Gailey praised D Bell in press conference

I am not sure what the love affair with D Bell is. Coach said he really battled out there and stayed on the field more than they thought he would.

What does that mean? I watched the game. I saw one really bad play where Spiller got dumped for a 4 yard loss because of him but I don't think he gave up any sacks.

If he can get 100% healthy I believe the coaches feel he is our starting LT for years to come. What is it about him that DJ loved and now CG loves. Can someone explain this to me?

I am not sure what the love affair with D Bell is. Coach said he really battled out there and stayed on the field more than they thought he would.

What does that mean? I watched the game. I saw one really bad play where Spiller got dumped for a 4 yard loss because of him but I don't think he gave up any sacks.

If he can get 100% healthy I believe the coaches feel he is our starting LT for years to come. What is it about him that DJ loved and now CG loves. Can someone explain this to me?

I don't know but if he proves to be a legit LT by end of the year, that will go a looong way to improving in 2011.

I don't know but if he proves to be a legit LT by end of the year, that will go a looong way to improving in 2011.

I agree and I am rooting for him too but the board is always killing the guy. If he can become consistent and healthy than all we will need

is a RT and a guard to replace Wood who will be our Center next year and we may have a winner!

Edited by Chris in Syracuse

To me it seemed like the topic of conversation at the time was injury. I am not so sure Chan was praising his play so much as he was commenting on how pleased he was that he battled through the game while not being completely healthy. That's just how it came across to me...

To me it seemed like the topic of conversation at the time was injury. I am not so sure Chan was praising his play so much as he was commenting on how pleased he was that he battled through the game while not being completely healthy. That's just how it came across to me...

That is a very good explanation. I guess he can't come out and see "Even though D Bell sucked, he at least sucked on the field longer than we expected."

They love the fact he won't be demanding LT money anytime soon! I wish the best for the kid.

+1 :thumbsup:

Though not sure about it anymore...The moment he will transform into a decent tackle, he will want Jason Peters money (because the real reason is that he wants to get out of Buffalo).

They love the fact he won't be demanding LT money anytime soon! I wish the best for the kid.

Not that I don't like the kid, but he has not been on the field long enough to determine if he is a long term answer at LT. He definitely is not a short term answer.

After one particularly bad play by Bell, Steve Tasker commented that's why left tackles get paid so well. My thought was exactly, you get what you pay for.

His pass blocking was adequate, his in-line run blocking was below average- not a complete embarrassment as an NFL player- I remember the glory day when there was seven or eight Bills that you could have fun arguments about where in the top five at their position they should be rated. Now we argue about if our players are complete and utter failures or if they are serviceable journeymen.

His pass blocking was adequate, his in-line run blocking was below average- not a complete embarrassment as an NFL player- I remember the glory day when there was seven or eight Bills that you could have fun arguments about where in the top five at their position they should be rated. Now we argue about if our players are complete and utter failures or if they are serviceable journeymen.

Sad but very true!

Not that I don't like the kid, but he has not been on the field long enough to determine if he is a long term answer at LT. He definitely is not a short term answer.

After one particularly bad play by Bell, Steve Tasker commented that's why left tackles get paid so well. My thought was exactly, you get what you pay for.

It is a catch 22. It seems when they are underpaid they play super hard like Peters. You show them the money and they digress. I think that one play really shows that he doesn't have enough trust in his knee to really buckle down and finish a block or at least keep it longer than 1/2 a second.

I'm sure he wasn't interested in getting into a discussion about how TERRIBAD Cornell Green is.

He has class. Why call out your players? Behind closed doors I hope he rips Green a new one.

He tried to find something positive to say about his Oline. I guess Bell battling was the best he could come up with.

At todays press conference I am sure he will have enough time to think of something else.