legitimate NFL receiver that would start (maybe not the #1, but would start) for any other team.

The Ills suck, and it's not Lee Evans. If anything, I feel bad for the guy because he resigned with the Bills when he should have left.

You're scapegoating him. Every guy on the BIlls is overpaid. I could go out there and be completely ineffective, just like a handful of guys on the team that are just about invisible.

Out of all the current Bills, I have always liked Lee Evans. He seems like a stand-up guy and I have been to plenty of games where he really tries to help out his QB.

Yes, the OL and QB suck and Lee has seen many coaching/QB changes, but Evans gets paid millions upon millions of dollars a year to keep his head in the game. Why would you feel bad for him? (he got almost 10 million dollars to catch 44 balls last year?)

If there isn't a QB - or players to protect a QB on the Bills right now that can block long enough to hit Evans on a slant and move the chains, then these players do not belong in the NFL and the do-nothing coaches/front office staff that could not see this, do not either.

TOO late guys. They are already found the rotten apple that was spoiling the bunch. Trent Edwards is officially history. Fitz isn't a savior but the hope is that win lose or draw he will play with some BALLZ and THROW THE DAMN BALL!!! Fitz has a TOUGH start against the Pats coming up.

Who knows what the future will bring but I bet these BS Lee Evans isn't a #1 threads will start to die down as Fitz actually makes use of our best aerial weapon. It's amazing after the thread I started "the final word..." using Sullivan's stats to back me up that Lee scores over twice as many TDs when anybody but Edwards is the starter. He has done this with such "pro bowlers" as JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb and Ryan Fitzpatrick. THAT is how bad Trent sucks when it comes to using our best WR threat.

Guys, it's simple. Look at Carolina. You don't run down Steve Smith because Delhomme lost his confidence and couldn't throw him the ball. You bring in a guy that can get him the ball. Matt Moore is not even that good of a QB and got hurt/benched in favor of Claussen. When Moore took over last year and started this year, however, Steve Smith was back to his old TD ways. We have almost the exact same situation here. Edwards was the problem with Evans not the other way around.

Edited by PDaDdy

That's great. He's a really good analyst. Next segment he can explain how Lee Evans can catch all the throws that aren't being made to him, thus earning his check. He was targeted one time all day, tough to make a lot of catches that way.

The next person that holds Randy Cross up as some kind of brilliant football mind should just hit themselves in the head with a hammer instead and save us from being exposed to his idiocy.

Right!

Let's Blame Lee Evans for not catching all those balls that were thrown at him. NOt to mention, the one that waas thrown at him was OUR BEST PLAY OF THE GAME. The Pass Interference Call. And why was he interfered with? Well feel free to disagree but it looked like he was about to blow past the defensive player of the year so woodson, rather smartly, tackled him.

Lee Evans is the best player the bills have. His position is entirely dependent on the quarterback willing to throw him the ball. Trent isn't willing to do that.