NYTimes NFL Preview (Gailey comment)

slyng1

That quote is way off. Gailey has been calling a very good offensive game plan. His play selection has been excellent, he's gotten everyone involved and there's a good mix of run and pass in there.

Agreed.

They are moving the chains. They are scoring. Scoring more than field goals, too.

They have an identity. For the first time in a decade, they have an identity.

Obviously within media circles it's in vogue to be dismissive of the 2010 Bills, but that means almost nothing. It's all about what happens in between the white lines.

I think it's clear that we have better coaching this year, a real offensive identity and philosophy, and some weapons that the coaches know how to use and that teams need to account for. With better luck injury wise, there is no real reason to think the Bills can't be competitive every week.

It cracks me up how writers, reporters, and the like who have no clue about the Bills whatsoever are jumping on the doom-train...Don't get me wrong...They may turn out to be right...But it's not going to be due to any actual knowledge about the Team... B-)

That's the truth, man.

My favorite piece of useless banter used by these bozos is the whole 'strength of schedule' claptrap.

It starts about how this team or that team will have a tougher year or easier year because of the wins and losses from this years opponents. Only issue is that these stats come from LAST YEAR.

Then, when the season starts, they cover their butt by explaining away that last years teams have fallen, risen, etc., and that this year such and such team is a 'surprise' etc. They revise their strength of schedule arguments without batting an eye that they were wrong at the outset. Wouldn't it be nice to hear that just once? "Hey guys, I'm a total moron. I should not be attempting to predict the future based on the past. I had predicted that Cincinnati would win it all because they had the easiest schedule from LAST YEARS records. Whoops!"

It's all garbage designed to simply sell magazines, papers, etc. Its all based on sensational crap, trying to make names for themselves, with no actual facts, but everything based on opinion.

Edited by Red

This is what I thought when I read this as well. What gadget plays???

I thought the author might be speaking from past observation of Gailey at Dallas, GTech, and KC.

Anyone have some info on what gadget plays Gailey pulled there?

In preseason, all I can think is the wildcat (once? or did they show it twice?) and the "elephant".

Both of those are sorta trendy and sometimes called innovative - at least when other teams run them?