The Official TSW Playoff Scenario Thread

Once again, this is all conditional on the Bills winning the rest of their games. If they lose even 1, due to their horrid AFC record (3-6), the outside help they'll need gets ridiculous to the point that it's no longer worth keeping a playoff scenario tracker.

In order for the Bills to make the playoffs, they will need 3 of the following 4 scenarios to occur for the #6 seed, all 4 to occur for the #5 seed:

1. Jets lose at least 3 games (one of them MUST be the Patriots)

2. Ravens lose at least 2 games

3. Broncos lose at least 2 games

4. Jags lose at least 1 game

Full remaining schedule breakdown of who to root for:

(*** - critical, must-win Bills games)

(* - games that directly, i.e. mathematically, affect our playoff chances at this time)

(NOTE: I may have to make a couple changes to our Week 16 + 17 favorites if the Chargers and/or Colts start tanking while the Broncos and/or Jags start surging, respectively...neither are very likely, though, so take 'er easy)

Week 14:

1pm games:

Bills (H) over Browns ***

Bears over Jags (H) *

EDIT: Pats (H) over Bengals

Texans (H) over Colts

Giants over Ravens (H) *

4pm games:

Steelers (H) over Jets *

Bucs over Chargers (H)

Fins over Broncos (H) *

Week 15:

Saturday games:

Steelers over Giants (H)

1pm games:

Bills over Bengals (H) ***

Chiefs (H) over Broncos *

Seahawks over Jets (H) *

Browns (H) over Chargers

4pm games:

Packers (H) over Jags *

Sunday night game:

Colts (H) over Ravens *

Monday night game:

Dolphins (H) over Patriots

Week 16:

Saturday games:

Titans (H) over Broncos *

1pm games:

Steelers (H) over Ravens *

Texans over Jags (H) *

Chargers vs. Colts (H) - too early to choose sides, really

4pm games:

Bills over 49ers (H) ***

Patriots over Jets (H) *

Week 17

1pm games:

Bills (H) over Steelers ***

Fins over Ravens (H) *

Rams (H) over Jets *

49ers over Patriots (H)

4pm games:

Chiefs over Chargers (H)

Raiders (H) over Jags *

Colts over Broncos (H) *

I'll keep updating each week as long as we keep on winning... ;);)

I think the idea is for the Steelers to have home field wrapped up by the time they play us.

Bearing that in mind: they don't have to; but it would be nice.

Why do the Bengals need to beat the pats?

147892[/snapback]

They don't he just believes it would be in our best interest so Pittsburgh rests their starters in week 17. Either result works fine for me, if I could pick I think it would be best if the Bengals lost. If they got their playoff hopes crushed then it may make our game that week a easier one. If they beat the Patriots the Bengals would have some serious MO going into the Bills game.

Why do the Bengals need to beat the pats?

147892[/snapback]

That outcome will best help the Steelers wrap up the #1 seed before they play us in the final game, thus making it easier for us to beat them and go 10-6 for the season.

We want the Steelers ranked above the Pats in playoff seeding because we need the Steelers' help anyway in beating the Ravens and Jets; meanwhile, we only need the Pats to beat the Jets.

I think the idea is for the Steelers to have home field wrapped up by the time they play us.

Bearing that in mind: they don't have to; but it would be nice.

147895[/snapback]

I keep saying this.....Who friggin cares if the Steelers have it wrapped up? I want a playoff like game at the Ralph in the last week.

Since we wouldn't get a home playoff game anyway, I want the Steelers at full strength, with both teams laying it on the line for playoff purposes. The place will be rocking!

They don't.  As a matter of fact, we probably should be rooting for the Pats to beat the Bung-Holes and knock them out before we get them.

Beating them up physically a little bit wouldn't hurt either!

147896[/snapback]

I agree with you VA. I would rather have Cincy eliminated this week than worry about Pittsburgh. If the Bills had to go into Pitt on 1/2 then I would be singing a different tune.

But if the Bills are 9-6 heading into the Pittsburgh game there is NO WAY the Bills will lose regardless of whether or not Pitt plays their starters. Playing a playoff game at home will be too much for the Steelers to overcome. I say bring it on.

I agree with you VA. I would rather have Cincy eliminated this week than worry about Pittsburgh. If the Bills had to go into Pitt on 1/2 then I would be singing a different tune.

But if the Bills are 9-6 heading into the Pittsburgh game there is NO WAY the Bills will lose regardless of whether or not Pitt plays their starters. Playing a playoff game at home will be too much for the Steelers to overcome. I say bring it on.

147902[/snapback]

Yes it will. And not only that......but I keep saying this also......

We would have an incredible streak going. Not only that, we match up very well vs. Pittsburgh, esp at home.

They WILL NOT run on our defense. If the weather is bad, let me see Big Ben win, what will essentially be his first playoff game, on the road, in hostile conditions.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

God, I wish the pansies would quit ducking the Steelers at full strength. Gimme Pittsburgh's best, at full strength, for all the marbles.

How sweet it will be!

Yes it will.  And not only that......but I keep saying this also......

We would have an incredible streak going.  Not only that, we match up very well vs. Pittsburgh, esp at home. 

They WILL NOT run on our defense.  If the weather is bad, let me see Big Ben win, what will essentially be his first playoff game, on the road, in hostile conditions. 

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

God, I wish the pansies would quit ducking the Steelers at full strength. Gimme Pittsburgh's best, at full strength, for all the marbles.

How sweet it will be!

147907[/snapback]

I'm with ya. Especially since there is a chance even at 10-6 the Bills won't make the playoffs. That would mean playing Pitt at full strength would be our only playoff game and it would be so sweet to win it.

I'm with ya. Especially since there is a chance even at 10-6 the Bills won't make the playoffs. That would mean playing Pitt at full strength would be our only playoff game and it would be so sweet to win it.

147910[/snapback]

Hell yes man. Easily will be the game of the week nationally too. God, that's all I want. Even if we don't make the playoffs.....I want the Steelers at 9-6.

Would be a hell of a Christmas present. The Bengals game looms large though. Very large!

147902[/snapback]

While I agree with both of you on your opinion of the final game of the season (if we have won 6 straight and 9 of 11 coming back to The Ralph, the Steelers are the ones who will be the underdogs...), why NOT make the road to the playoffs a little easier? That's all I'm saying when I have us rooting for the Steelers to wrap up the #1 seed.

Also, please note that the Bengals CANNOT be eliminated after next week, win or lose to the Pats. So basically, they will be playing their little hearts out against us no matter what in Week 15.

While I agree with both of you on your opinion of the final game of the season (if we have won 6 straight and 9 of 11 coming back to The Ralph, the Steelers are the ones who will be the underdogs...), why NOT make the road to the playoffs a little easier? That's all I'm saying when I have us rooting for the Steelers to wrap up the #1 seed.

Also, please note that the Bengals CANNOT be eliminated after next week, win or lose to the Pats. So basically, they will be playing their little hearts out against us no matter what in Week 15.

147913[/snapback]

If they lose to the Pats that would put them at 6-7. 7 loses will eliminate them from almost every possible scenario.

Plus if they win they will be ROLLING on a two game win streak over two tough teams. And given how bad the Bills tend to be on the road, I would rather face a deflated Cincy team on the road than a second string Steeler team at the Ralph.

You know?

147913[/snapback]

Because, we want them at full strength to see a great game, and a juiced atmosphere. I'd rather beat Pittsburgh at FS, rather than beat Pitt's scrubs and then lose to Indy in the playoffs. Then, all we'll hear is how we only beat them because they didn't play their best guys. SCREW THAT.

PLUS, imagine the confidence it might give us to go on the road the next week.

No, the Bengals won't OFFICIALLY be eliminated. But with 7 losses, they'll have no chance! Everyone knows that. The wild cards, regardless who they are, will most likely be at least 10-6.

If they lose to the Pats that would put them at 6-7. 7 loses will eliminate them from almost every possible scenario.

Plus if they win they will be ROLLING on a two game win streak over two tough teams. And given how bad the Bills tend to be on the road, I would rather face a deflated Cincy team on the road than a second string Steeler team at the Ralph.

You know?

147916[/snapback]

Exactly!

You know?

147916[/snapback]

You make a very good point. If the Bengals beat the Pats away, then even Mr. Spikes will be stevestojanning in his pants for the Week 15 matchup.

Thanks for the input, guys. I've edited that matchup in my list above...

You make a very good point. If the Bengals beat the Pats away, then even Mr. Spikes will be stevestojanning in his pants for the Week 15 matchup.

Thanks for the input, guys. I've edited that matchup in my list above...

147928[/snapback]

Hey man, not much wrong with your logic either........I just want the Steelers BAD. I know we can beat them.

But yeah, I do want the Bengals reeling a little bit before they play us. Wins over the Ravens and Pats is some serious MO!

Don't forget that, even if the Steeler game is meaningful, and we beat them to make the playoffs, there is the real possibility that we'd go on the road (maybe even the following week) to play them in Pittsburgh.

Don't forget that, even if the Steeler game is meaningful, and we beat them to make the playoffs, there is the real possibility that we'd go on the road (maybe even the following week) to play them in Pittsburgh.

147939[/snapback]

Wow, that would probably mean that the Colts would have passed them. And I'll tell you what.....NO ONE is beating the Colts in the dome. Not even NE!

Wow, that would probably mean that the Colts would have passed them.  And I'll tell you what.....NO ONE is beating the Colts in the dome.  Not even NE!

147942[/snapback]

Well, that's "maybe even the following week". Not necessarily, but it could happen eventually.

Wow, that would probably mean that the Colts would have passed them.  And I'll tell you what.....NO ONE is beating the Colts in the dome.  Not even NE!

147942[/snapback]

Call me crazy (and I am) but I think the Bills would have a good shot vs Indy in the dome in the playoffs.

First, because if that were to happen it would mean the Bills would have run the table and will have won 10 of their last 12 games. (talk about hot)

Second, our offense could shred Indy's D.

Third, our defense would be a handful for the Colts, I don't care how hot Manning is.

I'm not saying the Bills would definitely win (I'm not THAT crazy) but I think the Bills would have the best shot of beating Indy in Indy outside of NE.

Call me crazy (and I am) but I think the Bills would have a good shot vs Indy in the dome in the playoffs.

First, because if that were to happen it would mean the Bills would have run the table and will have won 10 of their last 12 games. (talk about hot)

Third, our defense would be a handful for the Colts, I don't care how hot Manning is.

I'm not saying the Bills would definitely win (I'm not THAT crazy) but I think the Bills would have the best shot of beating Indy in Indy outside of NE.

147948[/snapback]

T-Man.....here's where I'd jump off of the bandwagon. Sorry to say.....IMO.....I'd personally take the Colts, straight up, in a huge bet, and I'd give Buffalo 9.5 points.

No way we'd come close in this one. We woudn't be ready. I can see the crowd noise, and the false starts, resulting in sacks, and penalties.

Take the Colts, and lay whatever that line would be!

T-Man.....here's where I'd jump off of the bandwagon.  Sorry to say.....IMO.....I'd personally take the Colts, straight up, in a huge bet, and I'd give Buffalo 9.5 points.

No way we'd come close in this one.  We woudn't be ready.  I can see the crowd noise, and the false starts, resulting in sacks, and penalties.

Take the Colts, and lay whatever that line would be!

147950[/snapback]

Like I said, I know I'm crazy ;)

Just give us the chance to see that game though! ;)

147948[/snapback]

And don't forget we have the #1 special teams unit in the NFL...special teams could be the X factor in any tight playoff game. Plus, in a dome, even Rian friggin Lindell could make a few critical field goals beyond 35 yds.

And don't forget we have the #1 special teams unit in the NFL...special teams could be the X factor in any tight playoff game. Plus, in a dome, even Rian friggin Lindell could make a few critical field goals beyond 35 yds.

147953[/snapback]

Amen!

Also, throw in Manning's uncanny ability to choke in big games. ;)