Official SD vs DENVER thread

YOOOOOO

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SD on the door step.

How would you like to be SD next season. They already have a good team, 2 1st roiund draft picks and another QB that will probably be traded for high draft pick

Touchdown SD 13-7 before extra point

Think the last series in the SD - Den game may be about the ugliest series i have seen / read about in a long time.

12 plays, 6 of them including a Penalty.

Roughing the passer on 3rd and 19, PI, false start, offside, etc., and of course a holding penalty on the punt return.

Whats Drew Brees' contract status?    I'd keep him if I were San Diego.  Let Rivers ride pine for another year or 2.    If not, trade Brees for a 1st rounder NEXT year as they probably cant afford 3 first rounders in one year.

147094[/snapback]

Brees is an UFA next year. The only way for them to keep him is to FP him, but that will cost them at least $9M. They can afford it, but if their plan is to trade him, no one will trade a 1st AND give him that kind of coin. If the idea is to keep him, if he has another great year, what do you do then?

Brees is an UFA next year.  The only way for them to keep him is to FP him, but that will cost them at least $9M.  They can afford it, but if their plan is to trade him, no one will trade a 1st AND give him that kind of coin.  If the idea is to keep him, if he has another great year, what do you do then?

147140[/snapback]

Hard to argue with success but at that price they may have to take their chances with Rivers. If I were them, I'd draft Defensive Line and WR (Mike Williams perhaps) with those 2 first rounders. They could be a good team for a long time to come if they do this right.