We have a good team!

major

I look forward to your sentiments after we come out of the gate 0 -4, which is highly likely. Phins, Pats, Packers and Jets. I do not see how this team wins any of those games.

I believe the possibility is real that we go 2-2 after the first 4. Why? Both Miami and the Pats have Defensive Weaknesses that can be exploited. Green Bay is clearly Superior on paper, but still gives up a lot of sacks. The jets are still strong defensively, but I believe weakened themselves if they are going to have more of a dependence on Sanchez.

I know it's only a preseason game, but our starters hung in there with the starters from the defending AFC champion Colts. After the game, I realized what I had just witnessed - the beginning of something special. We have a good team this year! Enjoy the ride fellow fans. It's going to be a fun year.

I like your optimism, but don't get to far ahead of yourself, you are only setting yourself up to be disappointed. It was only preseason, just like the disaster against the Redskins was the week before. Don't expect much from this team and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised instead of annually disappointed.

Wake up your dreaming. I tagged this post so I can pull it out in November when we're debating what player to take with a top 5 pick.

We are better than we were last year because we have a real football coach who billieves in hard work and competition but we are not a "good team" yet IMO.

Good teams by my definition are in the top 1/3 of the leauge, average in the middle 1/3 and bad in the bottom 1/3. Do you billieve that we are in the top third of the NFL? What do you base that on? You have to prove yourself, on the field, in the regulare season and make the playoffs if you're considered to be a good team.

I know it's only a preseason game, but our starters hung in there with the starters from the defending AFC champion Colts. After the game, I realized what I had just witnessed - the beginning of something special. We have a good team this year! Enjoy the ride fellow fans. It's going to be a fun year.

;)

This Bills football team is only a player or two away from being a real good football team in my opinion.

What I wouldn't do for an above average, seasoned LT,

Defense wins championships and the Bills Secondary is second to none...

I'd have to say more then two, perhaps only two if those are both a left and right tackle...:D

but then they are still in need of a top TE- top 2nd WR- top OLB- two DE.

I am not going to say anything. I will let the Bills do the talking on the field.

Being exuberant doesn't exclude you from being foolish. Why do you think every NFL analyst and publication have us projected to be at least a bottom four to six team? Do you think they are collectively biased against Buffalo? The Bills as they presently stand are a very thin team. When they incur injuries, as all teams do, they will falter even more because of their lack of depth.

Being a Buffalo Bills fan doesn't necessarily mean that you have to totally lose your objectivity and sensibility.

I agree, I think the bills have something special...all we need is a veteran qb to take us to the next level.

Go Bills

Joe

The Bills are an odd mix. Talent and depth at running back and in the secondary, but poor talent at QB, offensive tackle, TE and WR (after Evans). I do not think this makes for a good team, particularly with our lack of depth on the o-line and our injury situation.

The Bills are an odd mix. Talent and depth at running back and in the secondary, but poor talent at QB, offensive tackle, TE and WR (after Evans). I do not think this makes for a good team, particularly with our lack of depth on the o-line and our injury situation.

A man of reasoning. How bout that.

I think the Bills have a high probability of winning in week 1 if for only 1 reason: the Dolphins have not won their opening game in a while, in fact they struggle early in the season a lot recently. 2009 started 0-3, 2008 0-2, 2007 0-11, 2006 0-2 (continuing to 1-6), 2005 they won their opener but went 2-4 to start the season, 2004 0-6, 2003 0-1. 2002 was the last time the Dolphins started the season strong. The Bills haven't fared a whole lot better in their openers 3-4 over the same stretch to Miami's 1-6. But it does seem like the Bills play better in week 1 than the Dolphins over the past 7 years. Bills also lost some really close week 1 matchups like last year to the Pats.

Aside from that I think the fact that the Bills will likely have 4 solid runningbacks going into the season (lynch, Jackson, Spiller and Bell). that means that the running game ought to be able to produce (early indications say it will) which takes a lot of pressure off the QB's. Our QB's are not great no matter who ends up starting so the less they have to carry the team the better. If the Bills defense and special teams can come together, the Bills have a chance to have a similar winning formula to the Jets of last season. Sanchez did almost nothing for the team until very late. They won by running and playing solid defense. The Bills can win some games if they stick to this formula and don't fall to far behind (forcing the QB to throw and win with his arm).

I agree. I am so sick of hearing how BAD BAD BAD the Bills are when they play an Offensive Line with 3 back ups, and a Defense missing a few starters. With everyone in place on the Offense they didn't look so bad. The Defense even played decently. I love the sky is falling mentality when they are playing poor, but no credit to when they play well. GO BILLS!!

When the Bills have all of their starters in there on the O-Line, they are playing with at least 3 backups?