The defense states its case..

I think I posted 5-6 times between the Redskins and the Colts games.

Week one was very disheartening but also, after seeing so many seasons of football, it was important to not overreact to the debacle of Preseason Week One.

Much of the disjointedness could have been predicted, new coaches, players, schemes…I also think the Bills were physically whupped last week…Gailey's been beating them up pretty good in practice. From what I can ascertain, Bills Camp has been possibly the most physical camp in the NFL this year.

Anyways, Marcus Stroud and Poz (NOT HAPPY with himself) commented to BuffaloBills.com. I would resist the temptation to rush to judgement on all things Bills as the team is changing before our very eyes and what might be true today might not be true tomorrow or two weeks from now.

Seeing as we're all voracious today, I thought this would be a nice diversion from 5 or 6 more Brian Brohm threads.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/20/b...rs-settling-in/

“A lot more comfortable,” said Stroud of how he felt in the 3-4 Thursday night. ”Last week, I was like a fish out of water, so to speak. This week, I was a little more comfortable in what I was doing, I had more confidence in my play and it showed, it showed up on the tape.”

Stroud had a tackle for loss and batted pass in Thursday night’s victory.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/20/p...ppy-with-debut/

“I definitely found out that I have a long way to go,” he said. ”I wasn’t comfortable with the way I played or the way I felt so it was good to out there and get some experience again, but it also made me realize that I have a lot of work to do before the regular season starts.”

Click link to see more Poz comments.

Thanks for the quote and comment. Its a new defense, new coaches and new positions for them all so I imagine it wil be a pretty steep learning curve. I have to admit the improvement between week 1 and week 2 is remarkable, and I'm happy to see they acknowledge there is quite a way to go. Let's see if they keep improving.

Thanks for the quote and comment. Its a new defense, new coaches and new positions for them all so I imagine it wil be a pretty steep learning curve. I have to admit the improvement between week 1 and week 2 is remarkable, and I'm happy to see they acknowledge there is quite a way to go. Let's see if they keep improving.

The improvement really was something, wasn't it? Hopefully it keeps on going throughout the preseason and into the regualr season (and then into the playoffs...).

I'm still worried about the linebackers. I think the defensive line and secondary will be good. However, I'm not sure about the linebackers, rushing the passer and going into coverage.

+1

The LB's will be the last unit to "come along." The front 3 aren't exactly conducting brain surgery, and our DB's give our RB's a close contest for team's best unit. The DB's looked a bit more comfy last night, too. And I don't see it taking more than two more preseason games for them, along with the DLine to be "getting" it.

Our LB's, however: IMO, they might give the OLine a run for team's weakest unit. They're young and inexperienced, and the vets that we do have (with the exception of A.Davis) were brought to this team to play 4-3. So I expect to see some serious brain farts out there for the first part of the season. I won't be happy about it, but we as fans must expect growing pains from the least equipped, but most important unit on defense. We should, however, be grateful that we have two increasingly stellar units at the line and in the backfield, and these strengths will makeup for the inevitable weaknesses we have at LB, to some extent.

Thanks, San Jose for framing this post to highlight the player perspective. It's nice to know that we as fans perceived an improvement, and that our perception was on target. But using these players' comments to build an understanding of what to expect as the team continues to learn and develop will certainly add balance to the TSW WE SUCK! WE RULE! undulation.

Week one was very disheartening but also, after seeing so many seasons of football, it was important to not overreact to the debacle of Preseason Week One.

Much of the disjointedness could have been predicted, new coaches, players, schemes…I also think the Bills were physically whupped last week…Gailey's been beating them up pretty good in practice. From what I can ascertain, Bills Camp has been possibly the most physical camp in the NFL this year.

Anyways, Marcus Stroud and Poz (NOT HAPPY with himself) commented to BuffaloBills.com. I would resist the temptation to rush to judgement on all things Bills as the team is changing before our very eyes and what might be true today might not be true tomorrow or two weeks from now.

Seeing as we're all voracious today, I thought this would be a nice diversion from 5 or 6 more Brian Brohm threads.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/20/b...rs-settling-in/

“A lot more comfortable,” said Stroud of how he felt in the 3-4 Thursday night. ”Last week, I was like a fish out of water, so to speak. This week, I was a little more comfortable in what I was doing, I had more confidence in my play and it showed, it showed up on the tape.”

Stroud had a tackle for loss and batted pass in Thursday night’s victory.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/20/p...ppy-with-debut/

“I definitely found out that I have a long way to go,” he said. ”I wasn’t comfortable with the way I played or the way I felt so it was good to out there and get some experience again, but it also made me realize that I have a lot of work to do before the regular season starts.”

Click link to see more Poz comments.

That's because they spent about half the time in a 4 man line... They looked A LOT better in the 4 man look, IMO.

I'll grant you that, you were one of the more positive posters who didn't throw in the towel. I, on the other was a towel thrower. I've lived through the AFL years, and the horrible 70's and early 80's, and thought here we go again.

Thankfully, the Bills show promise; something that has been lacking for over a decade. Keep up the positive comments. I always enjoy reading your posts. :devil: