Watching the Jets

Because top coaches and players do not want to be in f ing buffalo, ny when other opportunities exist. It is as simple as that . Sad but true. B lo is a place you leave, not one you willingly come to, unless you have nowhere else to go in the NFL where you can either be a starter as a player or be head coach (see Jauron, Stroud, Owens, Gailey, Dwan edwards, drayton florence, etc etc) Real talent comes only from the draft. Of course , since the front office is second rate (see reasons above), they suck at drafting as well. Just telling it like it is.

Then again, Buffalo is an intriguing prospect for coaches who want to build up a reputation for turning around bad franchises. I remember this guy Bill Polian who had the same idea. Granted, we're in a different era now, but it's still doable.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Jets team people were watching last night. But I am not so scared of that offense. Hell, everyone knew Sanchez could either go up or down and frankly he wasn't that good last year either. Last night, he sucked.

Oh and does anyone really hear ESPN bashing Sanchez, Schaub or Cassel? They all had worse numbers than Edwards.

I'd leave Schaub out of that. They didn't need him to pass to win, as Arian Foster absolutly railroaded The Colts. Besides Schaub I believe led the NFL in passing yards last year. He'll have plenty of those fancy stat games than fantasy geeks eat up. Matt Cassel,Mark Sanchez,Trent Edwards those were all typical performances. Sanchez was terrible last year, and he was terrible in pre season, and he's starting the year terrible. What exactly made that guy a top 5 pick I've yet to figure out.

At this point the guy is so shell shocked, he's simply afraid to take any kind of chance that could result in a pick. What anyone sees in this guy is beyond explanation. Yeah he deserves the year, but he's approaching epic bust status. Matt Cassel is also pretty awful. The Chiefs won with a gutsy effort by their special teams, and defense, and the luck of Chargers wr's falling down. They're not gonna turn any corner with that guy behind center anytime soon. The Bills basically have a younger Matt Cassel. A qb who can't connect deep, and primary reaction is to dump down, or take a sack. They have a lot of building to do on both sides of the ball, and there's nothing to do about it this year, but qb should be dealt with in the offseason, and not via the current roster.

To your original point though. The Jets offense is brutal. I watched them quite a bit in the preseason, and hard knocks, and paid attention via the local media and fan websites. They've had issues at guard,rt,Sancez. Calvin Pace out the first few weeks, same for santonio holmes. Dustin Keller is a bum, and their qb is either yelling at Brian Schott, or audibiling out of the called plays. He's shell shocked, and looks like he'd rather just curl back inside. He'll be their undoing

Their offense doesn't scare me. It's that D. Damned Rex Ryan. How is it that we can't land a coach of THAT caliber. Chan Gailey my ass.

Thats what Ralph has created, a total and complete mess. There are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the world. More scarce than presidents, but nobody good wants our job. We are so pathetic we couldnt beg enough to get a good coach. Shanahan and McNabb-given those 2 people we could have been good this year. Instead we got Cornhole Green and Gailey-way to go Buddy and Ralph, you guys rock. So glad I have supported the club for over 30 years. Man am I getting bitter, the Bills are bad for my blood pressure.

Yeah, problem is when they play us they'll not give up a first down. Who needs to sub, then?

Do you even like the Bills? It doesn't really seem like you get any enjoyment out of being a fan of the Bills, which I can understand, but it makes me question what exactly you're doing here.

Thats what Ralph has created, a total and complete mess. There are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the world. More scarce than presidents, but nobody good wants our job. We are so pathetic we couldnt beg enough to get a good coach. Shanahan and McNabb-given those 2 people we could have been good this year. Instead we got Cornhole Green and Gailey-way to go Buddy and Ralph, you guys rock. So glad I have supported the club for over 30 years. Man am I getting bitter, the Bills are bad for my blood pressure.

You seem rather disappointed in the team. That's a shame.

He's been one of my favorite non-Bills players for a while now. The guy is a pure football player and he's the heart and soul of that D. Players of his ilk don't come along very often. Love watching the dude play ball! :thumbsup:

He's got enough swagger to carry his team. 15yr vet and plays at a level most 3rd year guys try to achive. Unbelievable...