Colts release OT Adam Terry

Maddog69

Adam Schefter tweeted that Indy released OT Adam Terry but would like to bring him back after week 1 so his salary would not be guaranteed for the year. Buffalo should be on the phone with his agent right now. He would add solid depth at OT. This is exactly the type of player the Bills should be looking at. Sign him and find another guy like him to back up at G/C and I would be a lot less worried about the OL.

Terry would be a great addition, (if he is healthy enough and can stay that way, I am sure the colts have some concern about that) he would be a starter on our team. I have a read the Colts are just trying to get him on the cheap because he needs time to mend and they have semi-decent players that they can move around already to make up for his back up role.

He would be worth the contract he has now IMO 660,000 I think I read somewhere (again if he's healthy enough).

He could come in here for a back up role and we could at last get rid of Chambers. He would be a 100xs better.

He is not old he was drafted 2nd round 2005.

You know, count me in on this one. I can echo the sentiments about wanting him when he came out of college.

He's played for a couple of winning franchises, and if he needs time to heal, the Bills can give him that. They could certainly use him as depth and to push the starters in the long-term. When healthy, I like him better than Green on this roster. And I certainly like our depth a whole lot more with Terry in the equation, than with Jamon Meredith's one year of "experience" leading the group of backups. (It's scary just typing that!) Plus, "local" boy, sort of...

From ESPN/ Scouts Inc regarding the Colts' offseason:

The Colts want to be more physical up front, but still, I think Terry is the guy in this group who fits in best with what they do. He as [sic] a smart player who is more of a white-collar trench man rather than a real mauler. But he isn’t as nimble or quick as most want for the left tackle spot and isn’t a pile mover for the right side. But in Indianapolis, where Manning makes all those around him appear better than they are, he might be a real nice addition, even if it is only as the No. 3 offensive tackle on the depth chart.

Not a ringing endorsement, but not bad either.

Full link be here.