Shawn Nelson Suspension

bills in va

hey guys i am working for carmadee.com along with my youtube show. My boss, Carma, interviewed shawn recently (http://www.carmadee....-interview.html) and this is what he said regarding the topic:

Thanks for that. I always wondered what "the rumor" was that Nelson referred to. I still have never heard that rumor, except now, from Nelson.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that. I always wondered what "the rumor" was that Nelson referred to. I still have never heard that rumor, except now, from Nelson.

there were a couple geniuses here that speculated. I'm sure each of these bills boards a couple people speculated that he was the next ricky williams.

there were a couple geniuses here that speculated. I'm sure each of these bills boards a couple people speculated that he was the next ricky williams.

Fortunately I missed those very insightful posts.

What makes me skeptical about why he was suspended is that he hasn't said what the substance was. The NFL drug testing program does not permit the NFL to disclose the drug involved to the public, but they are required to disclose it to the player. There is nothing preventing the player from disclosing what the alleged banned substance was. If it was in fact some type of supplement, there is nothing preventing Nelson from coming out and saying what it was. He hasn't yet, which makes me think that it was not a supplement and was actually an illegal substance. Another point is that you are not suspended for your first violation of the policy, but only your second. So he used banned substances and/or illegal substances twice. If it was a supplement the first time, you would think that he would be especially careful in the future. I want to believe that he didn't use anything illegal. I'd also like to believe in Santa Claus.

There is nothing preventing the player from disclosing what the alleged banned substance was. If it was in fact some type of supplement, there is nothing preventing Nelson from coming out and saying what it was.

Really? Nothing? No peer pressure? No pressure from the NFL or the team? No rule? How can you be so positive? Please present your PROOF for this statement.