My Game Gameplan + Prediction Vs Green Bay

buffalo_bills

We're heading to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. I know lots of you, including me, are saying ****! Ah, just another week in the life of Buffalo Bills fans. Heres my gameplan and prediction.

Offense: We need to run the ball! A lot! Its our strength on offense, and we gotta take the load of TE. The only way we have success offensivly is if we can run the ball efficiently. This will open up the pass. I dont wanna see TE having more than 20 throws. If we can get outta thos 3rd and long situations, we can make up for our weak o-line. But the only way to get out of 3rd and longs is to RUN THE BALL. We can put up points on the board. They only have one good corner, and dont really have any stud DL. Their LB corps is strong. Expect our offense to be better than last week, but only if we can play our style of football. RUN THE BALL!!!!!!

Defense: With Grant out, i dont expect their run game to give us too much trouble. I see them coming out, and passing the ball. We need to contain Jermichael Finley. He is the guy that can kill us. Of course we also gotta contain Driver and Jennings, who are major threats on the outside, but im more worried about Finley. If we dont get pressure on Rodgers, i dont care who we have in our secondary, he'll shred us. This may be the deciding factor of this game.

Final Prediction:

I see a closer game than most people predict, but our offense is simply not good enough to win against the Pack.

Bills: 14 Packers: 24

I'd like to see the offense come out firing on all cylinders and go for broke on the opening possession. Run the no huddle if you have to, but make a statement damn it!!!!! Take the shots downfield; maybe get lucky with some pass interference calls, but loosen up the Packers defense and make them respect the offense. If they go out and play it safe, and not make the adjustments, the the Packers D will eat them alive and we can crawl into Foxboro next week 0-2.

My prediction is a close one, but we still lose:

Packers 24, Bills 17.

I'd come out in the no huddle with an "8 passing play, 2 audible play" offense designed to put up a quick 7 on the board and loosen up the defense for Spillar and Co. to run the ball with success. I'd practice those passing plays in the order they would be called when the game started. If successful, they would be well on their way to having the game close and winnable in the fourth quarter.

We're heading to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. I know lots of you, including me, are saying ****! Ah, just another week in the life of Buffalo Bills fans. Heres my gameplan and prediction.

Offense: We need to run the ball!....

Defense: We need to contain Jermichael Finley....Driver and Jennings....

Final Prediction: ...Bills: 14 Packers: 24

Very good assesment. I'll translate it into a shorter version adding a touch of reality into the mix just for fun:

Packers 42 Bills 3

Reasoning: The Packers are legitimate SB contenders, while the Bills are legitimate 2011 top 5 draft pick contenders, and the game is in Green Bay. :cry: Reality does indeed bite, doesn't it?

Edited by BillsPhan

24-13 Green Bay. We hang in there at 17-13 but the Pack wears down our D and scores a late TD to ice it. Our offense scores 3 more points then it did last week. But we just can't get enough offense going in order to win the game. We see our running game featured much more but while it works at first we just can't pass once they shut down the ground attack.

All in all its a game that is similar to last week but Green Bay has more talent to Miami so they actually put up enough points to make it a two score lead. But our D does show up solid again and we have a little more success in the ground game.

I'd come out in the no huddle with an "8 passing play, 2 audible play" offense designed to put up a quick 7 on the board and loosen up the defense for Spillar and Co. to run the ball with success. I'd practice those passing plays in the order they would be called when the game started. If successful, they would be well on their way to having the game close and winnable in the fourth quarter.

:w00t: You should write for Lettermen. That is hillarious. Especially after that C-Gun (short for CRAP-Gun) spread formation Gailey had them start off last week worked so well with Edwards attempting more passes then runs.

"Designed to put up a quick 7"??? What offense are you designing, Mannings' Colts or Bradys' Pats?...perhaps Brees's Saints???

If Gailey sends the Bills offense out in a passing no-huddle offense to start the game against Clay Matthews and his blitzing buddies on the Pack defense in ear-splitting fan-crazed Green Bay with Trent Edwards behind that O-Line, the only thing that design will "put up" is a quick punt, sack - fumble, or defensive TD for Green Bay within the first two minutes of this sorry football game! :doh:

I would give Chan the man more credit if he lined up his offense in a two tight end, 1 wide out 2 back I-formation utilizing the full back leading the I, "designed" to run at least 40 rushes against a stacked defense with up to 9 guys in the box, the entire freakin' game. Even if Morman would need an ice bath in the locker room after the game by punting 14 times, at least the Bills would use up clock and maybe even keep the Packers down to 28 points.

Very good assesment. I'll translate it into a shorter version adding a touch of reality into the mix just for fun:

Packers 42 Bills 3

Reasoning: The Packers are legitimate SB contenders, while the Bills are legitimate 2011 top 5 draft pick contenders, and the game is in Green Bay. :cry: Reality does indeed bite, doesn't it?

Its the NFL there isn't that much of a difference between the best and worst teams. Not saying the Bills will win or that it will be close but just even for a team loaded with talent against a team like ours that is very limited in a lot of ways its still hard to blowout a team by 39 points. Our D is good enough to keep the Pack below 30 and while our offense sucks its likely they can put up 3 FG's or 1 FG and a TD.

Reality sucks like this team but rarely does a team get blown out by 39 points.

Edited by billsfan89

Wow. Being a Packers fan I know the Packers have some weak spots. Perhaps you are overestimating them.

If the Bills O-line can pick up the blitzes protecting the QB and the QB can be accurate downfield your chances improve. Don't try to run the ball. Last season the Packers defense was #2 overall in the NFL and #1 against the run.

The Bills best chance is by throwing the ball a lot and hoping to get into a shoot out type game.

Wow. Being a Packers fan I know the Packers have some weak spots. Perhaps you are overestimating them.

If the Bills O-line can pick up the blitzes protecting the QB and the QB can be accurate downfield your chances improve. Don't try to run the ball. Last season the Packers defense was #2 overall in the NFL and #1 against the run.

The Bills best chance is by throwing the ball a lot and hoping to get into a shoot out type game.

Appreciate the optimism, but the Bill's O-line couldn't stop the four down lineman that Miami rushed. Maybe Chan put something in the water this week to make the O-line more stout?

Youch! You may be right, but the Bills don't seem capable of playing that kind of game. Our QB has never had a 300 yard performance. The OL is not ready. The Bills have not won a shoot-out type game in a long long time. Off the top of my head, you'd have to go back to the Drew Bledsoe's first year in Buffalo.

The Packers look pretty damn strong overall. I'm hoping for some lucky bounces and maybe the Bills pull off an upset this week. After that, I wish your team well. I kind of hope they come out on top of the NFC.

:thumbsup:

Its the NFL there isn't that much of a difference between the best and worst teams. Not saying the Bills will win or that it will be close but just even for a team loaded with talent against a team like ours that is very limited in a lot of ways its still hard to blowout a team by 39 points. Our D is good enough to keep the Pack below 30 and while our offense sucks its likely they can put up 3 FG's or 1 FG and a TD.

Reality sucks like this team but rarely does a team get blown out by 39 points.

Yea! We won't get blown out by 39 points! The team's on the rise. This one will be ugly. We will show some improvement in one area I predict: we won't give up two points on a safety this week. Talkn' proud.

Cali Cheese Head is right, Your best weapon is our best defense. The games we lost last year weren't to teams with good run games, they were shootouts that took target of our young secondary. Even the Viking's AP didn't get 100 yard against us. I love the bills, and want spiller to be great, but I just dont see it happening until the Oline gets fixed.

I think 20 of the first 24 plays should be dump-offs to RB's from out of the Shotgun. Then I like confusing the Pack by taking a couple safeties to soften them up.

Final score:

Buffalo: 3

Green Bay: AA

(Due to running out of space on the scoreboard, the Pack will switch to letter combinations.)

On the plus side I'm definitely making it to week 3 in my elimination league.

I was out of my elimination challenge week 1. I went with the Chargers over the Chiefs.

I think you people would not be so pesimistic about the game if you visited some Packers boards and looked at their concerns about the game. They are not buying into all the media hype like the NFL network's Bills at Packers video:

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Playbook-Packers-vs-Bills/17272fd4-6cdb-4b6e-8774-6fb2bf114c75

I'll be the first one to tell you the Packers were just plain lucky that Aaron Rodgers was still on the board at #24 in the 2005 draft.