53 Man Roster and Practice Squad

jwhit34

Here's my projected roster, practice squad and candidates to be dropped in favor of waiver wire pickups:

53 Man Roster

QB - Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm

RB - Spiller, Jackson, Lynch, Bell

FB - McIntyre

OL - D. Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green, Meredith, Wang, Chambers, Howard

TE - Stupar, Schouman, Foschi

WR - Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Jackson

DL - Stroud, Williams, Edwards, Troup, Carrington, Johnson,

LB - Poz, Davis, Ellis, Kelsay, Maybin, Torbor, Moats, Coleman, Mitchell

CB - McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty

S - Whitner, Byrd, Scott, Wilson, C. Harris

ST - Moorman, Lindell, Sanborn

Practice Squad: Levi Brown, Rashaad Duncan, Dominique Harris, N. Roosevelt, D. Jones, K. Calloway, L. Harvey

Guys to be replaced by free agent pickups: Chambers, Foschi

Notable cuts: Keith Ellison, John McCargo, James Hardy, Chad Simpson

We'll know in about 18 hours...

Here's my projected roster, practice squad and candidates to be dropped in favor of waiver wire pickups:

53 Man Roster

QB - Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm

RB - Spiller, Jackson, Lynch, Bell

FB - McIntyre

OL - D. Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green, Meredith, Wang, Chambers, Howard

TE - Stupar, Schouman, Foschi

WR - Evans, Johnson, Parrish, Nelson, Jackson

DL - Stroud, Williams, Edwards, Troup, Carrington, Johnson,

LB - Poz, Davis, Ellis, Kelsay, Maybin, Torbor, Moats, Coleman, Mitchell

CB - McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty

S - Whitner, Byrd, Scott, Wilson, C. Harris

ST - Moorman, Lindell, Sanborn

Practice Squad: Levi Brown, Rashaad Duncan, Dominique Harris, N. Roosevelt, D. Jones, K. Calloway, L. Harvey

Guys to be replaced by free agent pickups: Chambers, Foschi

Notable cuts: Keith Ellison, John McCargo, James Hardy, Chad Simpson

We'll know in about 18 hours...

I think Fitz is gone.

Chan seems to like Brohm

and Levi stay, he probably wouldn't clear the wire.

Foschi is gone Shawn Nelson stays even though he's got the 4 games off.

Hardy I think saved his job Thurs. night.

Like it or not I think Ellison is here another year ,

Moats might make the Practice squad if we don't pick up someBODY else

Chambers should be gone if we can find a warmBODY to replace him.

I could see us keeping Bell and trading you know who before the deadline.

What did you read my roster thread from a couple days ago? Almost the same. I did leave it open in some of my picks tho. I also think right now That some how Ellision is kept. I think after watching the game that the Bills run 34-43, 4-2-5 more than they let on this year. He is also value on STs.

I agree with you that they'll keep Brohm and put Levi Brown on the practice squad. Brown demonstrated against Detroit that he has a long ways to go before he's ready to play in a regular season game.

Foschi will be on the roster for 4 weeks, and then get cut when Shawn Nelson's suspension is up, assuming nobody get's injured in the interim.

It would be ironic if what you suggest happens to Chambers, considering what happened last season.

I'm sure the coaching staff would like to keep both Simpson and Hardy; I'm just don't see how they can do it without compromising too much in some other area.

I don't think they're going to keep Cory Harris. He didn't get any work with the 1s or the 2s in any of the preseason games I watched. Byrd is supposedly going to be ready within the first few weeks. Whitner and Wilson both have experience playing FS. As long as Byrd is inactive, Youboty becomes the "odd man in" in the Sunday 45, and would be taking reps at FS during the week too, I suspect.

I think they keep Ellison over Coleman, and put him on the practice squad instead.

So cutting Harris frees up one roster spot, which I think they give to Hardy. He's too "unique" of a prospect to give up on just yet, IMO. At least give him a chance to compete for playing time when he's actually healthy. With Jackson and Lynch relatively healthy, they already have one "extra" RB who will contribute almost exclusively on special teams unless two RBs get hurt at the same time during the season, so while Chad arguably played well enough to earn a spot on the roster, Bell played that much better and took that spot from him.

I agree with you that they'll keep Brohm and put Levi Brown on the practice squad. Brown demonstrated against Detroit that he has a long ways to go before he's ready to play in a regular season game.

Foschi will be on the roster for 4 weeks, and then get cut when Shawn Nelson's suspension is up, assuming nobody get's injured in the interim.

It would be ironic if what you suggest happens to Chambers, considering what happened last season.

I'm sure the coaching staff would like to keep both Simpson and Hardy; I'm just don't see how they can do it without compromising too much in some other area.

I don't think they're going to keep Cory Harris. He didn't get any work with the 1s or the 2s in any of the preseason games I watched. Byrd is supposedly going to be ready within the first few weeks. Whitner and Wilson both have experience playing FS. As long as Byrd is inactive, Youboty becomes the "odd man in" in the Sunday 45, and would be taking reps at FS during the week too, I suspect.

I think they keep Ellison over Coleman, and put him on the practice squad instead.

So cutting Harris frees up one roster spot, which I think they give to Hardy. He's too "unique" of a prospect to give up on just yet, IMO. At least give him a chance to compete for playing time when he's actually healthy. With Jackson and Lynch relatively healthy, they already have one "extra" RB who will contribute almost exclusively on special teams unless two RBs get hurt at the same time during the season, so while Chad arguably played well enough to earn a spot on the roster, Bell played that much better and took that spot from him.

[/quo

Do we get an exemption for Shawns first 4 on the 53??? I wasn't sure.Did Marshawn get one last year... who did we cut, I forget.

I think Fitz is gone.

Chan seems to like Brohm

and Levi stay, he probably wouldn't clear the wire.

Foschi is gone Shawn Nelson stays even though he's got the 4 games off.

Hardy I think saved his job Thurs. night.

Like it or not I think Ellison is here another year ,

Moats might make the Practice squad if we don't pick up someBODY else

Chambers should be gone if we can find a warmBODY to replace him.

I could see us keeping Bell and trading you know who before the deadline.

I think Levi Brown would clear waivers for the practice squad. You have to remember we drafted him in the 7th round and nobody else wanted him to that point or they would have selected him. He has not done anything in scrub time in any of the preseason games to warrant another team's interest. Also James Hardy didn't earn a roster spot in that 4th game. He is a lazy route runner, drops a fair amount of balls, and is outworked and outplayed by free agent undrafted players like Nelson (maybe even D. Roosevelt as well). If they keep Hardy, they will keep him for his physical attributes and potential, but not because of anything that he has done to date. Otherwise, I agree with most of what you are saying and think you did a good job in your analysis.

If I were them, I'd keep Ellison, McCargo and Simpson from your list and cut Coleman, Johnson and Bell (would be a candidate for the PS). Also, I keep Lankster (CB) and cut Harris (S). It's dangerous enough going with only 2 health TEs. I don't see how they can dump one of them, even if he stinks, for a FA who's never played in the system before and expect them to step in as an instant starter in 2 TE sets. Foschi will be here until Nelson/Shouman return. Also, what's the situation with Wang? For some reason, I thought he was IRd?