Hardy practiced & might play against Cincy

Skoobydum

How many WR did we keep last year?

I mean, the way I see it now is:

Evans, Parrish, Johnson - 1st team

Jackson, Nelson, Hardy - 2nd team

Am I missing something? Taking 6 WRs is that much out of the question?

Also, I won't be surprised if Jackson is the number 2 by week 3.

I never thought Hardy was going to get cut and still don't. After watching Gailey talk about him today on Bills.com, it reinforced my feeling he is going to make the team. It's surely not a given, and I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it, I just don't think we're going to give up on him.

Here is the link, click on Gailey Thursday update on lower right.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Trent-Edwards-Meets-the-Media/3af66cf5-d16e-42ae-af77-1f5b34ad1e74#?id=202d1f1c-bbfd-4bd3-8c1c-2186115ff6f6

I never thought Hardy was going to get cut and still don't. After watching Gailey talk about him today on Bills.com, it reinforced my feeling he is going to make the team. It's surely not a given, and I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it, I just don't think we're going to give up on him.

Here is the link, click on Gailey Thursday update on lower right.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Trent-Edwards-Meets-the-Media/3af66cf5-d16e-42ae-af77-1f5b34ad1e74#?id=202d1f1c-bbfd-4bd3-8c1c-2186115ff6f6

It's hard to give up something we never had, the kids either hurt or playing bad.

It's hard to give up something we never had, the kids either hurt or playing bad.

No, the easy thing to do is to give up on something you never had. And the easy thing to do would be to cut him. The hard thing to do is keep him based on such little production and playing time. But that's what I think Nix and Gailey are going to do, because they are smart football men.

Again, I don't think it's set in stone. If he looks bad or drops a few passes in the last two games I expect him gone. If he's cut I won't be shocked, and I have no connection or real affection for him as a player. I just still think he could be a valuable cog with certain talents he possesses, and I don't think we have seen it yet. But I expect to.

I think Hardy is not going to be cut. If Easley didn't have his season end the way it did, maybe. The only reason Johnson makes the team is for ST purposes alone. I think buffaloaggie's list is pretty much dead on.

How would you rank our current receivers in terms of value to the Bills? At the most they keep 6. Likely 5 are going to get most of the playing time. So who get's cut? Hardy is not in the top 5 right now he would have to have an outstanding game against Cinci to get there or someone has to get hurt.

I think Hardy is not going to be cut. If Easley didn't have his season end the way it did, maybe. The only reason Johnson makes the team is for ST purposes alone. I think buffaloaggie's list is pretty much dead on.

The only way Johnson makes the team is for special team purposes? I thought Johnson was locked in at #2?

How would you rank our current receivers in terms of value to the Bills? At the most they keep 6. Likely 5 are going to get most of the playing time. So who get's cut? Hardy is not in the top 5 right now he would have to have an outstanding game against Cinci to get there or someone has to get hurt.

Before the rash of injuries, Gailey said he was thinking they'd suit up 5 WR on a weekly basis. With the TE problems and Easley gone, that might change now, but to be #6 at the moment is probably an uncomfortable place.

No, the easy thing to do is to give up on something you never had. And the easy thing to do would be to cut him. The hard thing to do is keep him based on such little production and playing time. But that's what I think Nix and Gailey are going to do, because they are smart football men.

Again, I don't think it's set in stone. If he looks bad or drops a few passes in the last two games I expect him gone. If he's cut I won't be shocked, and I have no connection or real affection for him as a player. I just still think he could be a valuable cog with certain talents he possesses, and I don't think we have seen it yet. But I expect to.

I think your faith in him is a huge stretch & I'm a real big homer. I hope you're right, believe me that I feel him playing anywhere near potential would improve the Bills. How long we wait for him to get healthy or show flashes of greatness is going to be a wait and see.

It's possible, hell it's even likely, that David Nelson >>> Hardy, and since has a similar body type, he may be our "go up and get it play" guy. I have seen Nelson catch 2 TDs...with the last one an absolute torching of the guy covering him. He's 2nd on the team in yards(by 1), and while I know that doesn't mean much...he also isn't dropping balls.

I have been carrying water for Hardy for the last 2 years on this board...but objectively? I'd say it's a toss up between the two at this point...and, Nelson plays for a lot less than Hardy does.

Evans

Johnson(at this point looks like he's #2, and while this is another of my favorites, he's got to pick it up)

Roscoe(slot is his, no doubt about it)

Nelson

Jackson(don't know...depends on special teams)

Roosevelt(Special teams has been good from what I have seen)

------

Jones(May beat out Jackson because of his special teams ability)

Hardy--->odd man out maybe

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I think Hardy makes the team because Nix has said that while in San Diego, they drafted bigger wide receivers so they had a physical advantage over teams like Indianapolis who had cornerbacks that were smaller. I wouldn't be surprised if he is looking to build a similar team here in Buffalo.