I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE SPILLER PICK!!!

Your splitting hair and talking semantics. Of course the Bills drafted players and addressed needs. That's what a draft is...If you reread my post the whole theme of the post was regarding the Spiller pick. That pick clearly wasn't an address the team needs pick. Clearly, it was the BPA which has merit if the pick couldn't be traded. SO not addressing the needs was referring to that pick as well as IMHO picking Wang and Levi Brown. I have a hard time believing either pick will amount to anything substantial. You turned the argument into a macro viewpoint on the Bills whole draft. Once again, you are distorting the facts and I am here to correct you. I must say this causes me much pleasure. Also, in case you haven't noticed, people don't always reply to every single point of a person's post, comment, or question. Just like you did with my post. You choose to address two out of six points. Should I "hammer" you for not replying to all my points in my post?

With me you have never had an open mind. Your close minded attitude is loud and clear. I really could careless but don't try to take the high road now. Many posters have given me compliments on my change of behavior and solid logical posts. You seem to be stuck in the past and look to go on the offensive anytime you can. In fact, I would venture to say you go trolling looking to call someone a troll. Talk about hypocrisy...

Have a great day and lets hope the Bills can make a playoff appearance soon.

Excuse me...if you're not going to analyze them, how can you criticize them? And by the way, we don't need to assess whether or not those players will work out -- the whole point is that you criticized the Bills for NOT ADDRESSING NEEDS. Those needs were in fact addressed -- it's the end result we don't yet know.

I start with an open mind; it becomes closed once a person has routinely exhibited a certain type of behavior. I'm sure I'll continue to peruse your posts along the way; if you give me any reason to change my opinion I'll let you know.

Are you two dating??

Every year I get excited about the Bills. Deep down I know they wont make the playoffs let alone a SB. This year started out the same as many others have. Excitment and inthusiasdum for our team. The one thing that is different from years past...I am still excited! After seeing the amazing skills Spiller has I am 100% excited. I think he was the perfect pick for us and I applause Buddy for drafting him! I think he has and will continue to make the Bills a better team. I give much credit to Mr. Gaily aswell, i know its preseason and we have seen Trent play like this before. I belive he has a new intrest in the game of football. The past cpl years he didnt look interested. He looks like he is having fun now. He looks like he could lead a team right now. I am excited about our offense for the first time since the 90's! We are on the rise in the NFL! GO BILLS!!!

P.S. Sorry if my spelling is bad...i have been drinking, that may be the reason for my intusiasum too!!

Deep down? Does that mean superficially you think this team left in total disarray after the last season and a half, a team admittedly in rebuilding mode, might make the playoffs?

More importantly...you've been drinking? It's not even 1:30 in the afternoon yet! Tell me you're in Europe right now or something...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is John Cocktosten and I was wrong about the CJ Spiller pick. It's not that I didn't like him as a player, I've said that I think he was the most exciting player in the draft. It was selecting a RB that bothered me (my rationale below). But after watching the Bengals game, I am here to say that I was completely wrong. He is Marshall Faulk/Gale Sayers, he's special beyond special and if he stays healthy, he will retire one of the great ones. So here's to Buddy Nix, your first pick as a Bills GM was BRILLIANT. May there be many more! :beer:

Nice alias.