Hey you!!

R. Rich

Guest Go Irish!..........Please, J
Maybe they are waiting out for Charlie Weis.  Notre Dame is in deep trouble any way they go.  Isn't national signing day Feb 6th?  Looks like another losing season for the Irish.  :devil:

148489[/snapback]

If they feel like waiting until February possibly for a new coach then I guess he is their man. That will jump start their recruiting, eh?

I was watching ESPN on Sunday. I believe it was Chris Fowler who said that ND has basically been turned down by at least 7 people so far.

The AD and boosters need a reality check. ND football basically became a B program 10 years ago. The fact that they have a fat NBC deal blinds them to the reality of it all. Recruits could care less about the history and choose other schools. The Willingham firing confirms the arrogance of the power elite at ND. They thought Urban Meyer was a slam dunk. While that egg was still fresh on their face, multiple other Coaches were called, ( Mariucci, Ferentz etc. ) and all passed. Now ND is hoping the Boise St. coach will be interested. Boise St. !

I see many 4-5 loss seasons for ND. They're in denial about their status among the giants of college football, of which they are no longer a memeber of. If you can't recruit, you can't compete.

Update : Irsih contacted Bobby Petrino of Louisville Monday night, who also said NO. ( according to EPSN News)  He announced he's staying at Louisville and not looking at other jobs.

It just keeps getting better and better for ND.

150827[/snapback]

Actually, Petrino is a good candidate to look into. He's coached in both college and the pros and has done well. I'm glad he's staying at Louisville. They're a few defensive playmakers away from really making things interesting. Their offense, his specialty, is outstanding.

Actually, Petrino is a good candidate to look into.  He's coached in both college and the pros and has done well.  I'm glad he's staying at Louisville.  They're a few defensive playmakers away from really making things interesting.  Their offense, his specialty, is outstanding.

151681[/snapback]

Dan Hawkins of Boise St. Just signed a 5 year extension and is staying in Idaho.

Another " NO " answer . :(

Plan #11 ( the first 10 failed ) has the Bills Tom Clements, O'Brien of BC and Pats OC Charlie Weis on the " Please Coach us, we're begging ! " list.

Dan Hawkins of Boise St. Just signed a 5 year extension and is staying in Idaho.

Another " NO " answer .  :(

Plan #11 ( the first 10 failed ) has the Bills Tom Clements, O'Brien of BC and Pats OC Charlie Weis on the " Please Coach us, we're begging ! " list.

151783[/snapback]

They did a really nice piece on Hawkins during the La Tech-Boise State game. It talked about how he uses philosophy in his coaching. He seems like a really unique guy. I do know that his players love playing for him, so whatever methods he uses, they work.

Actually, Petrino is a good candidate to look into.  He's coached in both college and the pros and has done well.  I'm glad he's staying at Louisville.  They're a few defensive playmakers away from really making things interesting.  Their offense, his specialty, is outstanding.

151681[/snapback]

Have you watched them much? They're joining the Big East for football next season along w/ other Conf-USA teams. They were #8 in the polls, so obviously they're good.... Might bring back some respectability after UM, VT, and BC defected.

I think ND has talked about joining the BE in the past but they just haven't. I would imagine the BE offered to let them keep their deal w/ NBC.... It's probably b/c they want to keep their schedule wide open to play big-name schools from all over. Which is the best way to end up with losing seasons in this day and age of growing talent parity, so if you're a masochist, ND's your team!

I'd love for Weis to go there. Gets rid of the Patriette's O scheme-man and prevents him from going to the Dolphags at the same time.

:doh:

Butch Davis and Whinestadt are still available. Maybe they should also check if O'Leary updated his resume. BWAH-HAHAHA.

148393[/snapback]

rofl, THE Mister O'Leary, the only man who could take the University of Central Florida and make them so bad in one year that they lose to the UB BULLS! :D

Word is that Weis has an interview scheduled for the ND job for either Fri. or Sat.

1. He's an alum

B. maybe there's another reason he hasn't gotten a shot at being a HC in the NFL besides not being able to interview earlier. Maybe he needs to prove he can be successful out from under BB's wing? Maybe there's concerns with his health?

I'd like to have Clements stay for the sake of continuity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.