Yes Sir, Chan Gailey - "Super Offensive Genius"

BillsPhan

This team is in desperate need of a bonified signal caller, and the jury is going to be out until Trent Edwards is in the rear view mirror! The defense played well today, but as is the case for 10 years now, only one phase (sometimes two) show up and that will lose you football games. I mentioned this in another post, but was there a Jairus Byrd sighting today??

Edited by Bflojohn

So Chan Gailey is an offensive whiz who coaches to his players strengths, huh? :w00t:

Chan Gailey believes in "toughness and discipline". He will run the football, and coach Trent Edwards up enough to allow him to finally succeed. Yes siree.

The O-Line strength is in the middle and run blocking, and their major weakness as we all know, is pass blocking, right??

Freddy Jackson, C.J. Spiller and Marshawn Lynch would carry the offense while Edwards would take advantage of Gailey's offensive mind with high percentage passes down the field - good old fashioned ball control offense, right???

Now on to the reality:

Gailey called: 17 running plays and 34 passing plays.

Somewhere out there Dick Jauron, Turk Shoenert and Alex Van Pelt are laughing their asses of. :beer:

You seem to be quite pleased by all this. But let me ask you this one question. By this ONE game, you got Gailey pegged for the season? I just cant believe some of you super pessimistic guys, yea billsphan thats you, which really sounds like an oximoron to me, but i just can't believe how some of you react. One game and all your predictions are proved correct? Give me a freakin break. If you were SO sure we were gonna suck, why are you so surprised today that we lost this game?

This team is in desperate need of a bonified signal caller, and the jury is going to be out until Trent Edwards is in the rear view mirror! The defense played well today, but as is the case for 10 years now, only one phase (sometimes two) show up and that will lose you football games. I mentioned this in another post, but was there a Jairus Byrd sighting today??

Nope. Because Henne never threw deep.

So Chan Gailey is an offensive whiz who coaches to his players strengths, huh? :w00t:

Chan Gailey believes in "toughness and discipline". He will run the football, and coach Trent Edwards up enough to allow him to finally succeed. Yes siree.

The O-Line strength is in the middle and run blocking, and their major weakness as we all know, is pass blocking, right??

Freddy Jackson, C.J. Spiller and Marshawn Lynch would carry the offense while Edwards would take advantage of Gailey's offensive mind with high percentage passes down the field - good old fashioned ball control offense, right???

Now on to the reality:

Gailey called: 17 running plays and 34 passing plays.

Somewhere out there Dick Jauron, Turk Shoenert and Alex Van Pelt are laughing their asses of. :beer:

I dont think anybody in there right mind thought that we where going to come out and light it up, or for that matter win more than 4-5 games. The Defense looked pretty tough, we didnt have many penalties at all which shows discipline. We just dont have the talent Edwards still has to confidence in throwing the ball downfield. I dont believe Marshawn and Freddy where 100% which is why you mainly saw spiller all day. The reasons why we passed so much was 1.) we never had the lead, which forces you to pass, especially in a 2 minute drill 2.) The Dolphins stacked the line to make us beat them with the pass, which our passing game is so pathetic we still couldnt get it going. I understand Gailey was suppose to coach to Edwards strength but all recievers cannot be a checkdown reciever. If he cannot get anything more out of Trent by week #4 and does not bench him then I will be here ripping on Gailey but now is not the time.

We couldn't run....

B.S. - when a head coach who calls his own plays runs only 17 lousy times the entire game with three good running backs, out of a shot gun formation most of the time where his OL has their elbows resting on their knees in half stances instead of being down low in full stances, that head coach has decided to "trick" the other team by passing more then running.

New coach, new coach-speak, same old garbage on game day. I know it's only one game, but you only have on chance to make a good first impression, and instead of just lining up with Edwards taking snaps from the line of scrimmage and running 34 times with 17 passes mixed in, like Gailey basically promised the fans he would do with his "run-first" preaching, he allowed his big ego to rule the day. It was more important to him to be able to spread out the offense and have Edwards run out of the shot gun all day then to establish C.J. Spiller right from the first play.

You seem to be quite pleased by all this. But let me ask you this one question. By this ONE game, you got Gailey pegged for the season? I just cant believe some of you super pessimistic guys, yea billsphan thats you, which really sounds like an oximoron to me, but i just can't believe how some of you react. One game and all your predictions are proved correct? Give me a freakin break. If you were SO sure we were gonna suck, why are you so surprised today that we lost this game?

I'm pleased by all this? No, I'm very pissed off at the way Gailey allowed this winnable game to slip away and also in the process ruined a terrific game played by his defense. Now let me answer just "this one" and the other two questions you ask above:

(1): Of course I don't have Gailey "pegged" for the season. Where exactly did I say that?? This one post was about this one first game of the season. What, am I supposed to wait the entire 16 games before I'm allowed to make comments about Chan Gailey??

Question (2): No, my predictions were certainly not proven correct after this one game. How stupid I was, to predict the Bills to come out in a power running mode and for "Earth, Wind and Fire" to combine for at least 150 rushing yards on 25 to 30 carries. Chan certainly had me fooled, huh??

(3): I was certainly NOT sure "we" were gonna suck. I thought the Bills would play a good game, but lose it in the 4th quarter by making one more mistake then the more talented and experienced Dolphins made. I had no idea Gailey would make it so easy for the Dolphins to win a game they only scored 15 lousy points. I had no idea the Bills defense would play well enough that Gailey and his offensive mind should have won this game going away.

You may think my BillsPhan screen name is an "oxymoron" all you want, but I am a die hard Bills fan, and Chan Gailey and his game plan (for this one game), ended up being the moron today!